Ladies 29+ TTC - let's chat here!

Worrisome - oh how tedious that those test don't seem to show a proper line - did you see a faint line again this am? Keeping my fingers crossed!!!xx I so want either af to start properly now or for it to stop completely so that I can keep my dreams about early pregnancy spotting... dh thinks I'm definitely out as "you can't bleed like this if you're pregnant surely" - but it doesn't come on properly and I don't need a tampon or towel or even pantyliner so what am I supposed to think?! Have been spotting for 5 days now, brown, pink and red. Aararrg! What do you ladies think? A strange af right?

I do know that IB can last upto 6 days I think, I will try and found some more info on it for you. Petite, just remind me where you on the pill before or not? Do you get ov signs, like the pain in the side? Also was it last month that you got lots of ewcm throughout the month or was that month before?

With these tests from what I can see on wee stick gallery its more like a smudgey line that you get, so yes there was a faint shadow of a smudge :rofl: The one the other day though was a blue think prominent line, like someone had drawn a line with a pen. I also got one with a dot that appeared where the line should be as though not enough ink or maybe hcg to form a line, if that makes sense, they could be dudd tests though, but there from Baby mad who people rate.

Worrisome -I wasn't on the pill...the ewcm throughout the month was the month before - this month I had it just for two days.. I don't get ov symptoms apart from ewcm... gotta go but will be back shortly xx

Well that sounds like you defo ov, I was perhaps thinking of an anovulatory (sorry spll) as you can have light bleeds with this but I would say the fact that you had ewcm and then stopped is a very good sign, off now to find some info on IB for you.

Ok Petite found this for you hun.

What is implantation bleeding?

Implantation bleeding occurs when a fertilised egg attaches itself to the wall of the womb.

During implantation the tissue surrounding the fertilised egg burrows into the endometrium (the lining of the uterus), forming links with the mother's blood supply and body tissue that will gradually develop into the baby's lifeline for the next 9 months, the placenta. It is during the attachment process that a small amount of blood may be released.

What does implantation bleeding look like?

Most women report experiencing implantation bleeding as light spotting that's either light pink or brown in colour. Unlike menstruation it tends only to appear over a period of one - three days and is usually intermittent rather than a regular flow that becomes heavier over time.

When does it occur?

Implantation bleeding tends to occur before menstruation is expected, this is usually between six and twelve days after ovulation. Most women experience menstruation approximately 14 days after ovulation however this will depend on your individual cycle.

How common is implantation bleeding?

Contrary to popular belief, not all women experience implantation bleeding. In fact, it's thought that only a third of women experience this phenomenon. However, because of the similarity of implantation bleeding to the early stages of menstruation it is possible that some women simply miss its occurrence. That said, if you're trying for a baby it is also very easy to misread menstrual spotting as implantation bleeding. For this reason, while early spotting can be an indicator of pregnancy it's always best to wait to test until after the date your period was due.

How to spot implantation bleeding

While there is no way of being 100% sure whether spotting is an implantation bleed until you have missed a period there are a couple of useful indicators that can help you check.
Appearance - Implantation bleeding tends to be a lighter pink/brown colour rather than the dark red that's usual for menstrual blood.

Timing - If you conceive you will experience implantation bleeding before your period is due, usually around 9 days after you ovulate.

Duration - Implantation bleeding tends only to last for a day or two and occurs intermittently.

Heaviness - Unlike the progressively heavy flow of a menstrual period, implantation bleeding tends only to occur as light spotting or coloured discharge

sounds promising Petite!

And yes I agree - 9 months is a long time to go without a drink! Although I managed to get myself tipsy a couple of times whilst pregnant but having just one glass of wine! Such a light weight. I allowed myself about 10 units throughout the whole preg. Am not much of a drinker so could do without tbh. But while we were on holiday in mallorca (when that radiant and lovely picture was taken) I had 2 piss weak sex on the beach cocktails during the week - yummy! And while on a second holiday at camber 'hovel from hell' sands (in a pontins camp that looked like a cross between a coucil estate and a concentration camp) I had 2 smirnoff ices all week. Then there were a few large family occasions.

Plus if you are going to breastfeed thats up to another year without as well!! Unfortunately I didn't get on well with it so had to turn to the bottle after 5 weeks. Shame. Gonna try again with this one!!!

Am utterly convinced I will have a boy next time (he's even named) and I dont think I will have a baby girl at all. All boys for me. A few years ago if you'd told me I'd have a boy I'd have said UGH take it back!! But when I got preg with Harry i suddenly had a change of heart and desperately wanted a little boy. Was so happy when we saw his little dinkie on the scan that I burst into tears!!!

Aww thanks Worrisome!! :hugs: That's really nice of you to dig out that information for me. Looking at the first few days when I had brown spotting it defo looks like IB, as it happened about 7 days after I prob ov, but since then I've also had some red spotting and it's now been going on for 6 days... So I guess it can't be :( xx

DM -ah that's lovely, I hope you'll soon have a little brother for Harry! I did have three glasses of wine at our friends' house where we went for dinner... still no blood or spotting since this morning, strange and annoying!! This is so weird.

Sleep well my lovelies and speak to you later xx

Hi everyone, petite you were up late lol. Hope your ok today hun, how are things?
Well did another test and hubby walked in so had to tell him, didnt want to raise his hopes, he can see a very faint line on the one this morning and agrees the one the other day is blue when should be pink, very strange. So gonna just call it a false alarm, if temps still high in a few days may get a fre, looks likes Im either 16dpo or 13 dpo. I dont think I will use the ic again though, very very confusing.

Also when I am testing straight away a 2nd line is coming up, sometimes it fades a little but sometimes dissapears, I wonder if just not enough hcg or am I clutching at straws.
Not going of symptons as had loads last month and was the pill hormones.

Oh sorry will stop waffling in a min lol. the one with a line on this morning seemed to be a different looking test same but thinner.

Hi everyone
I just wanted to add that sometimes there is a lot of scare mongering about the "age" thing. I will be 34 a few weeks after my LO is due but me and OH got pregnant first month trying with no complications so far fingers crossed. I had assumed it would take ages and ages but its not all doom and gloom like the media would make us believe sometimes

Fingers crossed for you all.

Good morning ladies,

Quick note to say
Let's Go :bfp:!!

Just wanted to share the PMA. Hope all are well!!

Petite and Worrisome,
Still holding my breath for the both of you. So want this for everyone here (but Dragonmummy, if I see one more pregnant and unworthy woman, I'll probably explode :hissy::hissy::hissy:!!)

Welcome to the newbies,
Here's to hoping July is THE month!!!

Thanks Ponymomma, I think its just my cruel body though lol. I mean I dont even know if I ovd only going of silly ff, arggghhhh seems so lon since I had an af, I am so premental its unreal. Sorry bringing the pma down.

Heres to bfp to us all :dust:

Here's to PMA! Thanks for that, Ponymomma!! I so desperately need the PMA right now ... CD3 today and can't wait to get started for July ...

pmsl @ Ponymama!!

Worrisome keep with the PMA and test again on Wedesday. I'm testing too in the morning we can do it together. But not in the same room, that would be weird....

Ok DM its a date :rofl: unless I chicken out, or temp drops.

What we testing with FRE or Ic?

Pootle33 - thanks hun for the encouragement re age! And congrats on your pregnancy!! Hope to soon be able to join you :) You're so right, media blows this up so much and we shouldn't get disheartened as there are plenty of women over 30 who have their first child!

ponymomma - yay :bfp: :bfp: :bfp: this month!! Sending lots of :dust: to you and to everyone!

DM and worrisome - good plan, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both and soooo hope you'll both be back to tell us some good news!!!

Nothing else has happened, just the same as the last few days; some blood on the tissue, period pain and period belly, and gassy as well today (tmi hehe)...

When I was shopping with dh today I was all of a sudden convinced af was coming (had the familiar stomach feeling and I could almost feel the blood coming) - and as she's been hesitating so cruelly all week I knew she would come with a vengeance - so I panicked and rushed into a pub loo just to find...nothing!! Only got some blood on the tissue (only had that once today).

If it weren't for the fresh red blood I would be convinced I was pregnant but red blood can't mean pregnancy can it...?

PM my AF did that last month - I had 3 weeks of cramping plus a week of spotting and cramping and constantly feeling like it was gonna GO.... then it finally did. Hope it's not the case for you hun but if it is, get it out the bloody way Witchy so she can start again!!!

Worrisome - shall we splash out with a FRER? We can both test with FMU then see what happens....

Ooh Im scared to, I had all the symptons last month and they where all bfn, even though come to think of it only used cheap tests lol. I suppose we will know either way though, shall we see how we feel in the morning, will need to pee in a cup :rofl:

Petite, it still sounds like IB to me hun, when did you last test, dont want to get hopes up but why not join our testing frenzy tommorow.

Pootle, sorry hi hun. bit self absorbed of me there, thanks for sharing

Hi everyone

Right despite my best efforts I AM symptom spotting and as we speak I am sitting here trying not to throw up.... I am covered in spots (unusual these days) and my hair is lank and greasy at the end of every day and needs washing. I am getting uterus pinching, I have constipation and today at work I was so bloated that I was walking around with my trousers unbuttoned and theyre TOO BIG for me!

Sigh... what have I become....

all I will say is Ditto hun, just hoping its not the pill hormones still in there.
Sorry your feeling grotty hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->