Just need to say... & a question!

ooSweetPea

Mommy to 2 35 weekers <3
Reaction score
We made it to 6 months! :happydance:

I thought me going back to work at 10 weeks would be the start of the end because my supply tanked with pumping, but here we are 6 months along and she hasn't needed a drop of formula! Some days I'm just barely pumping enough to supply her bottles the next day but somehow I've been managing it with an extra pump in the evenings here and there.

I will say, however, that I'm going to go completely 'Office Space' on my pump whenever I stop pumping - in a field with a baseball bat! Oh how I loathe that thing!

Which brings me to my question - for any of you working moms/mums, did you stop pumping milk for LO when you were at work? Is it possible to do cows milk during the day (at one year) and nurse any other time? Right now I pump 3 times at work but if I could do one time or possibly none it would be a godsend as it takes so much time away from my work. I am trying to bf for a year and then cut down after that... possibly morning and night feeds only at that point? Really it depends on her and I have no idea what she'll be wanting at that point!

After baby is a year old there's no need to continue pumping during the day if you don't want to. Of course you want to make sure you're sticking with breast milk or formula before then, but after that cow's milk is supposed to be okay.

My LO only nurses in the morning and evening during the week but doesn't like cow milk so she just drinks water during the day. I give her lots of other dairy products at home to make sure she's getting enough calcium and vitamin D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->