Keeping track of potential baby names

Beautiful names!! Is anyone else funny with names?! I dont tells family or friends names i like incase they nick them!!

Fav boy name is Farlie... (not told anyone apart from Mum and OH)

AidensMama, I had Kayde (spelt Kaide for a girl) x
x

Oh wow. I hadn't ever thought of it for a girl. It's darling! I really like the spelling for a girl too.

I am funny with names that way too, I don't like to tell too many people. With DS we started telling a few people, and a very close friend of ours who had a son about a month after us named her little boy the same thing. I don't necessarily think they 'stole' it, it's getting super common. I just like to pick things that are kind of original or a little different, like trying to choose names that close friends and family haven't used
and feel like as soon as I put my preference out there someone in our circle will absolutely pick it as well.

Farlie is good too, I like it alot. A newer name I've decided I like for a boy (or maybe a girl too) is Arlo (Arlow, Arloe?)

Beautiful names!! Is anyone else funny with names?! I dont tells family or friends names i like incase they nick them!!

Fav boy name is Farlie... (not told anyone apart from Mum and OH)

AidensMama, I had Kayde (spelt Kaide for a girl) x
x

MummyJade Beautiful names!! Is anyone else funny with names?! I dont tells family or friends names i like incase they nick them!!

My sister "nicked" a name from me. she told me since she is older than me and I was single at the time that she had more of a "right" to the name than I did because she already had two kids.

P.S. my sister and I do not see eye to eye.

This is a fun thread :)

Girls:
Nora
Sofia
Selene
Lucia
Malia
Rosalie
Jorjayna

Boys:
Cameron

I am really funny about telling people names! My friend just called her baby Farrah which is do cute in my opinion! But her grandma hated it & kept trying to put her off... horrible now knowing she hates her name but happy for her that she stuck to it :)
xo.

We have a little boy called Lucas and when I gave birth it was a toss up between Lucas or Logan, we literally flipped a coin haha. We always said wed use Logan for our next boy.

Boys list -
Logan
Freddie

Girl:
Alba (gaelic for scotland, where were from)
Aurora
Lyla

Think thats it but in my head I can imagine having two boys lucas and logan

Ooooh I just saw Noelle in the 'when do you want your LO born' thread - that's so pretty! Lends itself to Ellie as a nickname which I like it.

Just saw the name Rhydian on a show...both OH and I kind of like it because its not at all common around here but we've gotten some negative comments about it already. Not deterred though!

I love talking about baby names :)

My 2 children I have now are named Nora Anne and Everett Samuel

Here are some more of my favorite names/guilty pleasure names

:pink:
Arden/Ardenne
Rosalie
Rosalind
Larken
Victoria
Violet
Brynn
Hollis/Holly
Ruby
Ivy
Faye
Lane

:blue:
Corbin
Tristan
Chole
Kale
Reid
Owen
Lane

If anything else comes to me I will post it, I find new names on a weekly basis

What a great post!

DH and I have only come up with 1 boy name...Lane (from 8 seconds). And we're keeping DH middle name so our boy will be Lane Mark B******. Our last name ends in a Y and has the "E" sound so I want short blunt names.

Girl names are a different story. Middle name will be Marie, it's a family name at least as far as my great grandma.

Phoebie Marie - my granny's name that I've contemplated using since she passed away. But I don't want it to be associated with Friends.

Emily Marie - but that went out the window when I got a dog who was already named Emily.

Samantha Marie - I have a boys name (Tommie) so I thought it would be cute to use a nickname of Sammy or Sam.

Emma Marie - I feel like it's gotten too popular.

Ella Marie - This is my favorite so far. I found out recently this was DH great grandma's name so thought it was nice to have a family connection.

I absolutely love old fashioned girls names. The kind of name that when you hear it you imagine a sweet little old lady. lol

Loving this thread! So many awesome ideas.

FYI, I love nicknames.

Girls:
Danielle (Dani)
Joelle (Joey)
Alexis (Alex, Lexi, Ally, Lex, etc..)
Madelyn (Madi)
Paige

No separate middle names, will probably just combine two of the above.

Boys:
Jackson
Ethan

Ugggh....the middle name issue has been a constant argument between OH and I for the last couple years. His family expects us to carry on the traditional middle name of William that is OH, his dad's, his grandpa's, etc.. To put it nicely, I do not respect that side of the family as all the men are chauvinistic pigs. I will not use that name and have been given a very difficult time for that decision...Although I would love to have a little boy, I guess it would save a harsh argument if we do not.

I love the name Danielle w/ Dani for a nickname. Forgot all about that one. Would be tempted to just go with Dani.

I've had baby names picked out for years!!

John Joseph (He'd be the III!)
James Francis (My fathers name, then my great-grandfather's)
Madilyn Grace

I really hope we have three, in that order, and things would be perfect! Heaven knows I don't have another girl name in mind!

We've had our Baby girls name picked out for a couple years now....Presley Gale H*****

We both love the name Presley for a girl, and Gale is my SO's Mom's name. She unfortunately passed away (from Cancer) when he was 11.

For a boy, we've thrown out a few:

Logan
Camden
Cameron
Oliver

Boys middle name will be Walker....which is my Dads middle name :)

I know this thread is old but my names so far are...

Boys:

Elliott Sonny?
Sonny Elliott?

Girls:

Robyn Hope
Penny Hope

We are having Marley for a girl and Hugo or Elliott for a boy
we already have Macie and George

I know this thread is old but my names so far are...

Boys:

Elliott Sonny?
Sonny Elliott?

Girls:

Robyn Hope
Penny Hope

I have a Sonny, obviously I'm bias but I totally love it :) x

MellyH Darcy for me is a girls name :) coming in late but I finally found an old list of mine, I've been keeping track of names for a long time!

Shae/y for both a boy or a girl

Joshua (but I would probably only use it as a middle name)
Sophie
Tori for a girl
Lila
Isis
Blaine
Lori
Lorelai
Izah
Julie
Juliette
Issac
Isaiah
Ezra
Elijah is on my list too, but I agree too popular now!

OH likes Stephan but I am not a fan, and her favorite is Lestat like the vampire. I told her that the most I'll allow is our next dog to have the name. Lol we have found common ground otherwise thankfully.

Our girls name will be Aurora Mae after my grandmothers middle name and OH's mother's middle name/great grandma's name. Boys name is chosen but secret ;)

my gorgeous 9 year old niece is called Isis. her middle name is Rose. :)

I've had baby names picked out for years!!

John Joseph

I really like this, we've considered using it, I lost my grandad last year whom I was really close to, so it would be after him, but dh dad and brother are both called John, so not sure if there'd be too many Johns going on 😉. Plus we love the name Joseph, may well be our top contender as a first name, love the nn Joe/Joey x

I have a rough list of what i like :) even though not intending to ttc for a LONG time yet but hey they have been floating around since i had my miscarriage at 20 so they are saved in there :) just depends on whether OH likes them :p
Girls
Cait (unconventional spelling!)
Cassie (not cassandra just cassie)
Ada
Amber
Eila (like Isla)
Esme - twilight ;)
Freya
Ida
Iris
Lacey

Boys