Knotts scary farm safe during pregnancy ?

stardancer6x

Reaction score
Hello all,

My husband and I always go to Knotts scary farm every year. Well this year I am 16 weeks pregnant. I have heard both sides, either its not safe at all or it's completely safe so I'm looking for some advise. Here are the important things.

I will not be riding any rides.

I would just be walking through haunted houses with no threat of falling over or being bumped.

It is not " horrafiyingly scary" it's just scary costumes and people jumping out and it has never really been very scary to me before.

I worked there last year so I really know the ins and outs of it.

I will be walking a lot which is good.

I would never do anything if I thought it would bring any harm to my child. I truly think it would just be a fun night out with lots of exercise.

So ladies what do you all think.

I wouldn't but then again I hate haunted houses.

I LOVE Halloween. I have never met anyone who adores haunted houses/farms/tours as much as me! Every weekend in October I travel all over to the best places, I honestly think nothing of traveling 4 hours one way to experience a great haunt. I start planning my Oct adventures in Jan, right after the holiday rush, literally looking forward to it the entire year! I genuinely feel it is 100% safe during pregnancy and have zero qualms about going despite being crazy cautious in regards to my pregnancy.

That said, I will not be partaking in any Halloween festivities this year. My OH has asked me to abstain this year because he is scared and worried that it encompasses too much risk. We discussed it a bit and while I might not agree with him at all on this, he has been absolutely amazing throughout my pregnancy and this is literally the only thing he has asked of me. So for his peace of mind, I can miss out on a single Halloween and be fine with it.

If my OH were on board though, I would be all about going!

Im also gutted im not going alton towers scarefest this year :/ i go every year! And yea i look forward to it from early on too ha ha...

But the scaremazes are very jumpy, fast paced get your heart racing so i really don't think its a gd idea for me to go :/ if it was more laid back and u cud go through the horrormazes at own pace then i might contemplate going

Go to Blackpool at end of month and pasaje del terror is also a no no :/ Halloween is just not goin to be the same this year :/

You two that are opting not to go, can I ask how far along you are ?

i'm going to the corn maze this year. We will be in a group and I'll be in the middle. I'll be 17 weeks.

I will be 26 weeks next week and we are going to a haunted house widely known for the scare. I've actually just asked this question on my mommies group page and not one person said do not go.

I will be 16 weeks...two of the horror mazes are in the big mansion, which is derelict rest of the year! Very unlevel concrete floors, lots of concrete staircases, very dark, and very intense at times with strobing.

Alton towers costs a lot to get in so even tho it wud be great to go for the atmosphere, its sadly not worth the money to not go on rides or the mazes :/

We go for the fireworks a week later tho :)

Oh ok. Ya where I will be going is actually built to ADA compliance so the walkways are safe and lighted

Now something like that i wouldn't mind, alton towers do things extreme lol, and it is for thrill seekers :)

Maybe i could look for somethin a bit laidback so i still get my fix :)

Absolutely go!!!!!

Steer clear of rides but enjoy everything else there is!

If you are used to it, I would say go! I went to Knotts scary farm a few years back, and I HATE being scared, but I loved it!! Tons of fun! I wouldn't go now while pregnant only because I am a wuss and I know my heart would be racing the whole time. PLus, my belly is getting bigger and I would be worried about other people bumping into it in the dark. However, you are not far along enough to worry about that. If you enjoy that sort of thing, I don't see why you can't go have fun! Even some of the small rides, like the mine ride are safe for pregnant ladies from what I remember.

Spoke face to face with my doctor today said to go ! Yay he said no danger to baby at all :)

I am 25+1 today and traditionally, would begin going this weekend. Glad to hear you are planning to go and hope you have a fabulous time!

I'm a big baby so I wouldn't do anything scary pregnant or not pregnant :haha::haha:
However if we can afford it I plan on doing the fair this year :thumbup: I think the ONLY ride I'd go on would be a merry go round with my daughter :haha:

No advice but just wanted to say that I may end up going to that same thing. I'm in san diego, but my in laws live in silverado, so go to knotts often. Not sure I'll go now that I can't really do rides.

The only thing I would suggest is to check their policy in advance. I wanted to go through a haunted attraction a couple years ago while pregnant, but was not allowed to because of liability issues. Some places err on the side of caution. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->