Ladies 29+ TTC - let's chat here!

Bloody hope so! Was my first proper cycle after BCP so I am sincerely hoping they start shrinking!!! A nice 24 day cycle will suit me. 41 I can handle when I am not TTC!!!

Hi im on cd45 and im sick of waiting for the :witch: to turn up. i've been a bit ratty for the past couple days and my chebs have been really sore so fxd it won't b long. As soon as she arrives i can start temping :)
xxx

Hi Ladies - I'm 31 in Oct and only just started ttc... after convincing DH it could take a while. It makes me laugh, I think he thought we would just decide and hey presto... out comes bambino!!

I'm not making a big thing out of temping or cm checking as I think he would freak out a little, he's also of the opinion it should be a "natural" thing, boys!! Oh and he thinks I'm obviously naturally very fertile... maybe because of my big hips?!! LOL! The thing is, we've been using the withdrawl method for 3 years and no scares...which is a little odd... but who knows... PMA and all that.

DPO 3... the 2ww arghhh!

Good luck ladies x x x
:dust:

Good luck Bec!

Moss I have never heard them called chebs before!!! How long you been trying now? What cycle you on? Are you fresh off BCP too?

We only decided about 3 weeks ago that we were going to try but i've havent took bcp since last december. Im not gonna fall that easy tho got at appointment for gyno in august so fxd they can sort me out lol. CHEBS is the way forward xxx

Hello lovely ladies!

Sorry I haven't been on here for ages, I've deliberately tried to stay off pregnancy stuff as it was all getting to me - all I could think of was trying to get pregnant and I didn't feel happy or excited about anything else. I have missed you all very much but I think I needed some time off it all...easy to say I suppose when I wasn't in my 2ww or anything...I bet I'll come on here more often for the coming weeks.

How is everyone?? DM - thanks for your lovely message hun! And sorry that the shitty witch got to you!!! Must be nice knowing that you'll start TTC 'for real' next month though!!!

I've started using OPK's this month but am a bit confused (naturally). I had a very weak line on Mon, Tue and Wed, then slightly stronger on Thu and yesterday it was nearly as strong as the control line, just slightly weaker. And then today, very weak again!! What does that mean?! That I didn't ov this month?! or that the 'nearly as strong' line meant that was it?

Hope you're all well - any exciting news since last time I was here?!

Welcome all new ones as well :hug:! xx

YAY! Youre back! I pretty much guessed your reasons for staying away for a bit. We all get it, don't worry!!!

I had 2 "really strong but not quite as strong as the control line" lines and they conincided with my tem rise so I took them as positives. Gotta love the cheapies!

Yep we are officially TTC as of next week and I cannot WAIT! I can actually make some proper attempts at keeping the soup in the bowl instead of furtive shenanigans!!

DM - hahaha how nice not having to be secretive about it all, tbh I can't believe how you managed it lol. It's really nice to be back, I realised how much I've missed this thread now I came back on it! We'll see how my new strategy goes of trying not to be here as much - I'll soon be in my 2ww so I doubt anything will stop me from going on here a thousand times a day again!!

Sounds promising (for me!) that you probably ov'd even though the line was not as strong as the control line...I hope that was it yesterday...bd'd this am and I will force poor dh to it tomorrow morning again ;)

We've actually booked a skiing holiday in Feb - we decided that we can't live like I'm pregnant before I actually am, and we can cancel it and get everything back until quite late, apart from deposit which I'll gladly pay if I get pg! So we've got that to look forward to at least, should I not be pg before then...although I find it hard to look forward to it in a way as I hope we will not be able to go...because of pg!!

xx

Haha!! Good on you! You can always transfer the deposit onto a holiday somewhere warm? We went to Majorca when I was 4 months preggers - was lovely!

Hi PM :hi: Welcome back, I reackon we all need a break now and again but it's like to coming out to coffee with an old and dear friend again when we come back.

Good to see you back PM. Hope you feeling ok about everything.
AF is due for me on Wed/ Thurs. I am not going to test because it just gets me down when it is a BFN! I definitely feel that she is on her way - BAH!!!
Roll on next month....
I also took the slightly lighter line to mean that I has ov'd.

Well.. the start of another cycle, back on CD3. I finally told my mum that we're TTC and she really helped me put it into perspective.. I was in such a state last month, temping and symptom spotting and letting my imagination run away with me.

Her advice was to take a couple of holidays and distract myself. Maybe it's an old wives tale, but she said if I focus on it, it won't happen. And I've got a feeling she might be right.. her advice was to just let nature take its course and hope that I don't get pg til January. I was like "why january?" and she said because clever babies are carried through the summer!... okaaayyy?!

I'm going to try to take her advice.. up to a point! I'm going to wean myself off gradually.. no temps this month, but I might do a couple of OPKs. My cycles are relatively regular so even without temping I've got a good chance of hitting the fertile window.. but an OPK would just give me that little bit extra confidence.

I'm going to book a weekend away too, just a b and b somewhere by the sea. And start some kind of non-baby-related project. See if I can fool my body into thinking I'm not bothered!

x

noja and tateypot - thanks :hugs: You're right Noja, it's a nice feeling to be back in this lovely, supportive group! how are you hun? Tateypot, fingers crossed the ugly witch doesn't show and you'll get a nice :bfp: this month!! Cool - I'll also take that nearly as dark line to mean I ov'd...fingers crossed!!! xx

chix - your mum is so right, we shouldn't spend all our time thinking and worrying about getting pregnant - we can't actually do much about it anyway (apart from bd'ing at exactly the right point!!). As long as we bd regularly we shouldn't think about it - but it's so difficult not to! I think it's a good idea to start a 'non baby' project and try to concentrate on that. Hubby and I just booked a skiing holiday with his family in Feb/March so I'm trying to look forward to that now. But it will take some time to trick my body into longing for skiing and not a baby!!!

Doing good ta PM but BFN this month. Such is life. Chix, I'm liking your mum's outlook. Will start planning lots of romantic breaks away right now!!....ok, I really mean dirty weekends :rofl:

I'm 33 and am TTC my first, now I feel old!!!

Would be great to chat to those of you who are in the same boat of TTC and are in their 30's.

All the best ladies

Nats xx

:thumbup:

I'm 33 and am TTC my first, now I feel old!!!

Would be great to chat to those of you who are in the same boat of TTC and are in their 30's.

All the best ladies

Nats xx

:thumbup:

:hi: and welcome xx

Hi Natsters! I'm 34 and will be 35 in October, welcome to the mad house!:happydance:

Hi Natsters! I'm 33 and ttc #1 too! Plenty of us 'oldies' on here and loads of them have had their bfp's so we'll be fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->