Kash Robert Patrick has arrived <3

I think we all need to go out and kick back once a week, but its something we should do as a couple. Its important to have a relationship with your partener and not only a parenting one. Why dont you suggest to him that one night a week you get a babysitter and both of you go out and have fun??

There is honestly nothing to do in this small town....so the only thing would be us going to the bar, and he is an asshole to me when he drinks. For occassions, I will go out, but I don't like to just go out and sit at the bar all night and drink. It's a small town, so it's not like big city bars or anything like that with dancing and that kind of stuff.......

Well, he has an addiction problem. He had the gambling addiction, but he isn't doing that anymore.......so he is addicted to smoking, playing video games, and drinking.......it's like he has to replace one thing with the other.

We just bought a new vehicle the other day, and I told him the only way I was going to do it was if he quit smoking.....he spends at least $100 a week on smokes, and our vehicle payment has now increased over $200 a month....so he needs to give up the smoking.

He has been making comments that he needs to change and start being an adult, so I really hope he does.......otherwise, this is never going to work. I thought being with an older guy would mean more maturity, but I am way more mature then he is. It drives me crazy.

Anyway, we leave Thursday for 2.5 weeks. Gord's surgery is on Friday in Grande Prairie, so we are heading there Thursday and then on Saturday we will head to Cold Lake to my parents' place. Then we will stay there for thanksgiving, and so on the 10th, we will go to Red Deer. We are going to stop in Edmonton on the way and go to West Ed Mall for a bit first (yah!!)....then I have my surgery on the 14th, and then we are going to come back home on the 17th.

I was talking to the housing contractor yesterday while he was here, and the next round of houses are going to be done this week.......so hopefully I get a call while I am gone that I am going to be offered a house....I'm scared that because I am gone, I am going to be bumped on the list, and someone else is going to be offered the house we want, and then we will get one when we get back kind of thing.....I will be so mad if that happens, as there is a certain house we want...if one of the first 3 people pick that one, then nothing we can do about it....but people below us shouldn't be offered a house until we have ours first. Soooooooooooo, I am guessing that we are coming home to having to pack as well and move. Should be fun, not!

Today is day one of trying to get Kash on a schedule......I really don't think this is going to work. I think he will still be up until whenever he wants to be.....

Hope the time away helps you guys come closer. Sometimes you just need to get away and recharge!

Good luck with the routine, i really need to get Hero on one...Last night she was up from 3 am to 6am. Im a walking zombie and dont know how ill get throughh this working day. I bought a book that was recommended by a friend to get your baby to sleep through, it involves alot of cio which im not too fond of but im at my wits end...

One final thought about Gords addictive personality. Im also a woman of many vices, i smoke too much and occasionally drink too much as well. Let me tell you that no matter how many times my family tries to get me to quit smoking it never works. You have to want it yourself to do something about it. Not just cause its the right thing to do if you know what i mean....Unless Gord really wants to change no matter how many times you threaten him its not gonna happen.

I completely understand that. I've told him many times he has to do it for himself, but even the doctors keep telling him he needs to quit smoking. He is pretty unhealthy, and the surgeon that is going to be doing his surgery on Friday had made it clear to him that if he wants to see his son graduate, then he needs to stop smoking now and start getting healthy. So that's pretty sad that a 36 year old is being told if he doesn't change, he isn't going to be alive in 18 years!

We were up so much last night too. I really don't think I got any sleep at all. He was in bed just after 9:00, but then he was wide awake an hour and a half later. Luckily he only stayed awake for 45 minutes, but then it was a struggle all night long. At one point I finally put him in bed with me (Gord has been sleeping on the couch), and after a bit I moved him back to his bed. It didn't last long.....then I put him back in bed with me again, and it was tossing and turning all night and waking and everything. We got up at 8:00 this morning, and he had a nap at 10:00 for about 40 minutes only. I want him to go for a nap again now, so hopefully he does, and then awake until bedtime tonight. I think he is teething as his cheeks and chin have been getting quite rosey........I can't wait until teething is all over with...and he hasn't even had any pop through yet!!!!

No teeth here either...Her gums dont look swollen or red so i dont think shes ready to pop one yet. Last night was pretty good, she went to bed at 10pm and slept through till 06.30. Im sure i woke her up, i had a huge sneezing fit!

Hey there....sorry I haven't been on here for awhile.....

we left on the 29th, and then we just got home on the 17th. Gord had his surgery on the 30th, and well it turned out it wasn't a hernia at all. Thank goodness they only did it laprascopic and not actually cut open. We stopped back at the surgeon's office on the way home, and it sounds like it is just a nerve causing all the problems. they froze the nerve and the pain went away, and once it wore off, the pain was back! So there was talk about cutting the nerve, so we will just have to wait and see what happens.

I had my laser procedure done on the 14th as well. So not comfortable at all! As if getting a pap is comfortable to begin with, but when you are stuck with that damn speculum for even longer, it's not fun! they froze me in 4 spots, but i still felt a lot of the burning. It felt like forever! They said it took longer as well because the one area wouldn't stop bleeding. I actually went into the clinic yesterday as well because I was pretty sure I had an infection, and I do.

Kash had to be taken into emerg last friday as well as he was burning up the night before and wasn't himself at all. He was refusing to eat and everything. His throat is red, swollen and sore.....I took him in yesterday to get checked over and the swab came back as not strep throat, so they said it is just a virus doing a number on him. it's funny though that immediately the antibiotic got him back to normal! His throat is still swollen, so I gotta keep giving him tylenol or advil all the time. He finally started eating solids yesterday again though.

Other then that, the holiday was good. We bought a new bedroom set and a king sized bed!!!! We delayed delivery until november 15th, thinking we were going to be in a house by then (unfortunately they went and bumped us on the list again, so not sure when we will be moving into a house now). So looking forward to when we are sleeping in the new bed though....I really can't share a queen with gord, as he is such a hog!

When I was at my parents' place visiting, I ended up going to emerg with my friend. Her daughter ended up having a seizure, and as soon as she texted me from the hospital, I went running to be with her. Her husband had just gone to work (camp job) and so she was alone. When she told me the story of what happened, I wanted to cry for her. Madi ended up having what they call a febral (sp?) seizure. She had a low grade temperature and well it caused her to seize (which is apparently very common in kids under 5). So now anytime she has a fever, they have to watch her. How awful

Kash is teething pretty badly lately, and I just wish they would come through already!! He is freaking right now, so I better go......

I used to work at a nursery with a baby who had febrile seizures....it was very scary! Well, the prospect of it, I never actually saw one.

Glad Gord didn't have a hernia but I hope he finds some relief soon!

YAY for a king sized bed! We could go for one of those ourselves. I hope it makes your sleep much better. :)

Ouch at the freezing...at least it's over and done with. Couldn't they numb you down there with a local anesthetic or something?

Happy belated Thanksgiving to you. :) How is Kash's teething this weekend?

Thank You Allie :) I had a great thanksgiving!

Kash is still not having any teeth break through, so who knows when they are going to come. He is sleeping really well though, and so I am very happy about that. It's so hard for my body to adjust to sleep again though. I get plenty of sleep at night, but yet I still feel like crap. I keep thinking of how I only got 7 hours a night when I was working, and I am getting 9.5 hours now usually, lol! And to think in 4 more months, it is going to be even less as I will be back to work.

You know, it probably would have been a little more pleasant if a person was knocked out. I though this was going to fix my issue with the pain down there too, but it didn't.

How are you doing? I can't believe how close you are! You and Nato both should be right away. Are you nervous or anything? It's going to be worth every minute of it as soon as you hold that little guy in your arms. I was thinking earlier how I never thought I would enjoy being a mom this much, but I absolutely love it! There are definitely moments, but there are so many more precious moments (such as holding a sleeping baby in your arms). You are going to love it! And pregnancy looks so great on you as well...I love your bump pictures; you are so radiant :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->