*Knock knock* I think I'm allowed back in here now!! Looking for a buddy!

Right ladies as some one won't let me sleep I thought i would tell you my birth story and it's quite a long one.

Went to bed Thursday night all was fine got up to the loo at 2.30 went back to bed. Suddenly woke at 3.15 as I thought i'd wet myself. Flew out of bed and to the toilet and yes my waters were leaking not a huge amount but enough for me to think this was it. So I phoned the hospital and they said give it an hour as I'd had no pains at all. Phoned back in the hour and they said come in and be monitored but be prepared to go home again.
Got to the hospital at about 5.30 am and was put on the monitor all was fine until my blood pressure shot up so had to have bloods taken and wait anyway bloods were taken at 7.30 and we then had to wait for the results b 2.30 they still weren't back and at this point I was starving and had left my hospital bag in the car with the snacks in. The midwife sent me down to the maternity unit to get some food which was great. Back on labour ward bloods still weren't back but the doctor said that because my waters had broken I was at risk of infection and I would have to be induced first thing saturday and at this point they admitted me which was great. The rest of Friday was fine still no major pains and at 9pm I sent OH home as he was exhausted and I would call him if I needed him back.

Midwife came soon after and monitored me and I was starting to have a few very mild contractions. Over night they got worse and worse and by about 3am they were 7 mins apart I couldn't sleep because everytime I tried I had a contraction. By 4.30 am they were coming ever 5 mins and I was in agony and desperate for OH to come back so Midwife said did I want to go up on to the labour ward so he could come back. By 6am they had a room ready and off we went OH turned up and they did and examination as the were going to induce me unless I was dilated. Turns out I was already 6cm which was fab news and the contractions were coming very fast now. By 11am I was in absolute agony and was only on gas and air I wasn't coping any more so midwife sad would I like an more pain relief and I opted for some Diamorphine and OMG that was heaven. By 11.45 I felt I had the urge to push so I had an examination and was 10cm dialated. It was all very painful and I was just crying the whole time and eventually and 13.19 Martha came in to the world. She was fine through out the whole thing her heart rate didn't drop once.

But things didn't stop there as my placenta wouldn't come away the thought it was because my bladder was full and I couldn't pee so had to have a catheter fitted to drain me. Blimey I peed!!! Still would come so had to get the doctor up to do it and OMG the had to cut away the membranes and after you have just given birth that is the last thing you want. I am absolutely exhausted by this point as I hadn't slept for nearly 24 hrs or eaten. I was then hooked up to a drip because of my uterus being soft and had to stay on there for 4 hrs. I was still caked in blood and I was desperate for a wash :( but couldn't have one I then had to be hooked up to an anitbiotic drip as my bloods showed up I had and infection. I felt like a pin cushion at this point. My OH was wonderful he changed Martha and looked after her for me and ran around after me. By 6pm I was desperate to see my mum and visitors aren't normally allowed on the Labour ward but they made an exception and she just cried when she came in.

By 7pm I was on the Maternity ward feeling absolutely drained and finally got some thing decent to eat. Managed to catch a bit of sleep here and there but nothing much. I was finally discharged at 3pm and am now home but still not had an real sleep and I don't know how I am surviving really but she is worth every moment of it and tonight she won't sleep in her moses basket only on me so hence why I am typing this up at nearly 3am in the morning!!!!!

I am giving breast feeding a go and am still trying to get the hang of it but we will get there. Will upload a pic soon :)

I bet you are shattered!!! Sounds like quite an ordeal you went through. Hope you manage to catch some sleep and that the feeding gets easier for you. Big hugs xx

Oh Jen, that sounds like a pretty heavy labour, you poor thing. Really hope you got some sleep and that you're feeling a bit better this morning. Jake wouldn't sleep in his Moses basket for the first couple of days but we got there on day 3 and now he'll sleep anywhere (and everywhere!). Breast feeding is hard work at first but gets a lot easier once your milk comes in and once you're confident latching them on. My mastitis is feeling a bit better now the antibiotics are doing their thing and expecting the midwife today and hoping to be discharged.

Good luck today Ruth, hope it goes ok.

X x x

Hi ladies, how did your sweep go yesterday Ruth? Really hope it was not too uncomfortable and that it's got things going for you.

Any luck with baby Martha in the Moses basket yet Jen?

I hope you're doing well still Laura :)

x x x

Hi no still no luck but I managed 3 hrs sleep last night I do wonder what I'm running on. But on the plus side I'm giving breast feeding a good go I'm very sore as we are both still learning but must be doing something right as my milk came in yesterday.
How are you getting on?

Ruth I hope the sweep worked for you.

Laura anything yet?

Yeah they don't let you sleep much in the very early days as they're so hungry but now you milk is in hopefully she'll get a good, full tummy and you can put her down for a bit and get more sleep yourself. The first couple of weeks of breast feeding are quite sore but a good latch should sort that out. Keep going :)

We went into town yesterday to register Jake's birth and it was lovely to get out. We went for our first family lunch together to celebrate Jake's arrival which was LO lovely. We're going to take them to baby gymnastics tomorrow- josh loves it and will have fun whilst I carry jake around in the moby wrap sling.

Hope things are happening for you now Ruth after your sweep and hopefully your little Eva will be here soon too Laura x x x

No, the sweep wasn't a success :-( i got to the midwife and my blood pressure was raised. I have never had high blood pressure in my life, even just before the ECV it was normal and i was pretty frightened. She took it again at the end of the appointment and it had gone up even further. That plus .the fact that baby is still high in my tummy and free meant that she wouldn't do the sweep. She referred me to the hospital for monitoring because of my blood pressure. It was absolutely fine and they were happy to let me go after an hour. I asked if they could attempt a sweep even though baby was high and she agreed. However she couldn't even reach my cervix, it was too high. I'm just waiting for my midwife to call me back to let me know if i can go and see her tomorrow for another attempt. I'm considering sex tonight, even though it's the very last thing i want to be doing right now. Hope all mummies and babies are doing well xxx

Oh no Ruth Poor you. I had NEVER had raised blood pressure in my life until last Saturday and ever since it's been absolutely fine.
Fingers crossed things start moving for you soon.

We had a very successful night last night. My milk is now in and she fed at 10.30 and finally went into her moses basket till 3am fed again went down at 5am and slept till 8.45.

I feel so much more human and I hope it wasn't just a one off.

Any news from Laura yet?

Sounds like Martha is doing really well!! Photos would be nice if you get chance?

Have an appointment tomorrow afternoon with community midwife to try another sweep. But with the warning that if his head is still high she won't be doing it :-(

https://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac185/jenneil1980/SAM_2931_zpsebe9cdeb.jpg

Here she is.

Oh wow!!!! She is gorgeous!!! You must be thrilled to have produced a beauty like that, well done!! Xx

Just clicked on Laura's journal and she gave birth to her little bundle this morning!!! Just my monkey to come now!! X

What a beautiful baby girl Jen, she's gorgeous- congrats again- how is it all going?

Sorry to hear your sweep didn't happen Ruth and that you had some worry with your BP. I really hope the community midwife will be able to do one for you today, or that you've gone into labour naturally since writing this :)

Congratulations Laura on the arrival of Eva Nicole x

We're finally starting to get better here, slowly but it's going the right way.

x x x

Thank you she is rather scrummy.

Last night was tough again she slept from 9.30 till midnight. Then 2-3 and that was it. OH got up at 5 as she wouldn't settle in Moses basket and took her down stairs so I could sleep.

Ruth you must be fed up by now :(

Hi ladies, well I'm thinking it's a good sign we haven't heard from you Ruth since Wednesday, really hope your little man has arrived safe and well :)

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble at night Jen. Hope Martha gets used to her Moses basket soon.

Jake sleeps fairly well at night, he wakes 2-3 times for a feed and napoy change and settles back nicely after being burped and cuddled for a short time after. He has started cluster feeding at times, he fed loads on Saturday but then only woke once in the night which was a nice treat! He fed loads yesterday morning too. Quite looking forward to him settling into a bit of a routine so it's easier to do stuff.

Can't wait to hear some good news Ruth :) x x x

I have no good news :-( the midwife wouldn't do the sweep as his head is still very free. At about 5 yesterday evening i was having tightenings with some mild pains so i bounced on my ball and did loads of housework. We put Frankie to bed at seven and it was still going on. I watched TV on my ball and by 10pm i honesty thought, "This is going to be it," I was determined not to get into bed but to keep bouncing. However, by about 11:30 i was knackered and got into bed. Next thing i know i am awake, it is morning, i have no pains or tightenings and i am still pregnant. Boo!!!!!

Oh I'm sorry you're still waiting Ruth, how annoying that things seemed to start then stop. Shame the midwife wouldn't do the sweep either. Hopefully the tightenings were a good sign things are close now though. I've got my fingers crossed your little man arrives soon x x x

Poor you Ruth I really do hope things start moving soon for you.

Things are getting so much better here Martha sleeps 2-3 hrs at a time. I went to bed at 8.30 last night and she fussed until midnight then slept in her moses basket from 12 -2.30 and then 3.45 till 7 am and I was wide awake at 6.30 just looking at her. She is very content but really hates her nappy being changed or having a bath.

I did venture to the shops yesterday with her but I was drained things feel better today and tomorrow we are going on a proper outing!!!!

That's great Jen. Jake also hates having his nappy changed, being dressed and being bathed. He cluster fed again this morning which I find really tiring and frustrating as I just seem to have him attached to me for hours and can't do anything. Looking forward to him feeding regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->