Just got referred for IVF

Honey - Glad to hear you are doing better!!! I know it all just sucks. No one but the people who are going through it understand. DH talks about it, but only to a certain point...then he just does not get it. Hes supportive, but they are not the ones sticking themselves daily and hormones all over the place.

noasaint - Ill probably test early...im impatient and rather hear the news and deal with it myself first. You got a BFP three days after transfer?!?!

I got my BFP 8dp3dt. Extremely faint but it was there. I used FRER. Got a digital positive 11dp3dt.

hi ladies,
stinas, did you have the transfer?

noasaint, i think i will test before the beta..i couldn't cope getting the news of a bfn when i am in the middle of work (as the FN tend to call in the afternoons). I'd rather test before hand. I don't have too many HPT left so I will have to save them to closer to the date (as I refuse to by any more right now)

drsquid, i remember you said that you used the donor sperm as you are single (i think i would do the same thing if I wanted a baby without a partner) what does your dad say about this given he has some strong views about stuff?

Honeycheeks, i am not surprised that you are dreading the FET after your OHSS ordeal. That is certainly something not so common to end up in hospital and sick for so long so no wonder you want to put ivf out of your mind.
On the upside the FET cycle shouldn't be anything like the stim cycle. If you ovulate normally perhaps your FS can have you do a natural FET without many (or any) meds?. It sounds like you over-responded to the FSH injections so hopefully having less meds will suit your system.
As for your FIL, ahhh some well-meaning people have no idea. I wish they could just zip it. my family is similar but I feel helpless and am just polite and tell them "I'm not sure when we are having a baby"

Aleja- luckily he is only into fox as far as economics go. He is otherwise really liberal. He keeps having dreams about taking his grandsons places (Oy I want at least 1 girl). He is excited about getting to be a grandpa and I don't think he cares either way about the Vietnamese part.

aleja - Yes, I had it yesterday!!

Got the exact embryo quality numbers this morning as well as some good news....we transfered 1 stage 1 blast and one 5AA. I cant remember what she said the :cold: was...but im just glad to have one :cold:

Stinas that is awesome news! Now all you have to do is sit back and wait! I have a good feeling about this for you

Drsquid it's really quite amazing you are having twinnies - your parents must be so excited .. And I'm sure there will be a little girl in there!

Stinas congrats on being PUPO :happydance: hope the 2ww goes really fast for you :dust:

Aleja I will be praying for your frostie to defrost well & it's your sticky bean also! Will be thinking of you Friday :dust: I've put on a good 6kg myself since stating ivf in February :blush: being on HRT for the past 10 weeks prob hasn't helped either :nope:

Honey I hope you enjoy the time away from ivf so you can start your FET in a positive stress free place :flower:

Noasaint enjoy your Doppler & haven't really thought about getting one you will have to let us know what it's like :winkwink:

I have my first appt with my GP OB next Monday. I'm laying in bed right now reminiscing this time 11 years ago my waters broke 4 weeks early with my youngest dd born tomorrow weighing 6"9. I never would have dreamed I'd be starting again at 36, almost like a first time mum again!

Awww thanks Sheri x
What type of support were you on during 2ww of the FET? I started on pessaries tonight - I forgot how much I hate them!

It is almost like starting again but this time you get to share it with your DD's they will love it!
GL with OB appt x

Aleja In my FET 2ww I was on pregnyl shots , that's the only thing I remember taking... How did your transfer go?

Stinas how is your 2ww going? Fast I hope!

How is everyone else? I'm off to my dd's bday party at the fun factory, wish me luck haha

Happy Saturday everyone!

Congrats on being PUPO Stinas!!! How are you feeling?

Enjoy the birthday Sheri, hope you and little bean are doing well.

Sorry about the pessaries Aleja. I'm on Crinone gel once daily and it's not pleasant but IMO better than the progesterone in oil injections. I finally can stop all meds on Thursday!!!

AFM, not much going on. Same old symptoms of stuffy nose and yesterday I had a headache that lasted all day. My job is getting extremely stressful, to the point where I cried a few days in a row and almost blew up on a co worker. I'm looking into possibly taking a stress leave for a few months to make sure the baby stays safe. Sad to say but there are actually multiple people at my job out on stress leave right now, one being pregnant as well. They want us to work more and more OT and it's just not possible. They want Saturdays and 12 hour days, if you don't then you're treated very bad. I got called into the VP's office on Thursday for not working enough OT for her taste. I think it would be best to take a leave of absence as they could care less what the reasons are for not working OT. We shall see how it goes when I discuss it with the OB.

Noasaint - hiii! I'm doing ok. Praying this cycle works ...so far I don't have much hope. Been testing since 5dp5dt...early I know but still BFN. I'm just frustrated.
That's crazy about your work!! I agree, take the time off and worry about yourself.

Hey ladies, how is everyone here
Sheri, Noasaint and dr squid, i cant believe you are already almost towards the end of first trimester.

Stinas - congratulation on being PUPO with twins. I cant believe it is all happening so quickly for you. I know this is it for you. I feel very positive about it. You really deserve your BFP.

Aleja, good luck , Im sure it is going to be a BFP.

Honey - Thank you! I hope it all changes tom at Beta. So far I have only seen BFN's. I hope the last two day of nausea, dizziness, and migraines is a sign.

hi Ladies!
sheri, i forgot to say happy birthday before! 36 is still a great age and now you get to be a yummy mummy all over again.

noasaint, i hope the meeting with your boss goes well but I would definitely be taking leave if work is that stressful for you. It is simply not worth it for your baby if you are stressed and anxious at work (and then not sleeping and depressed all day). The baby starts mimicking your body rhythms (including heart rate and cycadian sleep rhythms) in utero so its better for you to be calm and content as the baby will then be the same. GL darl and I hope you work it out:hugs:

Stinas I can't believe you are having the beta already! that has gone so quick. I really hope you get some positive news today. i can't wait to hear your result. FX :flower:

Honey thank you for your kind thoughts.
I did have my FET on Friday last week. The doc transferred 1 blastocyst. So far I don't feel anything. I am on the pessaries 2xday. The FET cyle has been SO MUCH easier than the fresh one.
I only rested for a few hours after the transfer and then I have been taking it easy since then but have had lots of social things to attend. I feel more positive about my frozen embies compared to the fresh one so I hope 1/4 will stick

Hi Ladies:flower:

Stinas have you had your beta yet? i have all fingers & toes crossed for you! :dust:

Aleja i hope the 2ww goes fast for you & this is your sticky bean! i didnt do bed rest after this transfer either just carried on as usual.:dust:

Noasaint i hope you sort things at work out or take stress leave, i had a whole term off a few years back on stress leave and it was the best thing for me. Sounds like your employer needs a kick up the bum!:hugs:

Honey hope you are well and enjoying your break away from ttc :flower:

I had my first OB GP appt yesterday and he is just exactly what i hoped he would be, very down to earth with a great sense of humor but very thorough. I had a quick scan while i was there and baby was jumping around like a jelly bean, i have my 12 week scan next wednesday :baby:

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 10
hi sheri, oh your little one looks lovely......he/she looks quite big in the photo!
Thanks for the FET reassurance.
I must admit I am not feeling very confident today. I can't feel anything!!! not even any symptoms from the pessaries. Did you have any symptoms?
I also had a terrible day at work so I am feeling very negative about everything...bahh humbug:dohh:

stinas, hope things went well today:flower:

hi everyone else

Thanks Aleja, I was amazed that baby is starting to look like a baby now as opposed to 7 1/2 weeks when it looked like a sea monkey.

I'm still on pessaries sometimes I feel light cramping after taking one, as for symptoms I don't think I had any until I started getting faint bfp's at 7dp5dt & even then I wouldn't allow myself to think they were real until I heard the fertilty nusrse say congratulations you are 4 weeks pregnant on the phone, then the symptoms hit me like a brick wall :wacko:

Hey ladies!!!
BFN for me....we are now on to FET when my second period comes. I was going to wait and just take BCP's when this period came, but I decided I kind of need a little break. So FET should be mid Oct. It sucks, but as you all know, IVF is not a 100% guarantee.

Sheri - Love the sonogram!!!

So very sorry Stinas. ((Hugs))

Aleja.....I had and still have days of no symptoms. I know how worrisome it is. Sending sticky vibes your way!

The more I think about it I know I can't stay at my job. I will tell everyone next Thursday which is 12 weeks and hopefully I can start leave the next Monday. I like my team but everything else is awful. Thanks for sharing your experience Sheri, I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->