Kind of a crummy Mother's Day

MrsStutler

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
Maybe it's the hormones, and maybe I'm being unreasonable but I'm still kind of sulking about my less than stellar Mother's Day.

The only thing I got was a card from my son...that I picked out and helped him "sign" (put a hand print inside with paint) the previous day. The whole day was filled with us doing stuff for everybody else. We took my mother out for brunch with my dad and brother, all the while I stood and entertained our son. Then we went out for lunch with DH's family, including my SIL who was celebrating her first Mother's Day. Again, I ordered the smallest thing on the menu so I could eat it in two bites and spend the whole time entertain our son.

I feel like it's selfish to want something for Mother's Day, afterall I have my amazing son and my little girl is happy in my belly- that should be enough. Then there is the part of me that just feels like we celebrated every other mom we know...except me. Like it was Mother's Day for everybody except me. I'm one who likes to show love by giving gifts (could be something as simple as a note, a handmade card, or a little handmade gift, no need to get fancy) and I've already got DH's Father's Day card and gift picked out. I want him to know how special he is to me and how much I love him and how much I love watching him be an amazing father to our son. It just feels like the feeling isn't mutual. I know it is, but it just would have been nice to have him actually express it...even if it was on a post-it note. :shrug: I just need to get over it, but I can't really talk to anybody about it either so thanks for listening.

Sorry u had such a crummy day... I kinda know how u feel...

This was my first Mother's Day with a buba in my belly but I have three step children who i care for like I'm their mum about 50% of the time...

They obviously always spend Mother's Day with their mum but it kinda sucks coz I do all the mum stuff ...

Eg. My dh is out with friends and I'm currently watching a really boring kids movie in bed at 7pm so they can watch it after I spent the whole day playing mummy while dh was at work...

On Mother's Day I invited my mum and dad up for a roast and then had to do all the cooking and entertaining... And at 36 weeks pregnant I really CBf lol

Don't get me wrong... I like doing it but I feel left out... I hope Mother's Day next year is different as I will be a real mummy.

Hope u have a better Mother's Day next year

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"