• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

just wanted to share with everyone!

nikki2512

Reaction score
hi all,my sister in law borrowed me a book a few weeks ago by jodi picoult,called house rules,normally i only mainly read auto biographies but this book is a very good read had me crying at times but really enjoyed it,also what was good about it is my niece has aspergus syndrome and the main character in the book does,so reading it also helped me to understand her better too,i couldn't put it down.So much that after i finished this one i went on amazon and looked up more books by jodi picoult,i have bought a few more of her books and at the moment i am reading my sisters keeper which is also a brilliant story,so if anyone is after a good book to read i would definetly recomend looking her up :)

I love Jodi Picoult! I haven't read House rules yet though, might have to try it x

hi superbecks,yeah it's really good if you go on amazon you can buy her books from £1.25p each with post and packaging that is too :) xx

I want to read this, I read all the books with aspergers in that I can find lol x

I love Jodi Picoult books, she is a fab author! my fav of her's is called 'plain truth', it is about the amish and I really loved it, I find the Amish very interesting people

I finished House Rules a couple of weeks ago too.

I did like it but I found it quite worrying too. I was really stuck with what to do for the best when it was time for LO to have his vaccinations, and I delayed the MMR one for several months.

After he had it things seemed fine but after reading the book I was worried all over again because he likes to line up his toys in the way she described. I had him diagnosed and undiagnosed on every page (and think I'm seeing signs that aren't there).

It really opened my eyes to the way people with AS can be treated, and the bit where she talks about the Autism Aware Card and then said that she worries her son might have to reach for his card and be shot by a policeman thinking he was going for a gun really shook me up.

I do wish though that she had been more forthcoming at the end of the book. I don't want to say anything for fear of spoilers but it did seem to be a big change from her other books, where she does a twist but everything is explained properly. I felt she could have said more than she did this time.

hi midnight fairy,if aspergus is something you would like more understanding of this is a good story for that,and buttonnose82 will have to see about getting plain truth off amazon after i have finished the others i have nearly finished my sisters keeper,then got change of heart and picture perfect then will be hunting for more on there,lol,and yeah i know what you mean every rose i did the same compared different things he does to my boys especially my eldest,but we have a niece who has aspergus(sister in law's daughter), and it really helped me to understand her better,also agree with you about the ending it was a bit frustrating :) xx

I enjoyed House Rules. I think my favorite Jodi Picoult book is Nineteen Minutes.

haven't read 19 minutes yet,will have to have a look for that one i have just finished my sisters keeper,had me crying at the end brilliant story,don't know if i was worse with me having a sister and we are close,probably just i am a soppy cow,lol:blush:

I'm reading Sing You Home. It's her newest and it's SO GOOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->