Keeping track of potential baby names

My future girls name is Celia - it's a family name :)

If I have a girl she'll be called cordelia. We picked out that name for Ashley if he was a girl and we still like it.

If the next one is a boy we like

Fraser
Lawrence
Eric
Sebastian
Jasper
Robin
Spencer
Hector

PnkPolkaDots~ I love the Breanna name! I was toying with Brielle as well for a girl :blush:

I love everyone's potential names!

Oooooh I'm watching Something Borrowed - what about Darcy? Do people think boy or girl when they first hear it? Too old fashioned?

Oooooh I'm watching Something Borrowed - what about Darcy? Do people think boy or girl when they first hear it? Too old fashioned?

My best friend's name is Darcy :D Definitely a girly name!

MellyH Darcy for me is a girls name :) coming in late but I finally found an old list of mine, I've been keeping track of names for a long time!

Shae/y for both a boy or a girl

Joshua (but I would probably only use it as a middle name)
Sophie
Tori for a girl
Lila
Isis
Blaine
Lori
Lorelai
Izah
Julie
Juliette
Issac
Isaiah
Ezra
Elijah is on my list too, but I agree too popular now!

OH likes Stephan but I am not a fan, and her favorite is Lestat like the vampire. I told her that the most I'll allow is our next dog to have the name. Lol we have found common ground otherwise thankfully.

Our girls name will be Aurora Mae after my grandmothers middle name and OH's mother's middle name/great grandma's name. Boys name is chosen but secret ;)

There are loads of girls names I like, but I do like Jason and Jacob for boys names ( but my mums friend called her son Jacob, so don't really want to steal it :( not that I have told bf this , think it would freek him out! Lol

Both my partner and I have uncommon names and my two sisters names are also unusual (in white families anyway, one sister has an indian name which can confuse people). We want to continue the theme and give our children unusual names, I like that when I heard my name called it only meant me.

We want two kids so I've been trying to find two girl names and two boy names we like.

For a girl:

Ayla (from a book I read and loved)
Io (one of the moons of Jupiter and a goddess from Greek mythology)

For a boy:

Asher (Hebrew name I think, not so uncommon really)
Kei (Japanese unisex name)

I'm more unsure on the boys names than I am on the girls names but we have ages to think about it. For middle names my partner was messing around saying we should give them totally bonkers names like Windowpane or Stormchild. I doubt we will go that mental but I do like the general idea. I've been thinking that Ocean or Mystery would make a nice middle name for a girl and maybe something like Storm or Light for a boy. It's pretty weird so I imagine not everyone will like that idea but I never use my middle name anyway and I think it would be fun to be a bit adventurous.

As for the last name, as my partner and I aren't married (and even if we were I would keep my last name) we might come up with a new last name for our children that is made from mixing our last names. Again a bit alternative so some people probably wont like that idea but it would be nice if neither of us had to 'give up' our last name.

I think it's awesome that you even have the option to create a new last name, wombat! I'm pretty sure you'd have to jump through some hoops for that in the US, as you normally have to pick either dad's last name or mom's if you're not married.

I think it's awesome that you even have the option to create a new last name, wombat! I'm pretty sure you'd have to jump through some hoops for that in the US, as you normally have to pick either dad's last name or mom's if you're not married.

I'm not sure what happens here in Denmark, I'm British and my partner is Irish and I don't know where we will be when we have children. I just checked and a mother can give her child whatever last name she wants in the UK it seems. I think you can do it in America too but I've not read any official rules on it, just forums where parents have done that.

I so stuck for boys names.
I don't seem to like any.

I thought of Oakley the other week and love it.
But would like more options.

Girls I could reel off..

Argh, the last name thing is a whole other kettle of fish.

So far we've thrown around
Claire, Lilly, Charlotte, Harper for girls

and Jack & Liam for a boy.

So strange. I've wanted boys my ENTIRE life, and now suddenly I'm hoping for a girl.

Love the idea of this post, just started coming back on this site!

Daughters name is Evelyn Grace

Boys:
Deklen ( deck len)
Liam
Ryker
Ezra

Girls:
Aria

Great idea for thread :thumbup:

For our future bubba we have:

Girls:
Ava Lily
Lilah ??

Boys
Lincoln ??
Abel ??
Brody ??

I like Jack and James as middle names, but DH wants Arthur after his grandad, and seeing as all our others have middle names after family members, he will probably get his way.

Girls;
Heidi
Isabelle
Ashleigh/Ashley

Boys;
Jaxon/Jackson (OH looves this one.. Jax for short)

I can't come up with any boys names I really like.. maybe that's a sign :wacko: But I am pretty undecided still.. :flower:

Girls;
Heidi
Isabelle
Ashleigh/Ashley

Boys;
Jaxon/Jackson (OH looves this one.. Jax for short)

I can't come up with any boys names I really like.. maybe that's a sign :wacko: But I am pretty undecided still.. :flower:

I just read the book Heidi for the first time since I was a kid, and realized that I quite like that name and haven't heard it in a long time!

I like Heidi as well, book and name, but I can't use the name as it doesn't go with our surnames.

Heidi would go with one of our surnames but not the other (and we don't know which one we're using yet!).

Evelyn Grace is beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->