Keeping track of potential baby names

MellyH

Pregnant (Twins!)
Reaction score
I want somewhere to keep track of possible baby names as they pop into my head so I can remember them down the track - feel free to post yours as well!

Clementine just popped into my head on the way home and now I'm rolling it around a bit to see what it feels like. I like the name but not the first nicknames I thought of (Clem, Tiny).

Previous names that I can recall liking:
Toby (I've gone off this one)
Tristan
Elijah (Did this get too popular?)
Michael (too many Michaels already in my DH's family!)
Jack
Elliot
Rory

Bethany/Elizabeth
Eleanor
Isadora (I've gone off this one)
Beatrice (and this one)
Clara (this one my DH and I pronounce differently, which is annoying)
Aria
Darcy
Clementine
Marisol
Noelle
Matilda

Love this! I always have baby names in my head!

At the moment, my favourite girls name is Olivia. I have gone through phases of liking Lilly or Lillia too.

I don't have any boys names floating around at the moment! I loved Oliver but a family member has just called her baby boy Oliver (and he is GORGEOUS!!!) Also, George is my Dads name, and my Dads Uncles name so I love it too. However, with new baby Prince George, it is sure to be the top boys names for decades!!!

x

Good idea- my names change quite a lot, and there are a lot which I used to love, but now don't like at all.
Girls names:
Jaymee/Jamie - I used to love this name, but now I totally hate the first spelling (no offence for anyone who likes it!) and I don't really like the second spelling either, which is a good job as my boyfriend hates it big time!
Orla - I think this is a lovely name, but it is a bit Irish and we do not have any links to Ireland, plus I think she would have to have quite a girly look to suit the name, so probably not a great idea (plus my boyfriend also hates the name ...)
Sophia - I have liked this for a while, but my best friend also likes it and we had an argument when I told her it was my girls name when I was pregnant before. Apparently I stole her name, despite the fact we had never discussed it, she is single, and doesn't want kids for another 10 years. Because it was my girls name for my last pregnancy, I would feel it was a bit tainted now as I ended up miscarrying and I think that my baby which passed away deserves a name of it's own, so my boy and girl name will never be used, although I love them!
Rachel - nice and simple!
Molly - again, I think a Molly needs a certain look.
Isla - simple and short!
Rebecca - always loved this name, but now hate someone called Rebecca. Ruined it a bit!
Bethany - I like it because it is traditional.

And for boys:
Jamie (surprise surprise! As he hates it for a girl, he said I can have it for a boy)
Ryan - liked this since I was about 9-10, but my boyfriend doesn't like it as I had an ex called Ryan!
Sebastian - that one is his!
Felix - again, his.
Liam - it goes really well with both our names.
Kier - he hates it!

Yeah I think George might be right out for awhile until the royal baby boost in popularity has passed!

LL - how about Jaime? ;) Game of Thrones reference.

Oh, which reminds me - I like Aria (not so much the Game of Thrones spelling Arya though).

I have so much trouble picking names. I keep going on and off names.
Some girl names I like are
sophie
ava
eva
emma

For a boy I like
james
jamie
oliver

DH and I have narrowed it down to the following:

Boy:
Mason (DH doesn't like it)
Hudson

Girl:
Harper

Uhh yea, that's about it. :lol:

Yeah I think George might be right out for awhile until the royal baby boost in popularity has passed!

LL - how about Jaime? ;) Game of Thrones reference.

Oh, which reminds me - I like Aria (not so much the Game of Thrones spelling Arya though).

Love the Game of Thrones reference! Evidently "Khaleesi" is becoming popular :haha:

I keep a journal of baby names, and have since I was a teenager, haha! (please tell me I'm not the only crazy girl who has been dreaming up baby names since wayyyyyy before I was ever ready to have them?!)

Not to sound totally hipster, but so many of the names that I loved when I was in my teens that were different and unique have boomed in popularity, so I am less inclined to like them, haha.

I will be keeping the final names we have chosen a secret until birth, but I have a short list:

Girls:
Charlotte Amelia
Amelia Noelle (same as my middle name)
Cassidy Rachel (I am shying away from this middle name because my last name is Ross and Rachel Ross just reminds me of Friends, haha!)
Natalie Michelle

Boys:
Carter Heath (Same as DH's middle name)
Elliott James
Grayson Alexander

Awww I love looking at potential baby names.
Since we (my partner and I) are german and living here we cannot choose English/American names as I would love to.
I like names that are rare – English names would be rare here – but not over the top.
I also cant choose names that have a “TH” in it because my family wont be able to pronounce it correctly (for example: Ethan = Esen) LOL
I also can think of more girl names than boy names even though we are really hoping for a boy when its our time.
The ones I really like are:
Jeaney or Ginny*********************** Nino
Lana*************************************** Benji
Alana************************************** Colin
Luena************************************* Jaden
Kaylee************************************ Conner
Taylor************************************* Tyler
Jada
Jamie
Jamila
Ashanti (call me crazy on this one but I just really love the sound of the name)

Awww I love looking at potential baby names.
Since we (my partner and I) are german and living here we cannot choose English/American names as I would love to.
I like names that are rare – English names would be rare here – but not over the top.
I also cant choose names that have a “TH” in it because my family wont be able to pronounce it correctly (for example: Ethan = Esen) LOL
I also can think of more girl names than boy names even though we are really hoping for a boy when its our time.
The ones I really like are:
Jeaney or Ginny*********************** Nino
Lana*************************************** Benji
Alana************************************** Colin
Luena************************************* Jaden
Kaylee************************************ Conner
Taylor************************************* Tyler
Jada
Jamie
Jamila
Ashanti (call me crazy on this one but I just really love the sound of the name)

Highlighted name, Jamila, is my little cousin's name, she's 5! I think hers is spelt slightly differently but I think it's quite a sweet little name.

This is a great thread! I love thinking about names.

Not to sound totally hipster, but so many of the names that I loved when I was in my teens that were different and unique have boomed in popularity, so I am less inclined to like them, haha.

Absolutely, I'm the same. I was all Charlotte/Isabelle/Scarlett when I was a teenager and now they're way too popular! :haha:

Rachel Ross might be a bit much, I agree!

I love Elliot though. For a boy or girl.

I am still in love with Charlotte.....so we'll see :D I love Rachel as a middle name, but all I hear in my head is Friends! :haha:

I really like Atreyu for a boy it's from the movie Neverending Story.

I like Delilah for a girl.

I like Mathis for a boy.

I like Phoenix for a boy or girl.

I do have one hangup with the name Charlotte, however, besides the popularity. There is a store in the US called Charlotte Russe (pronounced Roose), and I have a fear that Charlotte Ross sounds too close to Charlotte Russe :/ Not as bad as Rachel Ross, but still an association!

If it helps, I'm also from the US, very familiar with Charlotte Russe, and wouldn't have made that connection unless you mentioned it!

Yeah that wouldn't have come to my mind either! I think you're safe with that one.

How do you pronounce Clara? Clar-uh or Clair-uh?

We're pretty set on our names but I love names anyway :)

Girls...
Victoria Juliet (I've considered other middle names but OH usually shoots them down and likes Juliet too much)
Breanna Scarlett

Boys...
Jake Nolan (middle name is still up in the air)
Ryan (can't think of a middle name. My cousin has a serious boyfriend named Ryan though, so if they get married I wonder if its a sign well have two girls and one boy. Silly huh?)

I have a hard time with boy names but have so many girl names I like! Off the top of my head:

Isabella, Sophie/Sophia, Kaitlyn, Elizabeth, Alexis...

For a boy right now i'm in love with the name Leo, for a girl i love Macie

Yeah that wouldn't have come to my mind either! I think you're safe with that one.

How do you pronounce Clara? Clar-uh or Clair-uh?

I pronounce it clair-uh, but I've known girls who pronounced it clar-uh as well!

My girls names are
Kimberly and Olivia, middle names I will chose between, Marian (my ohs late mother) Jessica lilac Mae lizzie Ann and others

Boys names are
Harry or Harrison and were stuck for another, middle names are Colin, Philip, Myles and others which I keep going on n off

I used to want a really odd name but I don't want my kids to have a life of misspellings, mispronouncing, and the other annoying parts of havin an unusual name

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->