Kids parties in summer hols, lack of replies

Librastar2828

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I sent out invites to the entire class and a handful of another class and have literally about 1/4 of replies. Being the last day of school tomo I'm going to have to rely on parents texting to rsvp instead of replying face to face in the playground ect.

Last year with it being the holidays some forgot and didn't even turn up after replying they would come. I had none turn up with out replying

At worst I'll get no more replies but will they really just turn up without replying? I'd rather as many kids there as possible for the sake of my child having a good birthday instead of a handful of kids rattling round a large hall. I expect some will forget who have rsvp'd and there fore less kids than in expecting actually show

It's so hard to organise and I find it so rude from parents who don't reply as most have held parties for their kids and mush have been through the stress!

I'm thinking of sending a text reminder to those whose
Numbers I have who have replies to limit those that forget to turn up. Do you think this is ok to do?

Should I make a few extra party bags/food bags/layers on the pass the parcel ect but if so how many incase I get an influx of people. The party is still a month away yet so parents still have an acceptable time to reply but realistically the longer it's left the more chance they will forget.

This so the last year I'll do it and have to bribe my son with a small party of kids I know will show or a trip out as a treat instead.

Anyone else have this issue of parents not replying or if in the holidays those that do reply totally forgetting to turn up all together.

I've never had anyone show up who didn't reply (my daughter's birthday is tomorrow and I've only had one no reply so we will see!). About a week and a half out I texted those I have numbers for and hadn't heard from as I was trying to get loot bags together. I ended up with a call on Sunday and Tuesday! Of this week from parents whose kids are attending but the others all got back to me more quickly.

Got side-tracked by the little one haha. For loot bags I have some extras and will take those along as a just in case but I'm not buying extras or making any extra bags :)

My little girl just turned 5. I sent a reminder msg out, I also said siblings welcome. We had party just before break up but a few already on holiday. I sent to all in class and had to chase a few answers. Anything neer summer holidays you gets lots of people booked up. I did early invitations as did other parent who child had birthday around now. I did extra party bags. We had 35 in end

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->