• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lack of appetiite and BFing?

cabaretmum2b

Scarlett's Mummy!
Reaction score
I've had a really low appetite recently, probably due to PND, and haven't been able to eat much at all even when I'm really hungry - 3 meals a day sounds like a luxury!
I'm really worried that this will have an impact on my breastfeeding. Even though I have still got lots of milk, I worry that Scarlett isn't getting enough from it and that she's going to be hungry. Her weight is lower than it should be, but the people at the baby clinic said this was ok because she's breastfed. Do you think she might be bigger if I could eat more?
I just feel really bad about it at the moment - I do try to eat for her, but I find it really difficult and feel really guilty, especially as when I tell people how old she is they always say she's small for her age. I really feel like I'm doing something wrong :cry:

Ive had a really low appetite as well. But my LO is healthy. Just make sure that when you are hungry to eat something nutritional. And try to get some tiny snacks in throughout the day.

Dont worry .. its not your fault .. breast fed babys dont put on as much weight ..

my lo was breastfed .. hes five months and at a baby group i go to theres a 4 month like almost double his size ...

but its great that you breastfeed .. dont worry :) xxx Tarah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"