Kate McCann releasing a book...

The fact that Kate washed cuddle cat, that one precious thing with her daughters scent mystifies me.
Never ever could I wash away my daughters scent if she were gone. Never.

I wouldn't even leave my dd in "kids club" when we were on holiday recently never mind In a room while I had dinner, she would have a late nap and we would all go out to eat together it's a sacrifice you make when you have kids �� so sad

I took JJ to Greece in July and he was EXACTLY the same age Madeleine was when all this happened...there wasn't a kid's club at our hotel but had there been then no way would I have used it. It was a family holiday for him and me and I loved spending all day in the pool with him and having him come out at night with me, my sister and nephew in the evening for dinner where he was always made welcome. I'd sometimes have a cocktail then back to the hotel with him where I might have one beer while he'd play in the playground with the other kids there but right in my view. The hotel and resort were picked to suit him and his needs (all I needed was sun lol). Yeah I was generally in the room by 10-11pm at the latest but it was JJ's holiday not just mine.
We had a ball and I came home with the same number of children I brought with me...now I'm not a highly educated heart surgeon and could manage that so why couldn't they?

Apparently the fridge in their rental place broke so Gerry dumped it and brought a new one. Who does that???!!!

The same people who wash the curtains of the room...

The fact that Kate washed cuddle cat, that one precious thing with her daughters scent mystifies me.
Never ever could I wash away my daughters scent if she were gone. Never.

Neither would I not ever and I'd be gutted when the smell went away naturally in time to come. Mind you they were hardly sentimental about her things - they ripped the cover off her sticker book to write their version of the timeline.

Abby's special toy is frequently washed and never smells of her. Maybe one of the twins was sick on it and that was why it was washed? Any number of reasons could mean it had to be washed.

As for the fridge, you are in a rental property in a hot country and the fridge breaks. The landlord is refusing to fix it or taking a long time to do anything about it, you've enough cash, you go out and buy one. Bloody sure I would. For all we know the landlord said to him "you go buy one and we'll forget your rent this month"

With the cadaver dogs, I'm not sure why them pointing out the evidence is flawed means they were dismissing anything, I think the point of dismissing it was so that people keep looking for their daughter. They've said on several occasions that they want people to keep looking for her and if people think she is dead they won't do that. I'd be more likely to take the view that as doctors they are scientific people. So on the evidence being presented to them they would first of all look at the quality of the evidence and then work out whether it is worth following up. And the fact is that all across the world, Cadaver dog evidence is not considered, by itself, to be reliable. It is used to give detectives an indication for further investigation. With the amount of supposed DNA evidence of blood and death that was all over the place, the clean up operation would take quite a while and the timelines already made public make it quite unlikely they killed her. Don't forget cadaver dogs apparently indicated that Shannon Matthews had died in her home. Thank god people didn't stop looking or maybe she wouldn't have been found when she was.

I don't buy conspiracy theories of "friends in high places" Powerful people don't just protect two random members of the public, there has to be a quid pro quo. People talk of links with the Murdochs and how that has been a huge advantage to them, but the Murdochs are not untouchable so I'm not sure why any supposed friendship would be of benefit. Not only that, look at what the Murdoch press did to them, hacking their phones, publishing her diary, and they were really scathing about the press at the Leveson report, calling for stricter regulation and have been very outspoken about it since. Does that sound like someone Murdoch would be going above and beyond to protect?

Kate said she washed it because it had sun cream on.
I still wouldn't wash it, the toy that was in the bed when she was taken. I'd be giving it straight to the police incase there is any evidence x

I put my kids in kids club for 1hr 30 mins most days when we were on holiday. They asked to go and enjoyed it, our holiday was still about them. They always had a different activity on every session. It also gave us an hour to go to the gym/sunbathe, I must admit it was nice for us too.

We've been to hotels where the kids have asked to go to the kids club but we've refused to leave them due to lack of security, poor staff etc. Last year one hotel's kids club had no gate or fence and was right next to a swimming pool, and when we asked where to sign her in they said they don't need to be signed in. Needless to say we didn't leave her there!

I know this is o/t, but my point is I don't think them using a kids club should be used against them. It's not for everyone but I also don't think it holds any weight when discussing if they were involved or not.

I put my kids in kids club for 1hr 30 mins most days when we were on holiday. They asked to go and enjoyed it, our holiday was still about them. They always had a different activity on every session. It also gave us an hour to go to the gym/sunbathe, I must admit it was nice for us too.

We've been to hotels where the kids have asked to go to the kids club but we've refused to leave them due to lack of security, poor staff etc. Last year one hotel's kids club had no gate or fence and was right next to a swimming pool, and when we asked where to sign her in they said they don't need to be signed in. Needless to say we didn't leave her there!

I know this is o/t, but my point is I don't think them using a kids club should be used against them. It's not for everyone but I also don't think it holds any weight when discussing if they were involved or not.

I would have to agree with this. Just because someone uses the kids club on holiday doesn't make them bad parents. yes its a family holiday but that doesn't mean they have to spend every second of every day together. It's great if you want to but it shouldn't be held against people if they would like a little couple time on their holiday too.

I would have to agree with this. Just because someone uses the kids club on holiday doesn't make them bad parents. yes its a family holiday but that doesn't mean they have to spend every second of every day together. It's great if you want to but it shouldn't be held against people if they would like a little couple time on their holiday too.

I agree with this too. I remember as a child, loving going to kids club on holiday and would ask to go. My parents didnt want me to go everyday though as they wanted us to spend time together as a family. I do think it depends on the age of the children though. It still doesnt explain why they didnt use the night creche though. :shrug:

Just realised how may thoughs i used in the last post. Sorry.

It was more of a creche then a kids club.

The day maddie went missing she was signed in at 9.30, signed out at 12.30 back in at 2.30 and out again at 5.30. Bed at 7.00

It was more of a creche then a kids club.

The day maddie went missing she was signed in at 9.30, signed out at 12.30 back in at 2.30 and out again at 5.30. Bed at 7.00

Yeah thats a bit much imo. I know its nice for adults to have a break but that seems more like giving the creche workers a break.

I think kids clubs have their place. My sister is a single mum and used to send her son to kids clubs for a couple of hours for a few days. It was as much about recharging her batteries as it was finding playmates for him on his holiday. She found he would make a couple of friends then they could all have fun in the pool and as a bonus she would then meet their parents and they'd go for dinner together and stuff.

But the concept of an all day every day club for children, especially if parents spend all day every normal day working, seems very odd to me. Surely the whole point of a holiday is to spend some more time with your children.

Yeah I didn't realise it was that much either. Did they use it that much every day?

My little brother is 12 and my mum said the last holiday she went on she hardly saw him, but he's a lot older and met lots of friends. He spent a lot of time in the kids club through choice.

Leaving them alone in the room is most definitely bad judgement to say the least, and after they'd been in the crèche for so long during the day too. Does make you wonder why they didn't take their nanny or leave the kids at home in that case.

I still don't believe they are involved in a cover up but they should be held accountable for that. They just seem so reluctant to admit wrongdoing. Like someone else said they could use it to warn other parents of the dangers.

What does everyone think about the children found living in Roma Gypsy camps that they believe were abducted? Didn't one man write a letter to his son or something before he died which said he knew what happened to her and that she was taken by Roma Gypsies? I might be remembering it wrong but I'm sure there was something in the news a couple of years back. Makes you wonder.

yeah the Roma thing is strange. But I would also say as a child I was fair and blonde and blue eyed and my parents were both dark so I'm very wary that people might be wrongly accused. I can see the thing snowballing now there has been one high profile case.

The thing I read said because they were suspicious they did do a DNA test to check and it was confirmed the girl wasn't related to them.

that is the case in the Greek one. But there has now been a similar case in Dublin where the child has been removed pending a DNA test, and another where a child was removed but returned a few hours later when proof was given. I was just saying going on the looks alone is a dangerous thing and I can see over zealous do gooders jumping to the wrong conclusion.

definitely. removing the child first and asking questions later is definitely the wrong thing. They wouldn't get away with doing it to people who weren't gypsies so they shouldn't be doing it to them either.

I thought that earlier reading about the girl in Dublin, the only thing they're going on is that she's fairer than the rest of her siblings. Apparently the head teacher rang the parents to say that she was in school and doing ok but that she was sad. Imagine if it comes back she is theirs, how awful for her if that's the case.

Me and DH have brown hair and eyes, my daughters hair is bright blonde and her eyes are bright blue. People have even asked if I had an affair with the milkman (as a joke of course) because she looks so different. Its a scary thing to think about using that alone as a reason to remove a child from your care!

They asked for proof of the child for the Dublin girl and apparently they weren't fully convinced by the ID that they did give? (Before they removed her). I'm different from my family, they're all fair and I'm dark! Definitely still my family though :haha: xxx

The hospital that she was born seemingly didnt have records of her being born there. I dont think they have done this just on looks alone tbh.

Wow..they have found out it is their child after all!!!! DNA tests have proven it!! OMG how shocking!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24645947

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->