Just got referred for IVF

Thank you ladies!! Today is the day I'm most nervous about. I hope we get a lot of embryos or at least a good amount.

I got an update today....so yesterday we collected 12 eggs....10 mature and as of today 3 fertilized. Im a little sad about it, but still happy we got something. I didnt put my hopes up high anyways, but was hoping for more I guess...DH is a little sad, but more good news is that we still have some frozen sperm left! Doc also said the embryologist said that it looks like a couple should fertilize soon. So as of now, we are doing day 5 transfer....nurse said sat, but doc left dh a message saying sunday.....so I will call tom to confirm which day is correct. Now we just need to figure out exactly how many we are going to transfer. We are leaning more towards two, but still not sure yet. They say because im young and healthy, we have a good chance, but im still scared.

Praying for you Stinas. I only had 2 so you never know. Did you do ICSI? I think it sounds just fine, you only need one good one!

Yes we did do ICSI....since its testicular sperm we had no choice. Im glad we did because I feel you kind of have a better shot with it.
I know all you need is one, but im still scared. We have had a tough year, I just hope it ends well.

Yes we did do ICSI....since its testicular sperm we had no choice. Im glad we did because I feel you kind of have a better shot with it.
I know all you need is one, but im still scared. We have had a tough year, I just hope it ends well.

:hugs: I know, it's very nerve wracking right now. Prayers and best wishes coming your way. Hoping one of those is your sticky bean.

Hi Stinas well you got proof on this thread that it doesn't matter how many embryos you have as long as there is one good one in there!
Hope a couple more grow so you can get some frosties . Well done and be sure to drink lots of fluids leading up to ET x

Thank you ladies!!!
We got some more information today from our doc. She suggests to put back two as well. DH & I have been talking about it non stop and also agreed to putting two back as well. She said two embryos look great, one ok, and the others might not make it that far, but we will see by then. Hopefully we have at least one to freeze, but thats another thing im trying not to stress about right now. We are just happy we got something. ET will be sat!
I have been drinking Gatoraid like crazy! lol
So for those of you who finished or half way through those progesterone shots...how much worse do they get? Im on my second day of them. Yesterday was a piece of cake, but today, it just throbbed! Its a bit better now, but I can only imagine when I have to do that cheek again.

Stinas good luck for sat :dust: & fx for a frostie :flower:

Aleja how did your first BT go? Wishing you lots of :dust: :flower:

I'm getting over a tummy bug, had a few days off work & feel much better.

Hey Ladies, I am on vacation and do not have access to internet all the time. There is a lot going on here. Good luck Stinas and Aleja ,I hope you get your BFPs soon.
As for me , I have taken my mind off TTC for the moment as ET is not until September.

Honey - I hope you are having a blast!!! It must be nice to take your mind off TTC! You feeling better?

Sheri - Glad your feeling better!! Its nice to have some days off!

Hi stinas ! All the best for your transfer on saturday ..you will be double pupo!

I haven't had any butt injections do not sure what they are like. I had to take those dreaded pessaries during tww

Hi everyone else !

Well I had a trigger shot last night to induce ovulation and will be having the FET on Friday .. I am praying my emby will defrost well .
Other than that I noticed that I have gained 4 kg since IVF started ... So depressing as its a combination of comfort eating and meds. The clomid I had this cycle has made me so bloated I feel like the BFG (Although it should be big scary giant !)

I am not feeling very confident about these FET cycles. Only 20% chance doesn't seem very high

Aleja - thank you. Good luck to you too!!! I feel like I have gained weight too. I think it is just the nature of the ivf beast.

Im feeling good after the terrible OHSS . We are now at my husband's parents house and the father in law thinks he has to ask me everyday when we are going to have children. He irks me like that. I just wish I could forget all this TTC stuff and take it all out of my mind. I dread my FET cycle in september. I have had enough of pills and needles and OHSS and every other thing you can imagine. More than the success of IVF it is the stress of going through it all once again that runs in the foreground of my mind. I have to really prepare myself to be ready to go through it again. My husband wants to be supportive, but when we talk IVF, it doesnt all go so smooth. Maybe it is just not a guy thing to be supportive in a way that I want him to be.

Aleja and Stinas - fingers crossed for you.

so glad you are finally feeling better. *hugs* it is so hard trying to get people to understand.. and some days you wanna talk and some you dont.. can you tell them you dont wanna talk about it? my dad has pretty abhorrent political beliefs and my mom and i have declared the topic a non starter. we just dont wanna hear about it.

Hi, I have the same problem, but I have a history of intestinal adhesions and blockages which caused the tubes blockage.. Am 13 years late! Sighs I have my worries too , but am willing to start the procedure but the end of this month , by Gods will..

Good luck Stinas and Aleja!!! Very soon you'll both be PUPO and just in the 2WW. Do either of you plan to test or will you wait for betas?

Honey, I'm so sorry about your FIL. You have been through so much these last few months, it's definitely not what you need to hear at the moment. I do hope he can be more sensitive in the future but most of all I really hope you'll be pg and able to tell him soon!

Glad you are feeling better Sheri! I had a stomach issue yesterday and oh boy, I am sure glad it's over. Looking very foward to getting my doppler on Tuesday!!

Honey - Glad to hear you are doing better!!! I know it all just sucks. No one but the people who are going through it understand. DH talks about it, but only to a certain point...then he just does not get it. Hes supportive, but they are not the ones sticking themselves daily and hormones all over the place.

noasaint - Ill probably test early...im impatient and rather hear the news and deal with it myself first. You got a BFP three days after transfer?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->