Kellys Wedding Journal - 6th July 2013... Countdown begins!!

Love that centrepiece. I know what you mean about table confetti too. I am in two minds about it myself. Probably will have to see how it looks on the day and decide then :lol:

The dress is a Monsoon dress, isn't it? I'm sure I've got the same one for my LO. It fits Seren way better though :lol: How have you got the body pulled in tight?

Those centrepieces look fantastic :D

You're going to be so busy with these appointments, remember to take a bit of time for yourself so it doesn't get too manic :) xx

Yeah it's the monsoon dress :) it has ribbon ties at the back so I've just tied the bow as tight as I comfortably can for her, I have found that those dress come up pretty big!
I originally for a size 4-5 which is what she's in for her clothes and it was literally hanging off her so had to chnage to a 3-4 which is still a bit roomy!

It is going to be a busy couple of weeks but in a way it'll be nice to actually feel like I'm getting stuff done, at the moment I feel like I'm going crazy wanting to buy stuff, plan stuff etc! Xx

I really want that dress for my little girl... but I think its too soon to buy it :( wahh!
I'm having vintage table confetti - in the form of hole punched sheet music xx

That's the dress I want for Darcey too, thanks for mentioning the sizes, I think I'm going to have to get 0-3 and 3-6 months and try them on her cause she'll be 4 1/2 months!

I'm so jealous of your list of things to do, I'm so desperate to do more!

Yeah we went for 3-4 too and it's huge. It's not as long as I'd have liked either but a 4-5 would have been way too big. I've been trying to fatten her up so she fits it better :lol:

It does sound like it's getting busy now. It'll help the time fly by :)

It's so hard with kids because there's no way of telling their size etc! I'm desperate to get jacks little suit but I can't until a couple of weeks before.

Is anyone else having crazy wedding dreams? Last night I had a dream that it was the morning of the wedding and it was a hr before the ceremony and the hairdresser and MUA hadn't showed up and then I realised that I'd sent them to the wrong place and it was too late I had to go down the aisle with no make up and hair done. Also I had forgotten to write the table plan so I was frantically trying to write it before the ceremony, I think I'm going crazy!! I literally woke up in such a panic haha x

Awwwww no what a horrible and weird dream to have :hugs: thankfully not had any of those dreams yet, but I bet they aren't too far away

Yes! I had a dream that I had to go it with no make up or hair done because I had forgotten to organise it. I also dreamt my heel got stuck in my dress and it ripped. Totally horrific, I feel sick thinking about it lol xx

I've not had a dream for a while but of the few I have had they sickening!! :lol:

Haven't updated in a while, I've literally come out of wedding mode! Its like I'm panicking so much I've just shut down lol.

A couple of updates though :)

Went for my dress fitting a couple of weeks ago, all went well, thankfully still LOVE the dress, even more if anything because it was actually my size lol. I'm going to need a couple more fittings though as the bust and length needed adjusting and the lace top needed quite a few adjustments which is stressing me out a bit as I'm worried that it won't look the same or something!
Was hoping I'd come away with my veil and side headband but they don't order them in until 6 months before which is a pain because I really wanted them for my hair trial at the beginning of next month!

I've also ordered my menu cards and guest book to match my invitations :)

Proof for the menu cards:
https://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/katurner63/9CBA0DAE-E599-4861-8BF4-0BEABB4E7F55-2038-000000FD7EC4F322_zps147a8aee.jpg

We also went down to the venue, got all the answers to my questions and paid off some of the balance.

Nothing else has been done! I'm trying to give my grandfather and ushers a kick of the arse to get measured as that was supposed to be done last week and I really really REALLY need to order my evening invites! The date is creeping up soooooo frigging fast! Ahhhh!!!

It does go fast doesn't it! Lol! I know I still have 9 months or so left but the year is going so quick! Well done on getting all that done though, you seem really organised even if you don't feel it. You will probs have to force the boys to get measured haha, they will just take their time otherwise :) xxx

It might not feel like a lot, but you really do seem very organised :hugs:

I love your menu card, it looks fab :D

You don't sound like you've shut down at all, you sound like you've done quite a lot :)

Thanks guys :)

Got a few more bits and pieces over the last couple of days! Completely bladdered now though lol.

Evening invites finally sorted from ebay!

https://i.ebayimg.com/t/Wedding-Invitations-Stationery-Cresta-Collection-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMDY2/$(KGrHqRHJCIE7z!mKVGzBPB2EK5-Vw~~60_57.JPG

Also got scratch card wallets in white off ebay like these:
https://i.ebayimg.com/t/Favour-Gift-Wallet-for-Lottery-Scratch-Cards-Gift-Tokens-/11/!CEGG8twCWk~$(KGrHqN,!icE0HL962uUBNQ))YznE!~~_3.JPG
and some black satin ribbon to tie a bow around them :) got everyone hunting for shiny pennies now so i can sellotape them into the card aswell so everyones not rummaging through their pockets at the table! lol.

Mr and Mrs signs for the top table:
https://i.ebayimg.com/t/Mr-and-Mrs-White-Wooden-Sign-Mr-Mrs-Letters-/00/s/NDE2WDgwMA==/$(KGrHqVHJDkFBkorEH8oBQpm)3JvI!~~60_3.JPG

Goody bags for my daughter and bridesmaids stepdaughter:
https://www.toxicfox.co.uk/claireabella-canvas-bag

And Ive bought a hello kitty wedding colouring book to go in there, need to get:
- Bubbles
- Pencils
- Camera
- Glowsticks
- Snap cards etc

And last but not least I also bought our love spoon wedding favours :)
Feeling pretty good now! Not much left to get apart from things like perfume etc!

I've also emailed my hair and MUA to see if I can get a trial on 10th May, really can't wait for that!

Ohh you have been busy, you're putting me to shame haha.

I think your evening invites are from the same person I got all my stationary from (unless 2 people use the same names on their samples :haha:)

Love the little claireabella bags, how cute!

Oh my gosh you're so organised!! And you've reminded me I need pennies too :lol:

Here is the link to the vows page we used...Civil Vows...we juggled them about a bit and 'dumbed down' some of the words that weren't "us" until we had something that we were comfortable with. Hope that helps x

You've got loads done, well done! All coming together nicely now. I'm going to do gift bags next I think :D xx

Ohh thank you for that link! Sent it to OH to look at in work tomorrow :) they're not too soppy either so I think I would feel comfortable saying all that without laughing lol.

I'm sooooooooo stuck on our first dance song, what's everyone else going for?

I love paulo nutini - candy but I'm not sure OH is convinced, again we don't want anything really slow and slushy because its just not us at all.
Picking songs is so hard!!

I love paolo, especially Candy lol but I think that's a lovey song (might not be appropriate if you don't want slushy). Were not having a first dance :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->