Labor Watch Thread

Can I join you? I'm 40+1 and ready to go! LO is so low that we can't try sex to get things going (DH can't get in :blush:) so I'm just sticking with clary sage oil (it really seemed to help with getting things going/carrying labour on with my 2nd) which brought on some BH's last night. I'd been using epo but every evening I think labour might start and I don't want to be leaking epo when I'm in labour in case they think I have an infection or something :dohh:. I have a sweep booked for Thursday, impatient!

Dont forget.. Sex works for two reasons, because semen softns the cervix.. But also by your orgasm causing contractions.. And i think your dh can still make that one happen without sex ;)

Oh man we've tried but I am so swollen and sensitive that there is just no way. We haven't had sex or any funtime for me in almost a week, I am so bummed thinking that it could be another 4-8 weeks without! :cry:

I'm 38+4 & no sign! Just nothing. I want to meet my LO now & everyone around me seems to be having theirs early so now it's just me. I have been walking to try to shake it down even more, I just think it's too comfy & I'm well sealed!! Sending labour dust to all those inpatiently waiting too!

Lol Eleanor, don't tell me that. I already got mad at dh this morning for the lack of sex over the last week

I'm on labour watch! Although i'm not expecting to go anytime yet at 37+1 today.

DS was only 2 days late but my waters went on my due date so my head tells me this baby will be on time and not early, I only get bad back ache and slight peiod type aches but nothing more realy :(

Lol Eleanor, don't tell me that. I already got mad at dh this morning for the lack of sex over the last week

:haha: sorry! If it makes you feel better I was still able to dtd every day until 38.5 weeks, and with my last 2 we were able to dtd up until the day they were born!

We did last night and I thought it was pretty uncomfortable and then after when I went to the restroom I had the sensation of a uti. All is good today though.

I don't mind doing it from like a side angle lol.. but dh does say it feels weird, like shallow.
I typically get stronger bh after sex and lose a bit of plug. But other then that its just the tiredness that keeps me from doing it lol

I've been having painless tightenings regularly for 3 weeks but I think this baby is spending a lot of time back to back though she swivels to the side too. Got a ball yesterday so trying to get her into a better position. Do not want to have to start making decisions about induction :(

Mississippi03 that's exactly what my DH told me last time! It was a strange sensation for both of us (still enjoyable) although I can still walk an hour a day and clean the house with a toothbrush! I'm hoping it's a sign she has moved down a good bit

Mississippi03 that's exactly what my DH told me last time! It was a strange sensation for both of us (still enjoyable) although I can still walk an hour a day and clean the house with a toothbrush! I'm hoping it's a sign she has moved down a good bit

Theres been once or twice it actually hurts to dtd but most often its ok!

I never knew how exhausting being on labour watch was! You'd seriously think being my fourth I'd have a clue lol My first two started off with a sudden breaking of my waters, no doubt we were in business. Third in hospital and an AROM, this time I am waiting for spontaneous labour and I have no idea what I waiting on!!

Last night I was up until 1am as I couldn't get comfortable, back was constant aching and BH's frequent and stopping me from sleeping so I ended up with a heat pack and decided if baby was ready I could be ready too but then next thing I know it's 4am and nothing happened! Like seriously! :haha: what's that all about heeheee!!

I never knew how exhausting being on labour watch was! You'd seriously think being my fourth I'd have a clue lol My first two started off with a sudden breaking of my waters, no doubt we were in business. Third in hospital and an AROM, this time I am waiting for spontaneous labour and I have no idea what I waiting on!!

Last night I was up until 1am as I couldn't get comfortable, back was constant aching and BH's frequent and stopping me from sleeping so I ended up with a heat pack and decided if baby was ready I could be ready too but then next thing I know it's 4am and nothing happened! Like seriously! :haha: what's that all about heeheee!!

Lol i hear ya.. I feel like this baby will take his sweet time. No clue what to look for, when to expect him lol nothing.. Its too bad we cant just push a button and make it happen on our own time lol

Until then :coffee:

So earlier tonight dh and i dtd.. Then when i went pee after i wiped this peachy/pale brown colour. Only that one time and it was gone.
We went to the movies and i had this low back ache the whole time.. Lying in bed with a heating pad on it now..
But when i went to the bathroom theres a few spots of that same colour on my panty liner.. Nothing to write home about and im sure its just from dtd and will bugger off soon

Went and got some EPO finally, crossing my fingers it helps things move along!

I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence, but my contractions have gotten more intense since starting EPO on Wednesday. I've had loads of BH the past couple weeks, but some were much stronger the past few days. No checks, but it feels like stuff is happening.

Ooh ladies I hope there's some baby news for someone soon! I had a few strong contractions yesterday, I could feel that pinching dilation feeling and hoped labour was starting, but nope! Then in the evening I was having back contractions and again it lead to nothing. It's making me remember the pain from last time which I'd happily forgotten, now I'm getting a bit nervous! One fo my friends is 4 weeks behind me, she keeps texting me moaning about no signs of labour, it's starting to really bug me- no que jumping! :blush:

I lost my plug tonight! Not sure if its all of it but its for sure a significant amount of it. No bloody show with it which kind of sucks because i know i could still be weeks out

Can I join you ladies? I'm 40+6 today. I'm hoping something happens naturally before I have to be induced at 40+12. I've tried raspberry leaf tea, bouncing on my birthing ball and dtd but nothing has worked yet! :(

I've not had any BHs or lost my plug yet. I've got a midwife appointment tomorrow morning where they will offer to do a stretch & sweep. So we'll see if that works or not. FX'd

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->