Just got referred for IVF

so of my 13, 12 were mature and 11 fertilized.. when doc called and told me i said.. oh that is ok and he was like no.. that is fantastic. and said he was happy.. so yay. im cautiously excited. dunno what day we are doing transfer.. depends on how they look on day 3

Hi ladies, sorry ive been missing a week we've had 2 bad storms that knocked the electricity out for 30 hours & had very limited Internet connection & every time I tried to leave a MSG on here it dropped out so I gave up :wacko:

Hope you are all well nothing much has changed for me until my scan on Tuesday.

hi Sheri, i saw on the news last week about the wild weather in Perth .gosh 30 hrs without electricity..how did you cope!! :)

noasaint, i have not taken ganrilex..is that the trigger shot? if so it isn't painful. It is great you told your friend the news about ttc that would have made her day.
Can i ask you about the provera? when did you take it and did it affect your next cycles?? I am worried that my body will start becoming dependant to it. I have made an appt with the FS next week. I sent him an email with a few questions about my No-Show AF ..he said it was too complicated to answer via email so he told me to go in

honeycheeks, i had a HPT about 10 days ago and BFN. I haven't done any since as there is no point wasting a perfectly good stick. t is highly unlikely I am preggers..actually I am 99% sure. I wish though.

stinas wow that is a long wait at the clinic.....it must feel like a part time job already...

oh and DrSquid, yay! that is great. You may end up with a few frozen ones too!

Ganirelix is similar to cetrotide. They both suppress ovulation

Hi Sheri! Sucks about the weather :( Hope it stays calm for you for a while. We got some bad storms last week but now it's bright, hot and super humid.

Aleja, you're in my thoughts. This is so very tough, those stupid sticks can change our emotions in split seconds.

So apparently this cycle my follies are growing slow. Go figure. But with my PCOS they expect it to spike overnight so we're just waiting to see when that is. I've got a 14mm, 2 at 13mm, one 12 mm and she said about 18 small ones on each side with some being close to 10mm. Staying on the same meds which as of yesterday include Ganirelix. Forgot to ask what my E2 is but I'll find out when I go back on Monday. We are now looking at ER being end of next week or maybe early the following week. My poor arms are blue and yellow bruised Not sure how I'll handle one more week of blood draws but I'm gonna have to do it.

Oy totally hit my sciatic last night. Didnt sleep cause of pain in my butt. I don't remember what all I wrote before but the doc actually called me back a second time to say he thought it wouldn't be a problem. I told him I never thought it would be. I had 13 follicles. All of them with be producing progesterone so it isn't like there is none. Besides I was only starting 12 hrs late. So this am the stupid shower had no water pressure... Sigh. Doc of course
Called as I was heading across the bay bridge. Turns out I have 8 embryos that have 8-10 cells do they are gonna go to blast. He was saying how unexpected that was at my age , so I said "see I'm special". He got all serious and was like... We need to manage expectations and they won't all go to blast etc. umm duh. I then went and stopped at the clinic that is gonna do the transfer to get more needles and get them to do my shot today cause I just couldn't face it. Also told them when was best for me Monday (doc was all like... We have to work with their schedule etc... Umm dude squeaky wheel and all). So all is good now other than ass pain

Oy totally hit my sciatic last night. Didnt sleep cause of pain in my butt. I don't remember what all I wrote before but the doc actually called me back a second time to say he thought it wouldn't be a problem. I told him I never thought it would be. I had 13 follicles. All of them with be producing progesterone so it isn't like there is none. Besides I was only starting 12 hrs late. So this am the stupid shower had no water pressure... Sigh. Doc of course
Called as I was heading across the bay bridge. Turns out I have 8 embryos that have 8-10 cells do they are gonna go to blast. He was saying how unexpected that was at my age , so I said "see I'm special". He got all serious and was like... We need to manage expectations and they won't all go to blast etc. umm duh. I then went and stopped at the clinic that is gonna do the transfer to get more needles and get them to do my shot today cause I just couldn't face it. Also told them when was best for me Monday (doc was all like... We have to work with their schedule etc... Umm dude squeaky wheel and all). So all is good now other than ass pain

I don't know what age you are, but I'm 38. I only had 4 embryos and 3 went to blastocyst, with one perfect and one OK one. Your numbers sound great! FX for you xx

littleangel- im 39. oy the pio is killing me. the nurse did it today and it hurts just as bad and i cant hardly walk

Drsquid - didn't have pio (had crinone) but I've heard it's bad :(. Hope it gets easier xx

drsquid- that is an awesome report.
sheri- how did you survive 30 hours without electricity. !!
aleja- it is upsetting that AF did not show up. You could try provera this cycle. I dont think using provera one cycle will make you dependent on it forever. IVF meds anyways are messing with all your natural hormones. And you are soon going to get preggo and would not want so see AF for pretty long. Thats enough time for your body to go back to its natural rhythm.

Me- My hospital does not give appointments properly and hence the waiting. It is annoying , but I try to ignore that part. The docs and nurses are very nice, so im not complaining.
Today's E2 was well above 8500. I had 5-6 follicles which were about 15mm and 16 mm. Now i have appointments,bloodwork and ultrasound everyday.It is quite tiring.

Hi gals
Honey cheeks yikes your E2 levels have really spiked ! Are they going to coast them down or do the egg pick up? I know everyone is different but I was told anything over 4000 is considered very high. When mine hit 5000 I had to have the trigger the next day and EPU 36hrs later. Then again I had something like 22 follicles so my ovaries were in overdrive

drSquid your FS sounds so serious.. Where is his positivity .. You got some that are going to blast ..that is brilliant !

Me: I've decided to take the Provera .. It's only progesterone so it can't be that bad . Plus I've just about had it with this never ending cycle

aleja- thanks for sharing the info on E2 levels. When I was at my doctors office I had no idea that my levels meant too high. My doctor dint seem too concerned, she just said they will monitor me everyday from today. I have a lot of smaller follicles too. A total of about 10 on each side. Probably that explains it. I have done some reading on E2 levels now. I read about coasting too. I dint know about that either. Now I have a few questions to ask my doctor tomorrow. E2 will be checked again tomorrow.With these daily blood draws, my arms already look like a little vampire has been living on me. My FS said if the embryos turn out to be the best grade, she suggests that we put back just one, but me and DH want to put two in. What are your thoughts on it.

talked to doc today and he agreed to switching to crinone or endometrin. asked him to put in an order tomorrow (getting stuff sent from freedom monday night). i can do a few more days of injections i guess. it cant get worse than how horrible it is now

aleja- thanks for sharing the info on E2 levels. When I was at my doctors office I had no idea that my levels meant too high. My doctor dint seem too concerned, she just said they will monitor me everyday from today. I have a lot of smaller follicles too. A total of about 10 on each side. Probably that explains it. I have done some reading on E2 levels now. I read about coasting too. I dint know about that either. Now I have a few questions to ask my doctor tomorrow. E2 will be checked again tomorrow.With these daily blood draws, my arms already look like a little vampire has been living on me. My FS said if the embryos turn out to be the best grade, she suggests that we put back just one, but me and DH want to put two in. What are your thoughts on it.

Wow, that's really high. Are you feeling bloated at all? My RE said anything over 4000 is considered high and she will cancel cycle if it goes over 5000. How in the world do you fit in all the waiting time and appointments? Are you working? I'm really struggling with how I'm going to do it if I have to go every single day which at some point I will.

So sorry drsquid about the PIO injections. I'm very worried about this also as I've heard from numerous ladies they are just horrific. So glad your FS is calling in crinole though for you. I've got Rx for both, just waiting to see which they want me to use. Any idea why they told me I use crinole if I use Ovidrel but PIO if I use lupron trigger?

Hi ladies it is so exciting that a few of you are in the middle of your cycles:happydance: fx for all of you

Honeycheeks there will always be things we don't know about in IvF especially the first cycle. As for the E2 levels well your FS is monitoring you daily which is great . If your FS doesn't seem worried then maybe he has a plan for you.

As for transferring 1 or 2 , I am not sure what to say because i dont really have the choice about this. I had to consent to Only 1. Australia is very strict and will strongly encourage single ET especially if you are young, first IvF , and for women who have a good quality blastocyst. The FS scared the crap out of me with all the multiple pregnancy horror stories and the vanishing twin risks.. But most times it turns out fine of course .

I got my AF today! So happy . I went to an acupuncture appt on the weekend and took Provera for 2 days and this morning there was success . The best thing about it is that the nurse told me that it was way too soon for the Provera to do anything so this was just my normal AF and not some fake 'withdrawal bleed' caused by the Provera . So I think the acu did its job .

Wow, that's really high. Are you feeling bloated at all? My RE said anything over 4000 is considered high and she will cancel cycle if it goes over 5000. How in the world do you fit in all the waiting time and appointments? Are you working? I'm really struggling with how I'm going to do it if I have to go every single day which at some point I will.

So sorry drsquid about the PIO injections. I'm very worried about this also as I've heard from numerous ladies they are just horrific. So glad your FS is calling in crinole though for you. I've got Rx for both, just waiting to see which they want me to use. Any idea why they told me I use crinole if I use Ovidrel but PIO if I use lupron trigger?

I don't know why the crinoele rather than injections but I am sure there is a good explanation

ooooo Everyone is moving along nicely!!!!

Nothing to report yet on my end. Just hanging around waiting to see all of your nice BFP's!!!

Well I've got bad news and need some advice ladies. I only have 4 potentially mature follies. They will do ER for 4 follies but I don't know that I want to go through that for just 4. I've got lots of small ones but they aren't even 10mm and they have not grown at all in the last few scans. My insurance is paying most of the IVF so out of pocket isn't much for us but at this point I'm wondering if we should just do IUI. My RE is not really wanting to (for some reason she thinks multiples would happen even though I'm 38). Maybe they miraculously think my follies will grow over night because I have to go back in tomorrow morning. Then in the afternoon we have to decide. Last cycle was IUI and it cancelled because my E2 was over 1000 and RE would not do it. My E2 is well over 1000 now but at this point what option do I have?

So what do you think? ER for 4 follies or convert to IUI? And I'm prepared that if the RE won't do IUI I will trigger anyway and BD taking my chances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->