Kate McCann releasing a book...

Im still unsure of this whole situation - I still cant help but think they played a further role in her disappearance than just leaving her.... ;o(

Things just dont add up - And has said before you cant/dont just leave your baby in your own house if you fancy popping out, so why do it abroad.....
I dont leave my 13 yr old alone if i go out let alone nippers!!

Horrid situation!! I wont be buying/loaning her book!

I think it's COMPLETELY tasteless. Seems they are just trying to make money from this awful situation... and I'm not done with believing they played a part in it x

Oh wow.. ouch. Some seething remarks here. I am very sure that they punish themselves each and every day for what happened. There is an interview in today Mail explaining why she has released the book.
I worked for a time abroad with a private villa company... I quite often would turn up to villas and apartments and find kids left alone while the parents had nipped to the pool,cafe,shop etc.. and some of those villas were quite remote too. It stopped shocking me after a while and I would just call the parents to advise them that they should return to the property as I was not employed to be a babysitter but felt obliged to hang around till they returned.
People on holiday tend to 'feel' safe. Their mindset is in 'holiday mode'.
The story of this little girl haunts me and I feel an overwhelming sadness about her disappearence but I ALWAYS remember how much worse her parents must feel.
I will buy the book as I feel that I would like to contribute to the cause ... I know if it was my child I would write books till the cows came home if I thought it would help.
We all make mistakes... and I am sure they do not need reminding just how awful theirs was :nope:

I kinda agree with these sentiments TBH. Yes they did something very silly, something that most parents would never do. But by god they've paid the ultimate price for this mistake. Their daughter is missing and they may never know what happened, I for one can not imagine the daily torture they face and neither can anyone else.

No amount of 'i told you so' type comments will bring this girl back or change the situation.

I for one feel incredibly sad for the McCanns. That doesn't mean I don't think what they did was a big deal; of course it was but it's sad nonetheless :cry:

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist...

But I am convinced that this story is nothing like it seems.

Poor child.

ETA I have removed the link to the website as it appears to have been hijacked by a third party and has a virus. Apologies if you opened the link.

Oh and also if this was any of us we would obviously do whatever we could to keep the search going. I can't imagine a time when they could ever allow themselves to stop looking. IF that means writing a book to fund their search then what's the deal? No one needs to buy it do they? As long as there's no financial gain then fair enough, if there is then it's a different story alltogether xx

I'm still not done believing they played a part in it tbh - they found her blood in their car and then it just wasn't followed up :wacko:
If they didn't, then I feel sorry for them - but why leave your children in a room alone on holiday for so long? So much of it just doesn't add up, and this book is just leaving me slightly uneasy...

Oh wow.. ouch. Some seething remarks here. I am very sure that they punish themselves each and every day for what happened. There is an interview in today Mail explaining why she has released the book.
I worked for a time abroad with a private villa company... I quite often would turn up to villas and apartments and find kids left alone while the parents had nipped to the pool,cafe,shop etc.. and some of those villas were quite remote too. It stopped shocking me after a while and I would just call the parents to advise them that they should return to the property as I was not employed to be a babysitter but felt obliged to hang around till they returned.
People on holiday tend to 'feel' safe. Their mindset is in 'holiday mode'.
The story of this little girl haunts me and I feel an overwhelming sadness about her disappearence but I ALWAYS remember how much worse her parents must feel.
I will buy the book as I feel that I would like to contribute to the cause ... I know if it was my child I would write books till the cows came home if I thought it would help.
We all make mistakes... and I am sure they do not need reminding just how awful theirs was :nope:

I kinda agree with these sentiments TBH. Yes they did something very silly, something that most parents would never do. But by god they've paid the ultimate price for this mistake. Their daughter is missing and they may never know what happened, I for one can not imagine the daily torture they face and neither can anyone else.

No amount of 'i told you so' type comments will bring this girl back or change the situation.

I for one feel incredibly sad for the McCanns. That doesn't mean I don't think what they did was a big deal; of course it was but it's sad nonetheless :cry:

but why should they escape prosecution for leaving 3 VERY young children on their own, yet this woman (link below) recieved a police caution, suspention from her job and is not allowed to work with children for 10 years - yet IMHO, leaving a 3 year old with a 14 year old sibling for 30 mins is MUCH safer than leaving 3 toddlers alone for a few hours.
https://www.express.co.uk/posts/vie...leaving-son-14-to-mind-three-year-old-brother

Im not sure how much of a book you can fill with "we left our children on their own room in a foreign country and then one of them was taken". Im interested to read it to see how she can justify what she did.

I will be buying this book, I think it is to get her points and views across as a mother and also to try and refresh peoples minds to help find this missing child. I totally agree she shouldn't have left them on there own but she did and she can't change that. My cousin was good friends with madeline cousin and she use to tell me how heartbroken the family was and they would never get over it. Don't you think they feel bad enough as it is and they have learnt for starters they have 1less daughter becuase of a silly mistake and decision, I just think some slack should be cut, at the end of the day thery may never see there daughter again I think thats enough consequences for them and there family

I won't be buying their book - to me it just seems like they are trying to gain some financial profit out of this horrible horrible situation! I understand they want to keep up the interest in her disapperance so there's a 'greater' chance of finding her and to me the only reason Madeline's case is so high profile is because of the circumstances surrounding the case.

And like you've pretty much all said - who would leave their 3 children ALONE in an apartment! I would NEVER leave Stephen on his own! Let alone leave him on his own asleep to go out for dinner and drinks! It's not just an abduction that would be the issue here but what happens if one of them woke up and got into a serious accident in the flat etc!?

I personally find the McCann's very iffy people and there's just something about her disappearance and them that in my opinion don't add up.

that 50 facts thing is bizarre reading. I personally dont think the parents have suffered enough, still shocked they left their children on their own and have not been done for child neglect/irresponsible parenting. there was a thread in GS about a girl left on her own whilst her mother went out to the shops for half an hour and that had a strong reaction with people telling the OP to report her to SS. the Mccans should have been reported without question. they have paid the ultimate price for their bad parenting and i hope they feel that burden for the rest of their lives, the book is to raise funds to keep looking for thier daughter, but i think is also their way of trying to justify what they did, so they feel less guilt. i wont be reading it.
wherever Madeleine is, i hope she is safe and happy, poor girl :cry:

I think she is doing it to raise funds to keep the search going and she also wants people to know the story from start to finish.

I think she has learnt her lesson and I highly doubt she will make that mistake again. Although she was stupid for doing it, her and her husband and the friends that left their children there, there is nothing worse than losing a child so I do have to have some sympathy.

I will buy the book, I want to read the story in her words because all the tv interviews never managed to get it all in in just half an hour or an hour that they broadcast for.

She made a huge mistake, they all did and they are all paying the price.

I agree that they have paid the price, it just makes me angry that it seems because they're middle class & quite well off a lot of people have let them off (including the police). If it was some poor family who lived on a council estate they wouldn't have had the same reaction IMO.

xx

The Madeleine Fund that they set up in order to search for her has so far mostly been used to pay their legal fees. They hired Carter Ruck (very prestigious and expensive London legal firm) to represent them in various libel settlements.

I agree that they have paid the price, it just makes me angry that it seems because they're middle class & quite well off a lot of people have let them off (including the police). If it was some poor family who lived on a council estate they wouldn't have had the same reaction IMO.
xx

Completely agree.

I think she is doing it to raise funds to keep the search going and she also wants people to know the story from start to finish.

I think she has learnt her lesson and I highly doubt she will make that mistake again. Although she was stupid for doing it, her and her husband and the friends that left their children there, there is nothing worse than losing a child so I do have to have some sympathy.

I will buy the book, I want to read the story in her words because all the tv interviews never managed to get it all in in just half an hour or an hour that they broadcast for.

She made a huge mistake, they all did and they are all paying the price.

She cant keep affording private detectives to find or shall I say to try and find madeline so she is using the funds from the book to do this, whats so wrong with this. I completely agree with this

For those of you that say her parents are now suffering & must feel awful guilt, blah, blah blah....

Well so they dam well should!!

A mistake is turning your back for a second & your child rolling off the bed or the sofa, you turning your back for a second and your child reaching for your hot cup of tea.

A mistake is not planning and following through with leaving 3 VERY SMALL children alone whilst you and your mates go out for a meal.

They deserve to feel guilty, they deserve to walk around looking haunted. Some would have have gone to prison for this, they didn't. So to feel guilt for the rest of their lives..... well yeah they should! This situation was 110% avoidable, it was planned. A mistake isn't planned! If something happens to one of my children due to my neglect I too will carry that pain & guilt until the day I die also & so I should. And I would not expect or want anyone elses sympathy or money.

Sorry, not attacking anyone on here, but I do feel very strongly about how unjust this situation is.

That poor, poor little girl.

Any parent who looses a child deserves anyones sympathy but no not this family, they made a bad decision a wrong decision and they have to live with this for the rest of there life and don't you think they know this, my heart goes out to anyone who looses a child in any manner, unfortunally they didn't realise this would happen and they are going to spend the rest of there life regretting this mistake and never forget it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->