Kate McCann releasing a book...

I was just about to say how can leaving children in a room unsupervised and alone when anything could happen be a mistake??? - what if one of htem woke up and had a serious accident? No one would have been around to help that child and then the parents would have had the police on their backs for child neglect or possibly worse charges.

Leaving these kids alone is not a MISTAKE but it's selfish and irresponsible!

I dont agree with alot of the comments that they made a mistake either. They made a concious decision that evening to leave there children alone, if they could do it in another country then i dont doubt it wasnt the first time either. Regardless of whether they had any involvement or not, there are serious irregularities in statements and accounts of the evening between them and and there friends and it is widely known that they have been very unhelpful with regards to police. I do believe they havent been prosecuted because they are paying the unltimate price but i do think that if Madeline is ever found, people will be up in arms if they are then not prosecuted and i think this is what would happen, if she is found the mccans will then be prosecuted. Readig that 50 fact thing shocked me even more, one comment by gerry mccan stood out and that was

Asked to comment on his reaction at learning that Madeleine had been abducted, Dr Gerald McCann said: ‘It was like being told you were overdrawn on your student loan”.

Im sorry but anyone so can think that is even a remotely normal comment to make by a man who has just had his child kidnapped is crazy. So no i wont be buying the book, for many reasons, but mainly because i feel the money isnt being spent on finding tha tlittle girl but to fund marketing and there legal fees etc which i jst think is disgusting and also, as stated int hat 50 facts too, Kate mccan has not physically spent 1 single day searching for her child, so why should everyone be paying for others to do so if she wont, if it were me i would never stop searching till i knew what had happened to my child

Kx

I dont agree with alot of the comments that they made a mistake either. They made a concious decision that evening to leave there children alone, if they could do it in another country then i dont doubt it wasnt the first time either. Regardless of whether they had any involvement or not, there are serious irregularities in statements and accounts of the evening between them and and there friends and it is widely known that they have been very unhelpful with regards to police. I do believe they havent been prosecuted because they are paying the unltimate price but i do think that if Madeline is ever found, people will be up in arms if they are then not prosecuted and i think this is what would happen, if she is found the mccans will then be prosecuted. Readig that 50 fact thing shocked me even more, one comment by gerry mccan stood out and that was

Asked to comment on his reaction at learning that Madeleine had been abducted, Dr Gerald McCann said: ‘It was like being told you were overdrawn on your student loan”.

Im sorry but anyone so can think that is even a remotely normal comment to make by a man who has just had his child kidnapped is crazy.

Kx

Do you not think maybe from that comment was more shock then anything else, and it hadn't sunk in properly

i won't be buying it, imho if you go on holiday and take your children you shouldnt be leaving them to go out and enjoy yourself. you brought them into this world they didnt ask to be born. i think its extremely selfish.

also a pp said about a quote from the dad, i agree thats a disgusting comment to make, but then again, he always seemed far to calm during it all for my liking:shrug:

Im sorry but anyone so can think that is even a remotely normal comment to make by a man who has just had his child kidnapped is crazy.

Kx

Do you not think maybe from that comment was more shock then anything else, and it hadn't sunk in properly

no i really dont, even in shock there is no way you could compare the two, never in a million years!

I personally find the McCann's very iffy people and there's just something about her disappearance and them that in my opinion don't add up.

yes, this!!!
my family think im crazy but i've always thought the same as this!

The only person who has truely paid the price for this neglect is Madeleine. She is the person you should have sympathy for.

Would you feel the same sympathy for a parent living on a rough estate that owned a known dangerous dog, if that dog attacked their child w2hilst they went outside for a fag? Would you still class that as a mistake and feel sorry for the parents?

I was just about to say how can leaving children in a room unsupervised and alone when anything could happen be a mistake??? - what if one of htem woke up and had a serious accident? No one would have been around to help that child and then the parents would have had the police on their backs for child neglect or possibly worse charges.

My personal opinion, from all the information available, is something along those lines is actually what happened to that little girl. I dont believe they deliberately hurt her, but i think that htey left those children and that little girl had an accident and they panicked and tried to cover it up. Shoot me down if you want, and i do hope i am wrong, becasue like every other person on here i would love for them to find that little girl well but i just think there whas too much that didnt fit. Kx

Im sorry but you cannot judge people you don't no. Yes of course I feel sorry for madeline aswell, that poor little girl off course. But I do feel for the family, and as for the dog comment you can't compare this really

Kx

no i really dont, even in shock there is no way you could compare the two, never in a million years!

:thumbup: Totally agree!!! An overdraft and a missing child WTF!!!

I have nothing but sympathy and compassion for the Mcanns and I pray they find peace. I don't feel the need to judge them personally as we are all human and to err is human. That said, child protection legislation is there for a reason and they should be subjected to the full force of it, otherwise it (the law) loses its credibility and legitimacy. Discrimination is still a huge factor to be overcome. X

I wont be buying the book because I wont be able to read it. It would kill me and I would be in tears. I dont even want to imagine, I know they did a terrible thing and conspiricys are about everything. I dont know what happened/speculating probably wont help either, I just hope Madeleine is ok whatever happened to her :(

I wont read it, it will haunt me with tears.

My personal opinion, from all the information available, is something along those lines is actually what happened to that little girl. I dont believe they deliberately hurt her, but i think that htey left those children and that little girl had an accident and they panicked and tried to cover it up. Shoot me down if you want, and i do hope i am wrong, becasue like every other person on here i would love for them to find that little girl well but i just think there whas too much that didnt fit. Kx

That is what I have always believed.

Nah I know a lot of people who think this! On some level I think this as well! It wouldn't surprise me - and if you do believe this then it would make sense that they covered it up as they knew the charges would be so harsh and it would be even more in the media about how they consciously made a decision to leave their children and neglect them.

And like someone else said it's Madeline you have to feel sorry for! She was born to two selfish irresponsible parents who cared more about going on holiday and having fun as adults than as parents.

For those of you that say her parents are now suffering & must feel awful guilt, blah, blah blah....

Well so they dam well should!!

A mistake is turning your back for a second & your child rolling off the bed or the sofa, you turning your back for a second and your child reaching for your hot cup of tea.

A mistake is not planning and following through with leaving 3 VERY SMALL children alone whilst you and your mates go out for a meal.

They deserve to feel guilty, they deserve to walk around looking haunted. Some would have have gone to prison for this, they didn't. So to feel guilt for the rest of their lives..... well yeah they should! This situation was 110% avoidable, it was planned. A mistake isn't planned! If something happens to one of my children due to my neglect I too will carry that pain & guilt until the day I die also & so I should. And I would not expect or want anyone elses sympathy or money.

Sorry, not attacking anyone on here, but I do feel very strongly about how unjust this situation is.

That poor, poor little girl.

^^^^ yep yep yep!!!

I cant think of a worse punishment to hand down than losing a child. No matter whether they left her and the other children in a room or not, they lost a child because of it. They will punish themselves every single day over it, I believe thats enough.

I have SIL wedding to go to in August and a friend said she took her baby monitor with her and left her son in the bedroom in his travel cot. Its something I would NEVER do and I told her this but people just dont see the danger until its happened. Im a cautious person, everything I do I see the danger before it happens if it ever did happen.
Not everyone is like that.

They have had enough punishment from the media, the public and themselves.

Im sorry but you cannot judge people you don't no. Yes of course I feel sorry for madeline aswell, that poor little girl off course. But I do feel for the family, and as for the dog comment you can't compare this really

Why can't you compare? In both situations the parents are knowingly putting their children at risk.

And yes I can and will judge people that neglect their children.

do people who've said it genuinely believe she's releasing this book for her own financial gain? i highly doubt it, the backlash would be huge.

do people who've said it genuinely believe she's releasing this book for her own financial gain? i highly doubt it, the backlash would be huge.

I dont think that its for her own financial gain. I think its for more money to help fund the private detectives.

I think thats what happened :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"