Just interested - Whats your work status?

I work part-time - 25 hours per week.

I am SAHM and have been since Em was born. However, I am on a career break and will have to return August 2012 or resign. All things being equal I will go back 2 days a week at that point.

since last week i have been part time 22hours a week :)
before that i was SAHM since morgan was born

Complicated...

Basically I'm a supply teacher (primary) - used to do what could be seen as part-time hours, got 2-3 days a week work and chugged along fine on that. However since changes hit with who could cover classes, and then the budget cuts hit school budgets and the training courses I'd often be providing cover for, and of course the inconvenience of me being pregnant... work's dried up and I've worked 2 days this academic year. Fact my agency tries to get me to do stuff like free-trial half-days (schools are never going to say "oh yes she was perfect" - they're going to say "oh she wasn't quite right - got anyone else we can try out" and get another freebie cover slot, and wreck my feedback records in the process) and have started pulling all sorts of mind-game junk - and it's just not a feasible way of life anymore.

So basically keeping afloat on hubby's wages and private tutoring work I do on weekends and evenings (thankfully the demand for that has gone insane this year) and when baby comes it's something that I can keep on with for the hour or so I'm out of the house while hubby's home with the small person. My due date works out quite well with it all as well - I'm due end of May, so I can get this current batch of tutees through SATs and things - and then have summer off and see if I'm up to picking up new kids come September or not. I also do test marking work, but I think being due to give birth two weeks after the kids sit SATs this year - I'd be pushing it to clear my marking allocation and won't be doing that this year unfortunately!

I'm a SAHM - Steve earns too much for us to get tax credits or help with childcare so if I went back to work my wages would just be paying for nursery fees. It's what I wanted too so I'm happy :)

Full time 36-40 hours per week.

I wish I could do part time, but my job won't allow it unfortunately :cry:

I'm P/T working 24.5 hours, mon-wed 9-5 and am Thur. Looking to drop the thur now as I'm in a job share and she works thurs so soon to be 21 hours.

I work full time (37.5 hours) plus college 1 night a week.

I'm the same Baby France, would love to be PT but I would have to change jobs. :cry:

im self employed so very my hours every week

sometimes i will work 6 days, this week i worked monday and am having the rest of the week off

I'm currently unemployed since being made redundant in October. :(
Hoping to get back to work full time asap and to go part time/sahm once we have a LO if possible!

I officially work 4 days from 8.30 - 4, (secondary teacher) but in reality there is another 2 hours a day on top plus evening and sunday work so my hours are easily 40+.

We couldn't afford for me to be at home as I am the main wage earner.

part time during term time and full time in the school holidays. but my lo.comes to work with me every dye :)

I am a SAHM, and i have to be honest, there is nothing easier, i genuinely think people either forget how hard work is or had insanely easy jobs! people are always saying being a sahm is the hardest job, and i agree but then secretly think HOW ?! ... lol so yeah sahm :) x

just noticed that sounded a little bit, like "how dare anyone complain about anything if they stay at home" ... what i mean is; ya get to stay at home with your child all the time, which is a reward in its self you can take a break whenever you like;)(5 mins on the toilet that sort of thing lmao) and EAT whenever you like, all with the tv in the background, sure beats any job i have ever had :p x

I chose to go back to work and opted for 22 hours but upped it recently so now I work P/T 29 hours a week but on Flexi hours so usually do 30+.

How exciting, good luck for your new job :flow:

I work a 40hr week, so full time x Phew is it tiring though!

I work full time with 4/10 hour days. I feel like I have the best of both worlds as I have 3 whole days with my boys and get to spend every evening with them. I work midnights and feel as though I see my kids more than those with a Mon-Fri 8-5 gig. It's awesome! :thumbup:

Good luck at your new job!

I currently work 16hrs a week so part time. But will be getting a second job doing 9hrs a week soon :thumbup:

I'm a sahm but may be getting a very part time job soon,4 hours a week cleaning in the small office my sister works at!

Have been considering finding something ft but I dunno if I'd be happy

I work part time and am a student part time. And I have Lennon with me when I'm working and studying so I kind of feel like a SAHM aswell. Confusing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->