• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kids and Electricity Addiction

my dd is 8. so far we just limit the amount of time she's allowed to spend watching tv or on the computer. my brother is one of those kids whose life has been consumed by gaming. so, since i'd watched my mom struggle w/him, it was something i was concerned about. anyway, since we've set boundaries for her since dd was little, it doesn't really seem to be a problem. she doesn't seem to mind and never sneaks or anything. we try to stress to her the importance of moderation w/everything.

my mum didnt let us watch tv as children we were aloud to play some computer games some of the time, we had lots of pets and and veg patch most of my nice childhood memory's are doing things to do with them :)
james daughter is a electricity addict its a nightmare, if shes here hell put cartoons on first thing and when its time to turn it off she throws a total fit and sulks for hours!

Ewan likes to sit and watch Tv, I dont really limit the amount of time he has, as he still has play group 3 mornings a week and then a day over at his grandparents.
We have a game boy which he plays with every so often.
I would love to get a nintendo DS but if Ewan sees me with it then he would be wanting to play with it too, and we dont want him on gamestations all the time and we have always said we will never buy him an x box or anything like that.
Luckily we all spend alot of time out side, we have a dog, to walk, a boat during the summer where there is no TV just radio.
So i think it is all quite balanced.

I never had a nintendo as a child. Now all the kids had one! I got my first internet access at home at age 20.

I guess as we speak the schools are talking about each kid getting a laptop and may have to take online classes... so even if I did not want my kids online. I will have to if they want to be in public education system in US. I can not afford private schooling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->