Labor Watch!--MY UPDATE, hes here!!! pictures page 50-51. birth story somewhere befor

any of you guys getting a sweep? I got an app tomorrow (which the midwife was sure I wouldn't make last time -meh) so hoping I can get sweep.

Really want baby to turn on Thursday as I want his birthday to be the 10/10 as my sons is the 4/4.

LOL hormones are awesome. I'm such a crab the last several days. DH has been talking about getting a pick up truck and asked me a few weeks ago what color I liked for the truck. I said dark grey. Since then he keeps showing me vehicles asking "like this grey?" And every time its been light grey. Just different shades of light greys. Yesterday driving back from the mall he points to a truck and asks if its that grey, I was already so mad that my contractions had stopped, I snapped on him and was like "Omg no. Not that grey. Dont ask me again, forget I ever said anything about grey and just pick the stupid color yourself, I don't want anything to do with the stupid color of your stupid truck that I'm not even going to drive. So lets shutup about it now ok?" He just stared at me then started laughing and said "You're hilarious.", which didn't help. Apparently I'm hilarious when hormonal and cranky! :dohh: Last night while baby was kicking the crap out of me after I had a huge bowl of ice cream I just stared at my stomach, then was like "GET. OUT. OF. MY. BELLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" It disnt work. I'm still pregnant today. :)

I haven't had a sweep or stretch, even though my exam was uncomfortable. Is there a requirement of being so dilated to get it done? Like, at least so dilated or so far effaced?

I'm always screaming at him to get out. It doesn't work. I think they're more comforted by our voices and decide to stay at least another 3 days.

Also, ha, I wish my OH thought I was funny when I'm mad. He just gets mad back and says "your pregnancy isn't an excuse to snap at me!" I'm like, Oh I'll show you snap. alsdjgakjg lol.

If my doc offers Wed at my appt I am totally taking a sweep. Even if its not a guarantee, its a chance.

I haven't had a sweep or stretch, even though my exam was uncomfortable. Is there a requirement of being so dilated to get it done? Like, at least so dilated or so far effaced?

I don't think there is, my best friend had a sweep with her daughter and she was tightly closed. It didn't work, but they still tried.

I'm always screaming at him to get out. It doesn't work. I think they're more comforted by our voices and decide to stay at least another 3 days.

Also, ha, I wish my OH thought I was funny when I'm mad. He just gets mad back and says "your pregnancy isn't an excuse to snap at me!" I'm like, Oh I'll show you snap. alsdjgakjg lol.

LOL he should watch it, whether your excuse is good or not matters not to an overdue, ready to be done, super uncomfortable Mama to be that HE impregnated haha! I'm glad dh is taking it with a grain of salt when I snap and not letting it get to him...I don't mean to do it at the time, and feel bad later. He's always been this way though, he's easy going

My doc doesnt do sweeps, but has already offered my an induction. If I haven't had baby by Wednesday at my appt. then I am going to take it! I don't see this baby coming out on it's own...I know I am also being quite pessimistic lol but I can't help it.. at this point with my daughter I had already had her for over a week.

What happens with a sweep? I get the stretch part. I don't know if they do either in Canada. Although it feels like my obgyn is punching my cervix with checks :(

I definitely keep tossing back and forth the idea of induction lol. But this week SUCKS because I know how long inductions can take, my mom will be out on a trail running for 30 miles on Saturday. I wouldn't feel nearly as bad about doing the induction this week anyway but she's already tried doing this same ultra marathon 2 different times already lol.

I sat on the couch with a bowl of ice cream BAWLING watching an episode of Parenthood where one of the ladies gives birth... My mom comes in and asked what was wrong, and I just lost it because I didn't know if I could handle delivery lol. Even though obviously its a fictional show so its dramatized. Shit is ridiculous!!!

Foxy, I had some pains, but the pains did nothing but make me uncomfortable :(

What happens with a sweep? I get the stretch part. I don't know if they do either in Canada. Although it feels like my obgyn is punching my cervix with checks :(

I've never even thought about asking for a sweep either.

Awwww :( My induction with my daughter took a total of 10 hours from start of pitocin to pushing her out. My waters broke 4 hours before that. This time I know it would be MUCH quicker...I'd like to think anyway. My cervical checks also make me hurt/bleed after so I don't know what a sweep would even feel like. Sex doesn't hurt though, but doesn't help labor to come for me either. Im jjsut thinking this baby wants in here forever.

I've too come to terms that he's going to be in there forever :cry: :haha:

I hear inductions can take longer if your cervix isn't already prepared, so I'm PRAYING all this pain I've been in will have done SOMETHING for my cervix and will make everything favorable. If not, then I'll hold out another week I guess and try again next Monday. :(

Well, they can make your cervix favourable with Cervadil... It only dilated me a cm or 2, but it softened me enough for them to break my water and start pitocin.

But I suggest avoid induction if you can. Baby most likely will come on his own... Eventually.

When is your appt today Amsan? I hope your cervix has changed some!!! Mine is considered "very favorable" according to the doc..Last wed I was over 2cm dilated, 50% effaced, cervix soft and low. I've had lots more pains too this past week, but I'm pretty much thinking they have done absolutely nothing, just like the week before this! lol

I would like to avoid induction. The thing about induction is there really isn't "early stage" contractions. It seems to bring on strong contractions very quickly. And if your body is slowly doing the work right now without that intense pain and more just being "uncomfortable", it's less work for later really. At least you're able to get SOME form of rest during these early stages when it's moving so slowly. It sucks being uncomfortable, and all I want to do is complain, but if I can make it to a 4 or 5 like this without being in agony, that would be great. I guess that's just the way I see it. However, should 41 weeks come around and I'm still pregnant I'd probably be singing a whole different tune lol.

I had a sweep last time and if sent me into labour 12 hrs later...hence hoping for one tomorrow. I would like to avoid induction simply coz you have to be strapped to a bed for most of it....and realllly want to try and do it with out an epidural if possible.

You ladies taking EPO...meant to be pretty good at ripening cervix. I keep forgetting i put it up there...and waking up thinking ive lost my plug...but it not.

Awwww :( My induction with my daughter took a total of 10 hours from start of pitocin to pushing her out. My waters broke 4 hours before that. This time I know it would be MUCH quicker...I'd like to think anyway. My cervical checks also make me hurt/bleed after so I don't know what a sweep would even feel like. Sex doesn't hurt though, but doesn't help labor to come for me either. Im jjsut thinking this baby wants in here forever.

I know a couple of ladies who got induced 2nd time round and labour was less then 3hrs. So maybe there some hope to it. Although imagine that would be a pretty intense 3 hrs.

Still only dilated to a one :( no induction.

It's alright :( my body is just being difficult!! Praying I either go on my own or am dilated to a 3 next week lol. Everything else is favorable he said. But I have to be dilated to a 3 before they'll consider it because he doesn't want it to end up in a c section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->