Ladies due in July

Hi ladies! I am due July 11! I have two girls already, 15 and 17. So it's like having my first all over again. Except this time I know more. haha

Hey :) just seen this thread!

I have a daughter called Isabella who is three on July 20th! Due July 5th with number two :)

I'm hoping for just gas and air so I may take a look at these breathing techniques! I would like it to be quick and painless but I don't think there's any chance of that

The thought of an epidural actually scares me more than labour at the mo... I'm not good with needles at all, let alone ones that go into your spine! And I get really panicked when I've been numbed at the dentist so not being able to feel my lower half would really panic me... Might be a different ball game if Labour's that painful!

I'm petrified of needles also and the thought of that in my back and the fact that it stays in there like an IV freaks me out even more. I have no idea what I Will do but I am scared either way!!

What??? It stays in?? They've got no chance... He will fly out as soon as the word epidurals mentioned now I know that haha

HAHA...ladies the needle doesn't stay in. A small flexible sterile plastic catheter stays in. Same thing with IV's. Initially there is a needle, but it comes right out and a small catheter stays in.

Blood work at 28 weeks. At 26 weeks i had my glucose testing (glucose blood level) and a complete blood count (CBC) to be sure i am not anemic and a syphilis test.

HAHA...ladies the needle doesn't stay in. A small flexible sterile plastic catheter stays in. Same thing with IV's. Initially there is a needle, but it comes right out and a small catheter stays in.

Blood work at 28 weeks. At 26 weeks i had my glucose testing (glucose blood level) and a complete blood count (CBC) to be sure i am not anemic and a syphilis test.

About me, FTM, due date July 7th with a little boy. :) can't wait!

I'm hoping for just gas and air so I may take a look at these breathing techniques! I would like it to be quick and painless but I don't think there's any chance of that

The thought of an epidural actually scares me more than labour at the mo... I'm not good with needles at all, let alone ones that go into your spine! And I get really panicked when I've been numbed at the dentist so not being able to feel my lower half would really panic me... Might be a different ball game if Labour's that painful!

I'm petrified of needles also and the thought of that in my back and the fact that it stays in there like an IV freaks me out even more. I have no idea what I Will do but I am scared either way!!

What??? It stays in?? They've got no chance... He will fly out as soon as the word epidurals mentioned now I know that haha

A friend of mine just told me, its like an iv.... I almost had a heart attack when I found out...

Ladies, can any of you tell us what an epidural is like (the whole process?) PLEASE!!

TMM - Well I can tell you what I remember lol, I had to sit on the bed and lean over the little table, and had to sit really really still whilst having contractions!!! I felt sick at the time too so I was concentrating very hard on not moving because they stressed that it was really important I didn't move so that the anaesthetist got the needle in the right place!! Now I don't remember the length of time as I was in my own little zone (which the stupid MW kept interrupting telling me to take gas and air but that was making me sicker!!) but apparently it actually took over half an hour for her to get the right place! But when she did I didn't feel the needle go in because the contractions were so painful it was like a drop in the ocean!
Also as soon as it went in it worked straight away. You can't feel it once it is in at all so you aren't aware that the little catheter is in there. And I have no idea when they took it out either!

Loup I think 28 week bloods are to check again for iron levels and anemia but I can't remember, but I have the anti d too next week. Choose to have it in the arm you don't use as much coz it does make your arm quite stiff and sore. Doesn't hurt to go in though but don't look as the MW does it!

Welcome Eris, T8ty and lmb!!

Hey Ladies,

I'm due July 7th with my third! I have two boys, and this will be our first little girl!! Just reading some of the last few comments I wanted to say a little something about an epidural…. It seems really scary when talking about it but it really wasn't bad for me at all! I had one with my last two and didn't have any difficulties! The first time around I was a little anxious just not knowing what to expect and yes, having to be still while having contractions is probably the most difficult part of it! But it really does go quickly and you don't even think about it after the fact! They did have to turn my epidural down with my first delivery because I wasn't able to feel enough to push correctly, but it really wasn't that big of a deal.
Hope you all are doing well. I just feel blah. Not sleeping well, and feel like this baby is crazy low, plus a lot of pelvic pain that I've never experienced this bad before! :wacko:

Hiya ladies! Still in second tri here but due July 20 and planning a home birth.

We've got quite a lengthy thread going on for the July Jelly Beans over in Pregnancy Groups and Discussions. Nice to meet you all!

Hi guys! May I join you?

I'm Anna, 22 years old and expecting our first little one July 5th. This pregnancy is also considered high-risk due to thrombophilia (Factor V Leiden and MTHFR deficiency,) but so far it's been relatively smooth sailing minus daily Lovenox injections.

So excited for our little man to get here... DH had me leave work at 27 weeks so I can start "preparing" and be more comfortable at home rather than the office, but so far I'm feeling like time is only going to go by more slowly! :winkwink:

I should mention that I'm also EXTREMELY hopeful for a drug-free labor/delivery. I won't be heartbroken if that's not possible, but I'm ready to try! :) I plan on laboring on my feet/walking around and/or in a birthing pool until it's time to push. No water birth allowed for me due to risk factors.

Baileybubs im also sunny north west! Cumbria!
Loup89- 28 week bloods are just to check iron levels again etc. Also got mine next week

Hiya Ladies! Mind if I join you? :flower:

My name is Mindy. I'm 25. Due on July 1st with our first, a little girl. :happydance:

I am planning for a drug free labor and delivery. I refuse to get a needle in my spine unless I absolutely have to. :haha:

My pregnancy is considered high risk as I had an early GTT that reveal GD. The result was so high and so early, my OB is actually curious if I was a non-diagnosed diabetic prior to pregnancy. I track my sugars 4 times a day though (owwie, my poor little fingers! :nope:) and my readings are all normal so I haven't had to have any additional monitoring as of yet. My OB did say I will have sonos at 28 (currently have a script but haven't been.), 32 and 36 weeks to monitor our little girl's growth.

So can they just stop the drugs u get with an epidural and the feeling comes back pretty soon? Or does it take a while?

I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best hahaha

I think its just a case of waiting for it to wear off, it must last a while for you to be able to get through Labour

P.s welcome minni, I think your due first out of everyone, dont think anyone else is due the 1st

Also can I ask about the anti d injection, do you only have it for certain reasons? Dont remember being told I will be having this done

Hey ladies- I am due July 5th with a little boy.

I have been high risk for the entire pregnancy due to diabetes that was diagnosed at 6 weeks gestation. It has been a rough go but everything else seems to be going well.

I have a growth scan today so I am hoping it is still remaining good!

Oh and this is our first baby after many years trying so we are feeling so blessed and nervous! :haha:

Baileybubs , no one has mentioned anything about an induction to me. Just asked me why I had a c-sec last time & what I want this time & asked if there were any probs this preg & sent me on my way :/ I was hoping for more info, the risks & benefits etc.

As for maternity clothes, I've bought all mine from next, simple tops (about £6.50 for plain & basic t-shirt) and I just mix it up with different cardigans (non maternity), scarfs & jewellery.

Hi all! I'm still a week out from 3rd tri but I've been stalking here for a few weeks and just wanted to pop in and say Hello. I'm Jill, this will be our 3rd baby, and I'm due between July 12th and July 15th (depending on who you talk to). I'm considered high risk due to a history of miscarriage and this pregnancy has been plagued by worry and anxiety at the start but all has been well since around 14 weeks and baby is def a fighter.

Since I'm a 3rd time mom, hopefully I can answer a few questions for you first time moms.

Maternity clothes-I found most of mine at secondhand stores or garage sales but I have gotten some cute things at Target and Motherhood Maternity. I haven't had good luck with maternity pants though so I've been living in leggings of late.

Labor and Delivery-with my kids, I had natural hospital births. I won't lie and say it doesn't hurt cuz it does, but my labors started with really bad period-like cramps that gradually got more intense, closer together, and longer in duration. For pain management, I walked, used breathing techniques, sat on a birthing ball, and had DH put counterpressure on my lower back. When my contractions got unbearable, I was checked and told I was at an 8. I was pushing 30 minutes later so pain meds weren't an option anymore. And once you start pushing, you don't notice contractions anymore as you are bearing down against the pain. And everything pretty much stops once the baby is born. However, I want to add that everyone's labors are different. My contractions always stay lower down in my abdomen and wrap around my back. Other women have a tightening cramp over their whole belly and no back labor. Others yet have nothing but back labor. It's not something you'll really know unless/until you reach that point.

Epidurals-I've never had one but I know several ladies who have. The doctor numbs part of your lower back with a shot and puts a catheter. Then pain medication is delivered to your lower back through this catheter and you're numb from the waist down. They may turn down the medication when you start pushing so you can feel the contractions better though you'll still be too numb to move on your own. My sis says it usually takes an hour or two before feeling totally returns to her feet after they turn it off completely and you can't walk safely until then.

Wow, so many of us due around the same time.

Thanks for all the info on epidurals ladies :) It doesn't sound too scary for me, I don't think it's something I would plan to have but if needed then it's good to know whats involved!

JoJoB - The anti D injection is only if you have rhesus negative blood type, I think she said about 15% of people have this so if you're midwife hasn't mentioned it then it will just be because you don't need it.

Is anybody else tired all the time? I felt awful first tri, so,so much better second tri until the last week or two and now I can hardly stay awake at work again, I take a 2 hour 'nap' everyday! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->