Kate McCann releasing a book...

DanielleM

Reaction score
So there I am yesterday walking mindlessly through town and in WHSmith window I see a big advert for a book by Kate McCann simply called 'Madeleine'.

I am not too sure what to think of this, especially as the case is still unsolved and I just really am not sure as to why the McCann's have decided to do this, whether it be to produce revenue for the Find Madeline fund, or to increse publicity and remind people that she is still missing (althought I think just about everybody in the country knows).

What are your thoughts on this?

I saw that advertised in WHSmiths window this week and said to my friend how weird the whole situation is.... WHO would leave 3 babies in a hotel room whilst they were out having dinner!

I find it all very bizzarre!

back to your question... I hope it is for the 'find Madeline' campaign. I don't think they could do it for financial gain as the backlash would be HUGE!

I hope they find out what happened to that poor little girl one day.

xx

I hate them, they fill me with rage. I remember watching an interview with her the same week madeline disappeared and she said she was "over the guilt" of leaving them now. Really? I'd be carrying that monkey for the rest of my days, that's when my decision was made... I understand people make mistakes, but come on at least own them.

I won't be buying it.

I think it is such a shame that the girl went missing. I also beleive that it is highly unlikely that she will be found, and that she is most probably dead.
I understand though, that the parents need closure.

HOWEVER - who leaves their children alone all night in an unlocked apartment? I really think they should have been prosecuted for this - but they are white middle class with 'respectable' jobs so obviously they were OK to do this!! (yet a working class mother who left her baby in the care of her 14 year old sibling was prosecuted for neglect, because you have to be 16 or over to look after a minor!!)

I will not be buying the book either I don't think. However I did read the book Goodbye, Dearest Holly by Kevin Wells which is a totally different situation I know and it was heartbreaking to read, I genuinely think Kevin Wells just wanted to in some kind of way write down his feelings, I don't know what I am trying to say but the book was very endearing.

This on the other hand I have to say I agree when you say they left a 3year old and 2 year old twins in a rooms on their own which IMO is totally wrong. I also believe if they were not doctors and were I don't know people who worked ordinary jobs, that the authorities and social services would have looked a lot deeper into the family, but back to the book situation, it just seems very odd and does not sit well with me!!

I think it is such a shame that the girl went missing. I also beleive that it is highly unlikely that she will be found, and that she is most probably dead.

HOWEVER - who leaves their children alone all night in an unlocked apartment? I really think they should have been prosecuted for this - but they are white middle class with 'respectable' jobs so obviously they were OK to do this!! (yet a working class mother who left her baby in the care of her 14 year old sibling was prosecuted for neglect, because you have to be 16 or over to look after a minor!!)

High 5. Completely agree.

I think that shes released the book in order to raise funds for find madeline. I dont know how to feel about it all, i would never leave alfie alone at home let alone in a foreighn country but my heart still goes out to her, she must feel tremendous guilt every day (and rightly so she had the option of staying with them or taking them with her to the resteraunt) but she chose to leave them. You never know she may still be alive yes its highly unlikely but look at jaycee ledugaurd )sp) who emerged after something like 10-20 years of being held prisoner by that couple.
<3

High 5. Completely agree.

Yep, I agree!
I think (hope) one day when the twins are older they'll get their comeuppance - surely the twins would ask, why they thought it was ok to leave them all alone & go out for dinner? In a foreign country??

About the book.... just another way for the mother to try to make herself feel better about this appaulling situation, she must realise that most people hold her & her husband accountable (i.e. shouldn't have left them alone), she's just trying to get the sympathy vote. Horrible woman!

The only sympathy I have is for the poor little girl & siblings. I have absolutely no respect for the parents, what THEY DID is unacceptable and they should have been held accountable for it! :growlmad:

Wow it seems everybody feels the same as me about the situation, I didn't want to put anything too out there at the start of the thread incase I got a backlash but defo agree with what you have said about the situation. I really don't want to buy the book but I have to say I am very curious but as the saying goes.....

Wow it seems everybody feels the same as me about the situation, I didn't want to put anything too out there at the start of the thread incase I got a backlash but defo agree with what you have said about the situation. I really don't want to buy the book but I have to say I am very curious but as the saying goes.....

get it from the library.
That way you are not putting money into her coffers.

They seem to be intelligent people, but what they did was the dumbest thing EVER.
Who would leave there child alone in a hotel room, in a foreign country FFS?

Id never get over that, never ever, id be riddled with guilt and i wouldnt have the emotional energy to do all the publicity that have...Its all very suspicious!

I wont be buying it!

get it from the library.
That way you are not putting money into her coffers.

I might just do that but with how long it takes for books to come into the library I might just get to read it in 2015 lol!! x

I think we can safely say that none of us BnB ladies would leave our children unattended in a foreign country, infact scrap that in any country including our own, judging by how threads here can get heated just shows how we all feel so strongly for our children it would just not happen!! BnB ladies live for their kids :haha: I think that should be our baby club moto!!

Sorry to pop in your thread, still awaiting babba (16days and counting) in third tri...! I'm from Leicester, 5 mins from the village of Rothley where Madelines family is from. My thoughts on the subject when it first happened was the same as everyone elses. How the he'll can you leave 3 kids in a hotel room when your out eating dinner. It was quite bizarre as you assume it would be a chav family no common sense, not a GP and a heart consultant who obviously have brains. The book is to raise funds for the campain, which at the end of the day has always got to keep going. What mum could ever stop looking for a lost/stolen child? I've never met the mcanns but I've seen them. She has the most haunted look on her face it's untrue, he has been to the local pub to watch a rugby game where alot of people have said 'how can he dot there watching this and enjoying himself while his girls missing?' I supose that's their lives from now on.. They will be judged till they die, and also what will the twins think when they're old enough to know they were left in a room whole they were out?! Idont condone what the mcanns did but I'm pretty sure they know they did the wrong thing ..as did all the other couples that night who got away Scott free! They're paying for that decision forever, but I font think they deserve this outcome like people have said. I just hope they get some closure one way or another...

I don't think that they need to bring out a book, we all know what happened to that poor little girl. But I hope that they have done it to get more money for her fund.

I don't know how they get through the day after what they did. Leaving those poor children alone. It is their fault that she went missing.

Sorry to pop in your thread, still awaiting babba (16days and counting) in third tri...! I'm from Leicester, 5 mins from the village of Rothley where Madelines family is from. My thoughts on the subject when it first happened was the same as everyone elses. How the he'll can you leave 3 kids in a hotel room when your out eating dinner. It was quite bizarre as you assume it would be a chav family no common sense, not a GP and a heart consultant who obviously have brains. The book is to raise funds for the campain, which at the end of the day has always got to keep going. What mum could ever stop looking for a lost/stolen child? I've never met the mcanns but I've seen them. She has the most haunted look on her face it's untrue, he has been to the local pub to watch a rugby game where alot of people have said 'how can he dot there watching this and enjoying himself while his girls missing?' I supose that's their lives from now on.. They will be judged till they die, and also what will the twins think when they're old enough to know they were left in a room whole they were out?! Idont condone what the mcanns did but I'm pretty sure they know they did the wrong thing ..as did all the other couples that night who got away Scott free! They're paying for that decision forever, but I font think they deserve this outcome like people have said. I just hope they get some closure one way or another...

Oh I hope the LO comes along soon for you!! :hugs: I suppose in a way they have to bring a bit of normality back into their lives, it will never be normal for them again but they have to have some form of life for their other kids.

We all make mistakes in our lives and they made a massive one and are living with the consequenses for the rest of their lives.

I just hope there is some form of closure in this story, even if it means putting this little girl to rest, it must be hell living in limbo.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ne...nniversary-of-disappearance-of-Madeleine.html

Here is a link explaining about the release of the book, some quite interesting things in the article!!

Oh wow.. ouch. Some seething remarks here. I am very sure that they punish themselves each and every day for what happened. There is an interview in today Mail explaining why she has released the book.
I worked for a time abroad with a private villa company... I quite often would turn up to villas and apartments and find kids left alone while the parents had nipped to the pool,cafe,shop etc.. and some of those villas were quite remote too. It stopped shocking me after a while and I would just call the parents to advise them that they should return to the property as I was not employed to be a babysitter but felt obliged to hang around till they returned.
People on holiday tend to 'feel' safe. Their mindset is in 'holiday mode'.
The story of this little girl haunts me and I feel an overwhelming sadness about her disappearence but I ALWAYS remember how much worse her parents must feel.
I will buy the book as I feel that I would like to contribute to the cause ... I know if it was my child I would write books till the cows came home if I thought it would help.
We all make mistakes... and I am sure they do not need reminding just how awful theirs was :nope:

Doesn't sit right with me at all. I just hope, like everyone does, that she is ok and best case scenario is she is with people who are looking after her. Its awful to think of the worst case scenarios.

i've always found it odd the way they went jogging on the beach in the days following her disappearence? How the hell could you leave the twins in anyone elses care at a time like that. Surely you would either be literally holding onto them or scouring the streets yourself.

Not sure if i could read the book - since having lo i struggle to read or watch anything upsetting !

I don't know about buy the book as I think it would fill me with more questions than give answers I suppose I echo everyone else's thoughts when I ask WHY?? We go on holiday next week and we're preparing nights in playing cards as LO could be tired and asleep, or taking her in the puschair and letting her sleep if we decide on a meal out.

Never ever would I leave her in the apartment, i don't even like to leave her in the lounge while i get the washing in! I know people say people make mistakes, but why would the thought even cross you're mind to leave you're child unattended?

I'd love for her to find them safe and well, but I also think they haven't been prosecuted as the loss of their child and never knowing maybe thought as punishment enough. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->