Kidney infection/UTI

britt1986

Reaction score
I have been put on a 7 day course of antibiotics for a kidney infection. The doctor did a culture, but it came back negative for anything serious. I currently have one day of antibiotics left, but still have pain in my lower back on the right side where my kidney is and frequent urination. I would have thought by now all my symptoms would have subsided? I have had many UTI's and kidney infection, some of which I have had blood in my urine, extreme pain, chills, fever of 102 F, and burning while urinating and 1 course of antibiotics cured it. This one is no where near my last one, but the medicine doesn't seem to be working. I am drinking nothing but water and plenty of it. I'm not a water person at all, but I am drinking it.

What should I do? Anyone ever took a course of antibiotics, but the infection didn't go away? What did you do?

Go back to the drs he might give you some other antibiotics to try, I hope you feel better soon. I suffered recurrent UTI's whilst pregnant they're not nice!

I'd say you should go back to the doctors and get advice there. I've just had a course of antibiotics for a UTI and it seemed to clear up for a week but I think it's returned :( I'm going to drink lots of fluid and see if that helps but if it doesn't I'll return to my doctors. I hate them, they're really uncomfortable :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->