Labour

Steph

Reaction score
Ok...

i want the truth, and i'll experience it for myself so i'll hunt you down if you lie...

is it as bad as they say??

:hugs:

lol, its the most painful thing you'll go through if you decide to do it without meds. Even with meds it can bloody hurt like me. Not even the epi was enough to dull the pain but I got it bad with the vaccum and forceps with my son. But its completely worth it when you see the baby for the first time. Its the most magical feeling in the world.:cloud9:

I think the more prepared you are going into it, the better. Research all the birth methods to see which one suits you & your partner the best & study, study, study... the more people you talk to, the more info you read or see, the better.

It's VERY painful, but it'll go much quicker if you are as relaxed as possible & don't fight the contractions. Try to do whatever makes you relaxed... I enjoyed leaning on my bed while sitting on an excercise ball and just breathing through contractions. I know that with my first labor, I fought it. I was uncomfortable, rushed, etc. My 2nd labor, I was completely comfortable in my environment & when I had the baby, I had it, no rush. My TOTAL labor was 5 1/2 hours. 3 or so hours at home & 2 at the hospital. It was BEAUTIFUL!! No meds, no IV, no nothing!! I intended to do it med-free, but I don't think I would have had a choice, I progressed so quickly. I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Good luck with your delivery!! :hugs:

Best for me and my partner???You mean best for me and best for him not being strangled...

i take all the meds please

thanks for your advice :D

my labour was ok actually.. i had gas and air which was wonderful and the only thing i could think of at the time was the amount of energy it was taking to push Rhys out. i was totally shattered and really didnt think i had the strength to do it. the pain was tolerable and once he was out the memory of labour just melted away.

im not worrying about going through it again because if i did it once on just gas and air then i can do it again no problem :)

I was induced (took 3 days lol) and I had terrible back pain and could barely move or it hurt, took me over 2 hours of pushing before he came out and I had 13 stitches inside and out.
I won't lie to you it was excrutiatingly painful but I did it with just Gas & Air which I'm rather proud of lol and like Terrie said, once you have the little bundle on your chest all the pain melts away.
I was joking with the midwife after about her getting all the best jobs whilst she was stitching my nether regions :rofl:
I would do it again in a heartbeat.

What I hated thought was the bleeding after, for the first day or so its really heavy and uncomfortable so be prepared.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Cx

is it as bad as they say??

Yes. :shock:

Sorry hun, I ain't gonna lie - I hated everything about Kayleigh's birth.

But, each and every birth is different, and as long as you go in there with your eyes wide open, you'll be fine.:hugs:

And look - I did it again, and am planning on another!

am i weird to think my labour was ok? i hope its not worse this time!

I really wish I hadnt read this! haha

My mom had all 6 of us at home without meds, so from the time I found out, I decided I'm not going to have the meds. It will probably hurt like hell, but I would rather feel it and know I did it without being drugged. If she could do it with 6, I'm sure I could do it with 1.

when i first went into labour the contractions wer really strong and yes they hurt i had epidural in the end and that was a relief i couldnt hardly feel much from waist down after that legs felt like pins n needles i think tho if u dont keep still while putting it in some women can still feel 1 half of their body pains n all my friend did,
anyway i was in labour for 18 hrs then i was pushing for ages and she wasnt coming they tried ventouse 3 times still no luck so i ended up having emergency c-section turns out her head was looking up hope urs goes smoothly though

ok.........

i don't want to do the labour bit AT ALL!!

I have written the same thing a fair few times on this forum I think, labour hurts a lot but all women are going to have a different experience. I thought I couldn't cope with pain at all, but to be honest.. I think I did pretty well. I had terrible back pain for days before I gave birth, was left in a corridoor for a few hours because they had no rooms and still managed to give birth fairly calmly when the time came. I had gas and air and gave birth in a water pool, I had 1 stitch. Like everyone says, as soon as you hold your baby, you don't notice how much pain you were in!

You will find the pain hard no doubt, or then again you may be lucky and not know what all the fuss is about! I definitely want more children (although I wasn't saying that whilst I was giving birth lol) and I bet you will go on to have more as well. It's a few hours of pain for the best gift you can imagine.

Aww thanks Tilly...*thanks*

Everyone talking about getting clued up has helped so i'm gonna try and prep as far in advance as possible.

Like if i know when and how to breathe through the pain, what to think of instead of the pain, how to do it etc etc

Stay.Focussed. And get to 6 weeks before worrying about it haha

Thats ok.

Try not to read the bad stuff, I started reading "what if things go wrong" in my baby book and scared myself. My mum told me off, so I decided not to go there again. With breathing exercises etc, I don't think you need to read up about how to do that.. when you need to do it, it comes naturally.

Do you know what pain relief you're having yet? if at all.

had a bad pregnancy, easy labour, 10 min with my son 15 min with my daughter, it does hurt, just had gas and air, they did not break my waters, so i was pushing and pushing and it felt like a ballon full of water, it popped the midwife was about to put her apron on, just went all over her. i am surprise no one is having home births x

My mother had three of four kids natural.. including me.. I was her first.. NO meds.. TEN POUNDS! :shock:
I am definitally taking ALL THE MEDS.. this is my first, but I already know it will hurt. I dont have a high tolerance to pain and am expecting a big baby (we were both BIG), I will deal wiht it though as long as I dont have to have a c-section.. I want to be able to hold him and have those few bonding moments with him right after he comes out.

i had my son in canada, and he came out so fast he tore me outside and in, had to have loads of stiches, they had to get a surgen to stitch me up, there was my doctor, the surgen, my legs up in the air, and they were talking about going bloody golfing, you lose your dignerty

I have a really low pain threshold so everything at this stage,obviously its something i need to think about nearer the time.

Still getting my head round the idea of actually being pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->