Ladies 29+ TTC - let's chat here!

AF got me last night. Ironically I came on at midnight - the witching hour!

Anyhew it's really heavy and I am having to spend the day on the sofa in my jammies with a duvet as it is an evil one.

I'm ok about it - even with all the symptoms I didn't believe it. I didn't feel pregnant, although I wanted to be. Good news is as of next week (august) we are officially Trying To Get Pregnant rather than just trying our luck. And I have ditched my shitty thermometer (that has on some occasions measured me as hypothermic/clinically dead) and started fresh with Harry's other one.

Ho hum... off to die...

Aww DM im so sorry. I guess it didn't help that we all thought u were :(. fxd for next time xxx

Hi Cobo! We're in Charlotte - Not sure where murphy is...coast, mountains?

Man, this site is REALLY addicting. Why work when you can read about Cervical Mucus, Aunt Flow, hard nipples and obsessing over 2ww!

It is in the mountains. Very close to Tennesse and Georgia.

I know what ya mean about the obsessing. We are trying to take the natural approach to getting preggers. Since coming across this site though I find myself checkin CM and wanting to POAS. :loopy:

Hello you lovely ladies out there!

I've met so many lovely girls on here but I'm starting to feel slightly old :huh: Is there anyone else around 30 who is TTC? Let's get together in our search for the :bfp:!

DH and I have only just starting TTC and now I'm soooo impatient waiting for my next ov date which is around 17 May = aaaages :hissy: But I'm soooo happy we've finally started trying!!

What about you? :coolio:

My DH and I have been trying for 14 months and are both in our 40's and have had tests which i might add we were really pleased with as we are in excellent health in that area.
this month i O on 18th july and and bd everyday and am now 5dpo and have been feeling sick, extremely tired, dizzy at times , peeing for england, sore nipples, gasy, backache mild headaches and am now getting really impatient knowing i have to wait soooooo loong to do a hpt but hopefully this is our month so dont give up relax and let it happen Baby dust to all us ladies over 30 :flower:

My DH and I have been trying for 14 months and are both in our 40's and have had tests which i might add we were really pleased with as we are in excellent health in that area.
this month i O on 18th july and and bd everyday and am now 5dpo and have been feeling sick, extremely tired, dizzy at times , peeing for england, sore nipples, gasy, backache mild headaches and am now getting really impatient knowing i have to wait soooooo loong to do a hpt but hopefully this is our month so dont give up relax and let it happen Baby dust to all us ladies over 30 :flower:[/QUOTE]

Welcome! Argh the dreaded TWW! Lol. Much baby dust to you! I hope you get your BFP!

I caved - of course a BFN. I KNOW its too early. Why'd I waste that $$? Oh yeah...because I'm INSANE and can't take the suspense!

I feel for you Im hoping I can hold out.... The $$$ part is a killer though....uuugh... Thanks for the welcoming.. Woot Woot -- lol Glad to hear you got out of the NY rat race...lol... Sometimes people just fly thru the day and life in general... They need to slow down and smell the roses... Good luck with your next test :dust: I'm going to be anxiously waiting to take mine I think I have 11 days left until AF, we'll see how long I can hold out... :wacko:

Girls get a good stock of internet cheapie tests - then the $$$ (or £££ in my case!!!) isn't such an issue as theyre only pennies. Then you can test whenever the fancy takes you!!!

Not posted on this thread for a while so :hi: to all the newbies!
One week into the tww, determined to wait another week before poas! (last cycle i was on 2 a day!) Absolutely no symptoms whatsoever - actually, i've never felt better!
Bad luck Dragonmummy, was following your progress on another thread and was convinced you were, nasty :witch:!

God, me too crackle - but I am all geared up for next cycle!

My other half doesn't seem to have the faintest idea how this works though!!! He said he doesnt want to worry about ovulation and we'll just go for it and see what happens. He was a bit baffled when I told him that I am only fertile for 3 days a month - he said er what about all those teenagers who just go out and get pregnant? I said well perhaps because they had unprotected sex on one of those fertile days? He cannot comprehend that we can't get pregnant on any day and I think he has an image of me phoning him while at work, demanding he comes home. I did tell him that stage is a good year or so away yet!!!!

And bless him, last cycle when I told him I was ovulating, he came home with chocolate, doughnuts and nurofen!!!

Ha Ha! Had a huge go at DH last week for not taking enough interest in the whole thing! Like yours he seems to think i'm lying about there being such a short time period where it's possible to get pregnant! Now he's bugging me cos he keeps asking how my temperature is every day (?!?). Saying that, I had 4 pos opk's in a row last week so made him :sex: for 6 days in a row - we've been together over 7 years and never done that before! Poor thing is shattered! And the last couple of times we did it I laughed because when he came he pushed inside me really hard - obviously trying to get it further up or something! :rofl: When (pma!) i do get pregnant he'll be relieved i reckon!

Ha Ha! Had a huge go at DH last week for not taking enough interest in the whole thing! Like yours he seems to think i'm lying about there being such a short time period where it's possible to get pregnant! Now he's bugging me cos he keeps asking how my temperature is every day (?!?). Saying that, I had 4 pos opk's in a row last week so made him :sex: for 6 days in a row - we've been together over 7 years and never done that before! Poor thing is shattered! And the last couple of times we did it I laughed because when he came he pushed inside me really hard - obviously trying to get it further up or something! :rofl: When (pma!) i do get pregnant he'll be relieved i reckon!

Mine got it 5 times in a week on my ov week - he kept looking around for the Christmas tree!!! I think mine is being overly casual because A) he is secretly hoping it will take a while to save some money and B) if we're trying too hard he might look like a failure.

I told him I'm not going to tell him anything now and just jump on him! Crackle it sounds like your DH has been doing his homework, bless him!!! Mine seems to think I have a period then an egg just sits in my womb waiting to be fertilised until the next period comes along....

God, me too crackle - but I am all geared up for next cycle!

My other half doesn't seem to have the faintest idea how this works though!!! He said he doesnt want to worry about ovulation and we'll just go for it and see what happens. He was a bit baffled when I told him that I am only fertile for 3 days a month - he said er what about all those teenagers who just go out and get pregnant? I said well perhaps because they had unprotected sex on one of those fertile days? He cannot comprehend that we can't get pregnant on any day and I think he has an image of me phoning him while at work, demanding he comes home. I did tell him that stage is a good year or so away yet!!!!

And bless him, last cycle when I told him I was ovulating, he came home with chocolate, doughnuts and nurofen!!!

LMAO!!!! bless him!!

Mine asks me all the time when o is... but you`d think after 10 months he would kinda get the idea by now??? lol Men!!!

Hi Lottie btw!

PMSL - it's a basic 2 week pattern! How hard can it be?? Period, 2 weeks later ov, 2 weeks later period!!! Or BFP ideally!!!

Hi Lotti - welcome to our coven! xxx

my husband decided to tell me last night that this is all so not natural, temping, checking the mucous, opks etc but then in the next breath he's saying that it's good that I'm doing all that so that we know the best times..I can't help but feel like I'm pressurising him in to bd'ing and taking away the romance!! :cry:

I tell him that it's a good thing that we're only on cycle 2 then ;)

So, I've hidden the opks, my thermometer and will refrain from telling him that I've got EWCM and that we need to get jiggy NOW!!!!

Nicola xx

Men really are daft aren't they. When we were TTC DS2 my OH would have difficulty releasing the swimmers if i had given a slight indication that i was o'ing, so i just took my temps every morning and checked CP and for mucus and just :sex: when i felt the need. I told him nothing, not even when i was testing lol can u imagine the shock on his face when i told him we had a BFP, it was priceless.

Now that were TTC no.3 he doesn't want me temping etc, he wants to just let nature tale its course, but what he don't know is that i KNOW when i'm o'ing :haha:..........sucker :rofl: xxx

Hey Ladies, Happy Weekend. :happydance:

Well, not so happy for me. Started nasty ol' :witch: showed today. My cycle was only 25 days and I had nasty symptoms starting a week ago (see Maybe Baby thread...not gonna bore you with the details). So, onto August. Can't wait to start :sex: again! I'm thinking of fun, creative ways to keep it saucy in the bedroom! There's only so many sexy lil' panties, lingerie, etc. you can wear to help :spermy: move along! I was sad when :witch: showed, but OK now.

Nana I am all for a 25 day cycle - after any let down you don't have long to start again. My last one was 41 days!! With a bit of quick maths, a 25 day cycle means about 14 eggs a year to fertilise. A 41 day cycle is only 9 eggs per year :(

Oh no! 41 days! I'm so sorry! Maybe they'll start shortening up here soon!!! Fingers X'd!!!!!
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->