Keeping track of potential baby names

My three kids are named Aiden Thomas, Madalynn Ann, and Seraphina Nicole. For names I like there's:

Girls
*Iris (definite for first or middle name)
*Isabella
*Charlotte

Boys
*Jackson/Jaxon
*Zachery

James will more than likely be the middle name for a boy.

I think it's awesome that you even have the option to create a new last name, wombat! I'm pretty sure you'd have to jump through some hoops for that in the US, as you normally have to pick either dad's last name or mom's if you're not married.

I'm not sure what happens here in Denmark, I'm British and my partner is Irish and I don't know where we will be when we have children. I just checked and a mother can give her child whatever last name she wants in the UK it seems. I think you can do it in America too but I've not read any official rules on it, just forums where parents have done that.

I'm from the US (Wisconsin) and when I had my youngest, I had the option of giving her any last name I wanted. There wasn't a requirement that her last name had to be mine or my husbands. Could be different in different states, though. :flower:

My three kids are named Aiden Thomas, Madalynn Ann, and Seraphina Nicole. For names I like there's:

Girls
*Iris (definite for first or middle name)
*Isabella
*Charlotte

Boys
*Jackson/Jaxon
*Zachery

James will more than likely be the middle name for a boy.

I think it's awesome that you even have the option to create a new last name, wombat! I'm pretty sure you'd have to jump through some hoops for that in the US, as you normally have to pick either dad's last name or mom's if you're not married.

I'm not sure what happens here in Denmark, I'm British and my partner is Irish and I don't know where we will be when we have children. I just checked and a mother can give her child whatever last name she wants in the UK it seems. I think you can do it in America too but I've not read any official rules on it, just forums where parents have done that.

I'm from the US (Wisconsin) and when I had my youngest, I had the option of giving her any last name I wanted. There wasn't a requirement that her last name had to be mine or my husbands. Could be different in different states, though. :flower:

I'm from Wisconsin, too!!! Originally anyway :) Born and raised, moved across the country when I was 20 :flower: I guess I had no idea you could give your kids any last name! That is pretty awesome!

Hello

Our current favourites are:

Henry Stuart
Emmy Rose

I do have a soft spot for Elena but worried it would be shortened to Ellie which I'm not as keen on x

I have a friend named Elena, her nickname was Laney growing up.

DH and I have narrowed it down to the following:

Boy:
Mason (DH doesn't like it)
Hudson

Girl:
Harper

Uhh yea, that's about it. :lol:

I love the name harper, but mentioned it to my sister the other day and shes said it was a horrible name, was so annoyed at her, each to there on tho, i still like it =)

Loving all the Harper mentions, my cousin named her baby boy Harper (not my cup of tea for a boy however he really suits it!) just a few days before the Beckhams called their baby girl Harper. She was gutted, but I definitely agree that it is a girls name :) x

With which gender do you all associate the name Ezra? I knew a girl when I was a teenager who had a daughter named Ezra, and I loved it! However, I have seen quite a few people say they like it for a boy. Do you think its pretty for a girl?

Sounds and looks like girls to me.

I need q new name list, harry is the second most popular name for 2 years running now so can't have that n Olivia is in the top 10 and so is Jessica this is so unfair

Yes it's really frustrating when a name you've like for ages suddenly spikes in popularity. Damn you, Charlottes and Isabelles and Graces everywhere!

Could you think about similar names? Like Henry, or Tessie? I really like Tessie but it rhymes with my sister's name so it's a bit weird!

No I don't like many names me n oh are really going to struggle.
My niece is a grace.
I want pretty names that aren't too common or too weird and the middle name is going to be weird lol

Ive got a few i like

For a boy: lachlan or korban
Midlle name: augustus, victor (both family names on my dh side) or lucus, have always loved that name but dh really hates it due to a guy that went to his school, so he wouldn't want to use it as a first so hopefully a middle name.

Girl: toni, sofia (to popular now i think) amelia (again to popular) harper, taylor
Middle name: olivia (family name again)

But with our last name starting with a G i couldnt have olivia for the middle if we end up having a girl coz its too easy to make words with the initials. Like h.o.g. Or t.o.g.

Itl be so hard once we do get pregnant to stick to a few names, like im sure you all are finding.

(A), Bog, Cog, Dog, (E), Fog, Gog, Hog, (I), Jog, (K), Log, Mog?, Nog, (O), Pog, (Q), (R), Sog, Tog, (U), (V), Wog, (X), (Y), (Z).

So if you don't want to make real words, you're left with A, E, I, K, O, Q, R, U, V, X, Y and Z! That's tough. A, E, I, K and R are probably your best bets. Two 'O' names might be cool, depending on what you like. Olivia and Ophelia are the only ones I can think of though. :haha:

I likes spelling words with initials but has to be done carefully lol. I'm laf, my second cousin is erm and my brother is dj and his surname which wud make a cool radio presenter name lol. My oh surname starts with c so I think I'm safe it won't spell anything but with it being a k sound it could make it sound like stuff lol....note to self do not spell out SAC or HAC omg I'm thinking of loads now. My oh has a sucky sucky last name I much prefer mine lol

Hah yea theres heaps of dif words and then i gota think of if they got married what would it spell after they changed ther names, to hard, wont be able to use a 'o' middle name.

I thought it would be cool naming a kid like megan emma g.... Coz it would spell meg =p corny i no but would be funny.

My auntys initials are m.a.d. =p

I thought it would be cool naming a kid like megan emma g.... Coz it would spell meg =p corny i no but would be funny.

I was thinking of the names Lilliana Iris L..., that would have spelt LIL :haha:

There are so many different things to consider, it's hard to remember to check them all. One of my friends named her little girl Lana and then only after she was born realised it spelled Anal backwards! :haha:

My husband is obsessed with Mustangs, and since our last name begins with an R I would love to have our first child have the initials CAR! :)

We have Rose bobby (middle name) after OH auntie and mum. And Austin for a boy xx

Love this idea!

Here are the names I've been thinking of:

Girl:

Short List:

Ramona
Hazel

Others:
Margaret (NN "Peggy" or "Peg" and middle name Carter
Zatanna
Elanor (Lord of the Rings spelling... we are nerds :) )
Zoe (although this is maybe a little too popular for my liking now)
Amelia
Jasmine
Kamala
Veronica
Iris

Middle Names:
Our boys each have two middle names, one of which is a poet and/or author, so our middle names for a potential future girl are: Doris Margaret (Doris is the paternal grandmother's first name for both me and DH, so that's pretty much a given, and Margaret is after Margaret Atwood, plus DH's maternal grandmother)

Boy:

Short List:
Henry (Hank)
Reed

Others:
Abraham (NN "Abe")
Ulysses (Just not sure about the NN "Uly"...)
Logan
Theodore (nn "Ted")

Bruce
Carter
Jeriah
Jonathan (nn "Johnny" and mn "Storm")

Middle Names:
Lewis (after C.S. Lewis)
Eliot (T.S. Eliot)
Morrison
Vaughan

Boy OR Girl: Phoenix

... I think that's all right now. I'll have to add some as I think of them!

EDIT 02/19/15: We are 99% decided on Ramona Doris Margaret and Henry Robert Vaughan! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->