just had the BIGGEST scare of my life

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by leanne4stars, Jan 31, 2011.

1. leanne4stars

leanne4stars Well-Known Member

O M G i have never moved sooooooo friggin fast

dolly was sick yesterday LOTS but ok this morning with just a slight flemmy cough

she always goes back to bed for an hours nap around 10am :thumbup:

well just waking for her to wake up, listening to the monitor from downstairs and SH*T ........... the sensor movement alarm started :huh:

i have never moved so fast, all 6 month pregnant of me, darted over the stair gate up the stairs and into bedroom to find dolly dumplin right at the top of her cot absolutely fine :dohh:

i'm now waiting for my heart to return to regular beat :dohh:

2. nikkip

nikkip Mummy to 2!!

oh hun you poor thing. glad shes ok but you need ot sit down and take a deep breath. i can understand how worried you must have been though. xxxx

3. CandyApple19

CandyApple19 Pregnant with #3, PAL.

meeeeeep. and breathe girl, phewwww...=O

4. leanne4stars

sat here laughing now at how on earth did i hurdle the stair gate? LOL my baby bean must wonder wt the hell is happening he's gone a litttle quiet :dohh: midwife in an hour so i'll bring it up and make sure he's ok :)

5. Mummy~L

Mummy~L Mummy to 2

Ah that is so awful when that happens! Glad everything was ok though xx

6. CandyApple19

CandyApple19 Pregnant with #3, PAL.

hahahaha we're capable of owt when we panic!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

7. xlivix

xlivix mother of 2 :)

I have one of those sensor mats too and had to turn the alram of due to my daughter moving around so much and giving me a scare on a number of occassions!! so so scary isnt it!! im a very light sleeper since she was born, and sleep is worse now, so all i do is watch the monitor for the sensor light to indicate that shes breathing and i feel more relaxed..
    Glad to hear shes ok :) xx

8. tessica123

tessica123 Well-Known Member

It happened to us other week dead of night alarm goes off me and oh fall over each other running to get to his room he is still oh grabs him and poor kids scream place down

Puzzled we didn't know how it went off so settled him in travel cot next to bed so i can keep eye on him

When to turn parent monitor off as it was on hold and saw that temp was 19 oh had set the temperature alarm to go off at 19 so he could get up and stick heating on if needed as we don't have timer or thermostat

But wow my heart was racing then next day when i am walking slowly because huge bump SPd ect oh says you moved quicker than that last night get a wiggle on! Could have slapped him lol

9. leanne4stars

it was scary but i'd rather have a false alarm than any alarm ;) been to midwives and everything is all fine :) baby bean was heard beating away :wacko: not seen again now until 34 weeks x time is creepin up on me :wacko:

10. qpaulina42

qpaulina42 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about these alarms. Do they go off when there is no movement? Or the opposite? What are they there for?

11. stucknthecity

stucknthecity Pregnant with # 1 !

That's what I want to know! And where do I find this magical heart attack in a box lol!

12. ClaireMuir123

ClaireMuir123 Mummy to Jayden and Ava

The sensor pads go under the cot matress. They're so sensitive they pick up the baby breathing. If there's no movement/breath in (I think) 7 seconds the alarm goes off.

But I had the same problems with mine, my son would go into an L shape at the top of his cot so his alarm would go off all the time lol. Glad it was just a false alarm.

Sorry, I'm not even supposed to in here, I'm still in 1st tri lol xxx

13. leanne4stars

likek clairemuir stated it is a normal sound monitor which you can hear baby in bed say if you go downstairs but has the added part of a mat that will alarm after i think 20 seconds if there is no movement. it is very sensitive and monitors babies breathing chest rises etc

although the alarm can be absolutely terrifying when it goes off i wouldnt be without it. i can't sleep without the beeps at the side of me :wacko:

i will have 2 beeping monitors once baby bean is here :wacko:

there are different makes and styles and most baby stores and supermarkets sell them. think the cheapest one is around £50.

14. kazb25

kazb25 Well-Known Member

i had an image of the grand national wiv u jumping over the gate up the stairs, i bet u moved pretty fast for a 6 months pregnant women, !!!!, hope the heart rate is back to normal now xxxx