Just got referred for IVF

hi ladies :flower:

Honey: goodluck with the stims, hope you respond well lots of :dust: to you!

Noasaint: goodluck with your stims also, lots of :dust: to you too!

Drsquid: goodluck with your cycle lots of :dust: to you too!

Aleja: hope af turns up soon!

Stinas: hope you get lots of answers at your appt thursday :thumbup:

I had my appt today for cycle number 4:wacko: ill start prognova tablets on day 1 two tablets 3 x a day, then scan & bloods on day 10ish then ill have progesterone pessaries and the transfer will be 6 days after pessaries start... hope that makes sense? we have also decided to use assisted hatching this time :thumbup: now i just need af to show up so i can get started!!!

sheri- Thank you so much.good luck for this one. I know you must be feeling a lot different about IVF now. I am sending you extra baby dust , and with assisted hatching I guess you have pretty much covered everything, so this has to be it. You are in my prayers always. Hope AF turns up soon for you and Aleja so you can get started. We need some BFPs on this thread.

stinas- i dont have any real fertility problems either. i did 4 iuis which turned out to be with crap sperm. im single so it isnt like i was trying at home .i just decided i wanted this now instead of waiting longer.

i wanna do us again at work today. just curious (even thugh im getting my "official" one tomorow).

honey- sorry about the headaches .ive had them coming and going too. didnt have that the last time i did stims buti didnt do lupron or menopur that time so...

Thanks for all the info ladies! I was just curious. Still new to all of this, but im getting the hang of it. Hopefully tom I can get DH biopsy scheduled for 2nd week of July and get this ball rolling.

Aaawww, thanks Sheri! Good luck to you as well.

Got a call from the RE office this morning. The office I go to which is 15 minutes away will not have a sonographer tomorrow. Someone dropped the ball so it was last minute knowledge. So now I have to get up at 5:30 to get to the other office almost an hour away. At least they agreed to check my thyroid levels for me so I don't have to go back to my primary care. Unfortunately from the RE office my work is 45 minutes away. I am going to be all over town tomorrow morning. DH won't be able to give me the shots tomorrow either. Hope the rest of this cycle goes better! Lol

Super tired, if I ramble I apologize. DH tossed all night since his back was hurting and it kept me up. They had a hard time drawing blood this morning which was NOT fun at all. I have "a lot" of antral follicles they told me so I'm going back on Sunday. I go for pre op on Monday.

OK, confession. I'm getting freaked out. Now that it's moving along and it seems like it's so fast with so much stuff to think about I'm getting scared. Doing my best not to let the anxiety take over but Im' sure as it gets closer it will get worse. Can't wait to just be done with it and relax again.

noasaint - Its exciting its getting super close! Dont be nervous!

Here is my todays story with the fertility center...im c/p this from the azoo thread because im too lazy to re type it.

I just got back from the fertility center. I cant believe how nice everyone was, it was such a nice experience, I was not expecting that at all. Everything went super fast and it looks like end of July early Aug we will be starting IVF....IF they find sperm during DH biopsy, which they will know right away. So far we are aiming for that to happen second week of July. I am going to an IVF class on tuesday and wed we sign consent forms. I didnt expect any of this to go so fast, but im excited that its working out. Now all we have to do is pray harder for sperm. Only HUGE downfall to it all is insurance pays pretty much nothing. I dont event think they will cover DH biopsy, but our urologist is trying to see if they can, which is another hold up. DH is going to call them up today to just say dont bother, its not even worth waiting longer, might as well pay the $2k its probably going to cost. All in all the whole IVF + meds will cost around $15K. Crazy, but it is what it is at this point.

:Hi ladies
Stinas yay for the game plan! Yes the cost is overwhelming but as you said .. It is was it is .. If we all concentrated on how much we are spending then I think most people wouldn't even do IvF in the first place.

Honeycheeks, drsquid and noasaint all the best on your cycles.. Yes it's nerve wrecking but exciting at the same time

Sheri , 4th time lucky I say! It feels like you have done a few cycles since the time we were on the same one !

I am stuck in an Endless Cycle:rain:
I guess my ovaries and hormones really were messed up since the stims

aleja - Thank you! Im excited! Im just happy we are fortunate enough to be able to do it.

We scheduled our biopsy for July 9th!!! Pray for sperm ladies! Deep down inside I am confident we have sperm...doc seems to think the same as well....but we can use all the prayers we can get.

Hi ladies,

Noasaint- Hope your not freaking out still & are starting to relax again.

Stinas- how exciting you now have a plan, I'm sure there is lots of healthy smermies waiting in there! The cost is overwhelming, I just pay the bill & think about the holiday that could have been but I can always have another holiday they don't have an expiry date haha

Aleja- hope your Hormones settle soon & af turns up very soon.

Honey- hope your stims are making lots of nice eggs & your headaches have settled.

Drsquid- hope your us went well.

My af turned up on time with a vengeance I haven't had cramps or very heavy flow since I was a teenager but this time ive had 2 days of cramps that painkillers didn't really help with :wacko: hopefully it's what I need! Started my eostrogen tablets yesterday & have my scan & bloods on the 19th

Have a nice weekend ladies :dust:

Oh Sheri I'm rooting for you!!!! I've not heard of this protocol but the assisted hatching hopefully helps. We're doing it too. Prayers on the way!

Sending hugs and prayers your way too Stinas, I know you want to get this going. Is your DH nervous about it? Hopefully once it's done you can both relax a little.

sheri- ive found ive had much heavier flow since starting all this ttc stuff

went for my us today.. the biggest got bigger but not enormous and i have a ton of little ones. cause my e2 was only in the 800s yesterday it suggests a lot arent mature. if it is still going up today then we will keep stimming for a trigger monday and ER weds, if it flatlines then we will trigger for tuesday. kinda excited and bummed.. excited cause there is a chance for a bunch more eggs but bummed cause im worried that the big wwill go overripe without maturing the little ones,

noasaint - He is super nervous. I know hes still upset over it all, but I reassure him it will be ok. Not knowing is pretty scary. Usually when there is no sperm at all there was either an undecended testicle, surgery as a child/adult down there which caused scarring, mumps as a child, or your hormones are all messed up....DH had/has none of that, plus the urologist found the cyst in his prostate which he thinks is the main blockage and/or his Varicocele could be heating the sperm up and causing them to die. So I have a good feeling he does have sperm, but its still freaking me out what if he does not. Praying at this point is all we can do. If we find sperm, we are on a roll. Monday I will be filling my BCP prescription so I can be ready to take them when they tell me to. Tuesday I am taking a class on IVF....they are going to show me how to do the needles and I dont really know what else, but I want to be completely ready. Then wed we sign our consent forms! So July 9th biopsy is going to tell us when we start IVF.

noasaint- ivf definitely has a lot going on, oncde it gets started you have things moving so fast that you sometimes feel you want to slow it down. it is natural to get anxious, but you will be way too excited when your BFP comes by and you will feel proud to experience every part of every part of the conception journey.Dont be nervous, this is happening now.

Stinas- Im glad you had a warm experience at the fertility centre. Good luck for the biopsy. I guess there is not enough reason to worry about not finding sperm, I am pretty much sure they are there and that it is going to get easier for you from here. I get nothing from insurance either. But I am glad we are fortunate enough to be able to afford it. Praying that it works first time for you.Get started with the IVF classes, it will get you more into the flow and ready for it when you really know what it involves.I cant believe you are moving so fast.TTC and azoo will soon be history for you.

sheri- yay for the AF, but it sucks that it is crampy and painful. Happened several times with me too, but when AF arrives after endless waiting, it is usually a relief to get started on the new cycle and there is no time to think about how annoyingly crampy it is. All prayers with you this time, I believe June is the lucky month for us. I am sure your docs have everything taken care of this time, so nothing could go wrong. I am rooting for you.

drsquid- good luck. I hope you have plenty of follicles.I am all excited for you. I know this is going to work for you.:dust:

AFM- Stimming is going good, but im having some difficulty with the prefilled gonalF pens. No matter how hard i try, a little air bubble pops in the syringe.It usually happens when I have just pushed in the medication into my tummy and before i pull the needle out of my body. Please give me tips on how to avoid that.

Honey - Thank you!! I am still in shock as to how fast it is going, but i dont want to jinx it lol I hope they find sperm...im scared about it, but I have a good feeling about it.
The doc showed me those pens.....I would imagine they are easier than the other needles you have to fill yourself.
I think the class will make me feel more at ease. Im not scared of needles or anything like that, so in that aspect I think ill be ok. I have watched my mom give my dad weekly injections for more than 15yrs now, so its nothing new to me. He has MS. Those needles are a lot bigger than the IVF needles.
Im excited for the class. What else do they tell you in it? I know every class is different, but just curious.

Do you get a bit sick from these shots? Or just the occasional headache?

hi stinas, i will be sending my prayers to you from Australia. your DH must be nervous and scared as you are but these doctors seem to know what they are doing and I am sure they will search high and low until they find some good sperm.

my ivf orientation - the nurse showed me how to use the pen injections and told me what happens at each part of the cycle. they gave me a little take home pack of information to read and gave me a cooler bag for the meds, and a sharps container.

i didn't really get much symptoms from the injections. a bit of a headache but i drank lots of water to help. The Antagonist injection (the one I had was orgalutran) was a bit ouchy and stings the skin for a few minutes..but nothing major.

Stinas - none of the injections for me hurt so far. And i no longer have headaches. I had a bad migraine a few days after my first shot which was for supression. I dont know for sure if it is a side effect of the medication or just a coincidence. Now i dont have any side effects or headaches. Anyways i am on the smallest dose. We wont know the truth until i have my blood test and u/s on 12th to know how i am responding to the meds.

AFM- Stimming is going good, but im having some difficulty with the prefilled gonalF pens. No matter how hard i try, a little air bubble pops in the syringe.It usually happens when I have just pushed in the medication into my tummy and before i pull the needle out of my body. Please give me tips on how to avoid that.

I don't think you need to worry about it. Why are you concerned? Even if a small amount of air is injected into you, it will do you no harm. I'm not sure what is causing it, and I didn't notice it with my Gonal F pens, but I may not have been noticing it because it wouldn't concern me.

I'm following everyone's updates and thinking positive thoughts for you all xx

Thanks ladies!!! I'm excited and anxious! It does not seem so bad.
Stress rating for the entire IVF process what would you rate it from 1-10, 10 being the highest.

Maybe a 6, but it was the second week of the 2ww that got to me, not any part of the physical process. Discounting that week, it was probably a 3. For me, by far the biggest stress was the fear that it wouldn't work, exacerbated by the hormonal roller coaster brought on by the progesterone (or so I thought at the time, now I realise it was probably pregnancy hormones). Any other stresses were organisational, trying to schedule work around a moving timetable of scans and egg retrieval.

I think it would have been more stressful, had I had to do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->