Kate McCann releasing a book...

OTE=LuckyYem;30190921]Its a horrific situation all round but as I said in a previous post it wasn't just a simple case of her not looking like her parents they were asked to provide proof that she was their child which they (apparently) couldn't. Dd2 looks nothing like dh (dd1 doesn't either but nowhere near as bad as dd2) she is blond haired, blue eyed and has fair skin. She actually looks like my brother. Dh is dark haired, brown eyed and has olive skin. Me I am dark haired, blue eyed and avarage skin. As we all know children can have different combinations from both sides of the family. I think based on the imformation they had at that time they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. I honestly don't know what the answer was in this situation. Can you imagine the public outcry if they hadn't removed the child and they upped and left especially after the information of what checks they had tried were made public. I'm not for one second implying they were right or wrong but I know I would not have wanted to make the decision either way.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't prove my children are mine right now either, but it is unlikely I would be asked given my background is different.

I said before but there was a middle ground, keep them together but supervised. It didn't have to be either take her or leave her and they go.

Oh I agree, maybe my post wasn't worded very well it seems like a decision was made on the information they had to hand and with the other case in Greece they made a judgment call, which in this case was wrong.

I couldn't prove my children are mine at the moment for the life of me I don't know where their birth certs are and both passports were issued when they were babies. At the moment I couldn't even prove who I am so I have no hope with the girls' :haha:

Wasn't it also down to there being no records at the hospital? X

Don't worry, I'm sure they will get compensation now.

It was 'allowed' because the child looked nothing like the parents and the rest of the siblings and given the case in Greece they had to have been seen to act. Also if it's known that roma/travellers do this then they have to check. (when i used to surf i had my car searched for drugs due to the surfboard on the top - i never have done drugs but know a lot of surfers do, so I was fine with it as i had nothing to hide).

and i don't know how those specific parents would explain it. i know how I would. and they worked with the police from the start so they obviously knew they would be vindcated by DNA.

anyway, I'm out. I think they made the right call under the circumstances.

Compensation won't make up for the trauma. It won't stop the child being terrified that she is going to be taken from mummy and daddy again. It won't make a section of society who sometimes already have issues with the authorities trust the authorities more.

I don't believe that having your child taken from you is even the same as your car being searched from drugs but since you bring that up no I don't think that's acceptable any more than I think it is okay to stop and search young black men purely because they are young black men. This sorts of things only bring prejudices and mistrust.

And it being known that Roma's/travellers do this? It isn't known THEY do this. It is known a minority have done this. We wouldn't expect the authorities to treat all men with black hair as rapists because it is known they raped someone. They didn't one man did.

The actions of the minority should not affect how the majority are treated. You don't see them taking my kids off me and they don't look like me, but that is because my background is different which makes this prejudice and discrimination. It really is as simple as that to me.

Thank you. I heard on the news recently that 60% of young white people in the UK have an active dislike and distrust of and for Muslims. Things like that just break my heart. And stereotyping in this way is exactly what the problem is.

Oh, so because I said "IF they are known for it" (lets face it, its happened because of the situation in Greece" I now dislike and discriminate against muslims. Thanks for letting me know.

Way to twist my words. I was highlighting the unfair discrimination in both circumstances. I clearly didn't say anything about YOU being discriminatory towards Muslims.

And it isn't acceptable to discriminate based on stereotypes no matter whether you were okay with your car being searched or not.

Anyone been reading the papers. They're now looking into a peadophile ring (5 foreign suspects seen near their apartment) in one way hoping this leads to finding her but if they were responsible what kind of a life has that poor girl had :nope:

I wouldn't believe the media to be honest. There has been the Portuguese version of a gagging order put on. Therefore anything the media is saying isnt something they have got officially

This whole thing is getting more and more awful. Turns out the e-fit and 'new developments' from Crimewatch are not new at all but were compiled in a report by investigators hired by the McCanns 5 years ago and Madeleine's PARENTS buried that report and threatened the investigators with legal action if it got revealed. The report contained the sighting of the Smith family and the e-fit was compiled with their help. And they blocked it??? How fucked up is that??? IF they were genuinely innocent surely they'd want any possibility investigated by the police? WHY bury a report and THREATEN the very people that THEY hired???

IMO the reason being that the Smiths back then positively identified the man they saw as GERRY. Not only that but the e-fit strongly resembles him which from what I've read they had made up before seeing him on the tv and identifying him.

The report also brought up many inconsistencies in the statements of the friends and themselves too. Allegedly this report has now been given to the Met and where their new developments come from - if this is the case then surely it's only a matter of time before the parents will need to start answering questions. One can only hope!!

This whole thing is getting more and more awful. Turns out the e-fit and 'new developments' from Crimewatch are not new at all but were compiled in a report by investigators hired by the McCanns 5 years ago and Madeleine's PARENTS buried that report and threatened the investigators with legal action if it got revealed. The report contained the sighting of the Smith family and the e-fit was compiled with their help. And they blocked it??? How fucked up is that??? IF they were genuinely innocent surely they'd want any possibility investigated by the police? WHY bury a report and THREATEN the very people that THEY hired???

IMO the reason being that the Smiths back then positively identified the man they saw as GERRY. Not only that but the e-fit strongly resembles him which from what I've read they had made up before seeing him on the tv and identifying him.

The report also brought up many inconsistencies in the statements of the friends and themselves too. Allegedly this report has now been given to the Met and where their new developments come from - if this is the case then surely it's only a matter of time before the parents will need to start answering questions. One can only hope!!

Does this indicate that the mccans may have planned Madeleine's abduction? Sorry, I'm new to this thread.I've been agonizing about that poor little girl for years now and once picked up a copy of Kate mccans book to flip through (didn't buy) but I just can't imagine what their motive could've been to do such a thing? They were doctors who lived well, why would they sell their precious child? What do you think was in that report that they had buried?

There is no evidence that an abduction took place at all.

I don't understand why Kate immediately shouted out "they took her", when the patio door was unlocked all night. My 3 year old can open unlocked doors with ease (and he tends to shut them afterwards). I think it is more likely Maddie wandered off!

I cant seem to find any reports of people actually seeing Maddie the day she went mising. I think something happened the night before when she was crying for 2 hours and suddenly stopped when Kate got back.

Clearly shows they were lying about how many checks they were doing

I cant seem to find any reports of people actually seeing Maddie the day she went mising. I think something happened the night before when she was crying for 2 hours and suddenly stopped when Kate got back.

Clearly shows they were lying about how many checks they were doing

Wasn't she in the kids club for most of the day or was that another day? :flower:

She was seen on the morning, a friend of mine was there at the time and one of his friends was supervising the tennis courts and the photo of Madeline holding the tennis balls was taken that day x not sure about the afternoon though x

Didn't someone witness some Mediterranean-looking man carrying a small (apparently sleeping) child that night? Thats what i'd heard..

Didn't someone witness some Mediterranean-looking man carrying a small (apparently sleeping) child that night? Thats what i'd heard..

I have not heard this one --- sound interesting, though.

This lead was proved to be a false lead.

The person carrying a child was a British father holiday-maker bringing his own child back from the (responsible) night creche in her pajamas.

The man was spotted by Jane Tanner, a member of the McCanns dining party.

At some point that was Tanner's description, it looked like a local/Mediterranean man rather than a tourist. Her sighting has been confirmed as someone else now though.

Apparently now the main suspect they have died 4 years ago. Anybody else just feel like they are just clutching at straws and making it look like they are investigating it?? still not quite sure why the McCanns havent been questioned further with a lot of evidence thats stacked against them?? for starters - why the hell did you leave 3 children under the age of 4 alone with the door unlocked?? arrrggghhhhh gets me so goddam angry, no matter what, they put her in that situation.

I think everyone deep down knows they did it they just can't prove it. It wouldn't surprise me if the police have had a fat backhander to carry on investigating to make them look innocent if i'm honest.

It always baffles me why they still have the twins. If I made the rules they would of been taken off them as soon as I got the call that their child that they chose to left unattended went missing.

Why didn't the group of them just take it in turns to miss dinner and sit with all the children? Surely due to the size of the party it would mean missing one night of your holiday? Not much to sacrifice really is it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->