Ladies due in July

Oh yeah, nothing stops that ring of fire, lol!

Agreed! Poor DH tried to be supportive by saying "I can see the head"... And in my most painful state (even with an epi!) I growled "well I hope so, I can FEEL the head!!"

Lol. It's the one moment of labor I distinctly remember.

I did start to feel the contractions at the pushing stage actually even with the epi, I remember telling them the epi wasn't working anymore lol! But it helped to know when to push, sadly dd still got stuck and I had EMCS so can't comment on the ring of fire lol!
Is it weird that I'm hoping to be able to comment on it after this baby lol??! Really want to vbac lol!

How's everyone doing? I've got the worlds worst toothache again!!! My teeth really suffer when I'm pregnant. And I was supposed to get my anti d yesterday but I had changed my appointment as I had to run df to work in another town but they hadn't changed it properly and the stroppy MW had a go at me, saying I can't just change my appointment and turn up early!! I was told I could come at that time!! Anyways I've got it next week instead but I did get my whooping cough yesterday and my arm is so stiff today!
My dd had her 1 year old injections yesterday too and it was horrible! She's fine now thankfully!

Anyone got any pregnancy related appointments coming up? I have my 28 week appt tomorrow when I will finally get a fundal height measurement and can tell everyone who says I'm big that I'm not (hopefully!!)

I've got my 28 week appointment this time next week, will need to arrange my whooping cough injection, growth scan and mandatory GTT (ugh) then. Well I guess not mandatory, but I mean they told me I'd need one waaaaaay back at my booking in appointment as opposed to needing it as a result of glucose in my urine.

I'd love my fundal height to be just right so I can tell people I'm not huge, but knowing my luck it'll be measuring ahead or something :(

I had my GTT two weeks ago. Boring test and I was pretty sure it would be ok but I thought it was best to take it anyway. My BMI is just over the "overweight" category (load of rubbish if you ask me it's coz I'm so short lol!!) so they told me I had to have it. I weight about 2lbs more this pregnancy than the last and I didn't have to have a GTT then but oh well. All was clear!

I keep trying to measure my fundal height myself but I'm rubbish lol. Keep getting a different measurement!

I can't comment on the natural stuff as I had an emcs too :( desperately wanting a vbac this time. Don't think I could cope with another c sec.

I have anti- d tomorrow, whopping cough next week, and midwife appointment. Then 4d scan in 2 weeks. I keep getting told I'm huge, then others who say I'm tiny- can't win! Maybe midwife will measure me next week then & I know for sure.

I'm having no trouble sleeping as I'm so tired, but I have been diagonised with severe anaemia. Keep having bad dreams though, does anyone else?

I'm not sleeping enough to dream at the mo lol! But that's coz of toothache (fingers crossed dentist solves it today!!).
I do get lots of paranoid thoughts though and I think that's where a lot of bad pregnancy dreams come from. I had a terrible thought that dd would fall down the stairs and break her neck the other day!! It was awful and I was so paranoid I went out and got another stair gate for the top of the stairs.

I had my 28 week check up yesterday. As the midwife went to measure my bump she said 'that's quite a bump you have there'. I can already tell from looking at others that my bump looks pretty big for 28 weeks. My friend who is 36 weeks looks identical to me. She carried on to reassure me and said 'Everyone carries differently and you're pretty tall. In fact your pelvis is probably wider so that should make birth easier.' Was lovely to hear a positive comment in relation to my size! Anyhow, when she went to find my fundal height she was actually surprised by how low down it was, and I was measuring 27cm which she said was perfect. So despite having a huge bump, my actual uterus is lying pretty low in it. It's funny because most of my weight gain has been in the tummy which gives the impression that I have a big baby - but apparently that's not the case!
Thought that would be interesting for others in a similar situation to mine! Now I just hope that baby continues to grow into this big belly I have already grown for it, rather than continuing to grow out!

PS talking of rings of fire - has anyone in previous pregnancies tried perineum massage? Or any FTMs planning on doing it? It's advised in my hypnobirthing class, but doesn't sound like much fun!

My GTT is because my daughter weighed 10lb 7oz, lol and although I didn't have GD last time, they like to check anyway in subsequent pregnancies. I think a big baby is one of the check boxes, like a higher bmi (both which mean bugger all in my opinion lol).

I had a 3b tear with my daughter, so with regards to perenium massage - anything that might have the SLIGHTEST chance in avoiding a tear, do it! Lol xx

Callypogous I think I'm quite similar to you in that I look quite big but I'm probably just right for uterus growth, my stomach muscles never had chance to tone up again after my last pregnancy so my tummy just went straight out again lol!

Sun flower ouch that tear sounds painful! Will you be going for natural labour or ELCS (sorry if you have already mentioned I have a terrible memory!).

I didn't have that 'ring of fire' feeling but I did feel like I was majorly constipated as DS was descending. :haha: I just kept pushing because it was the only way to make that feeling go away! But my kids were both teeny weeny things at 6lb each and came out pretty much in one big push. They didn't crown, they just came out.

And I've read that if you rub lavendar essential oil on your perineum once or twice a day, it'll help prevent tearing there. I tried with my DS but wasn't super regular about it. I did tear but very minor tears (only needed 7 stitches and the dr said I prob wouldn't have needed 3 of them in the end) and the dr said it was because DS came out literally in one big push. I didn't use it with DD and I didn't tear at all. But again, I have had dinky babies so that's probably a big reason I didn't tear so bad too. Just be warned. If you do the lavendar thing, it BURNS at first.

I had an appointment last week. Doctor said I was measuring right on. :thumbup: She gave me scripts for routine blood work and a 24 hour urine test as well as a script for a sono. I really should get on scheduling that, huh? :haha:

I had a GTT around 16 weeks and failed it miserably so I'd been told I have GD but all my daily sugar readings are fine so my regular diet must regulate it well. I've never liked sweets anyway so I guess that helps. :shrug: On the positive side, doc said I'll get sono's at 28, 32, and 36 weeks to track baby girl's growth. Hooray for extra viewings!:happydance:

Someone asked about baby showers.. I assume I'm having one, just have no idea when. My mom is in charge of planning and I'm fairly certain she wants it to be a surprise because that's how she did my sister's. I'm hoping that it's soon because I'm really itching to get things ready for baby girl's arrival. Only 10 weeks and 6 days left!!! :happydance:

Anyone having any swelling? My poor feet swell daily. I sit at a desk all day for work so that's surely not helping. I'm trying to drink more water to reduce it but so far no luck.. only resting/sleeping overnight helps. Then by about noon the following day, they're swollen again.

I'm so sorry about your swollen feet, minni. As far as I know, walking doesnt help much. it makes them more swollen.

I am a teacher so a lot of sitting/standing and my feet are swelling more and more every day. It is really getting painful.

But my bigger concern is how much I am cramping today. I am thinking if it doesn't ease up tomorrow I will visit L & D for a check.

I need to speak to my midwife about my birth options, still not sure what's for the best tbh. I think I tore due to a combination of her coming out like superman with her hand by her face (you think the ring of fire is bad, try it with a head AND a waving hand all stretching you at the same time), me pushing when I shouldn't have done, and her size. Also ended up with a 1.5 litre PPH because of how big she was. C-section is a big operation and has a long potential recovery time, but tearing again and not healing well could lead to incontinence :s so neither is a fun option, lol. Good job these gorgeous babies are worth putting ourselves through all this! Xx

Krissie what is the cramping like? I had cramping like period pain on and off for a lot of third tri in my last pregnancy. Is it like that or worse? Deffo speak to someone to be safe.

Minni sorry about the swollen feet, I think raising them as often as possible like on a foot stool is the best thing you can do as well as drinking lots of water, but I always think there's just only so much water one woman can consume lol! I feel like I already drink litres and litres of it yet still get told to drink more for constipation issues lol!

Sun flower yeah I guess it's a tough decision isn't it? I have to say that my EMCS wasn't a bad experience, even though it was very rushed, but my recovery was quite long and hard. I think that's coz I'd been through the whole labour too though so I was already knackered and muscles worn out before having the surgery, and then coz it was an emergency one the surgeon didn't exactly take her time whereas maybe with an ELCS that's planned it might be better recovery as they can make sure they do a nice incision etc. But it's still major surgery isn't it? That's why I'm trying for vbac, in hope it can go a little smoother than last time! But I'm taking my chances at 50/50 of having another C section so I'm not disappointed!!
Have they given any estimation of baby's current size yet?

I had my 28 week MW appt today. I had to wait 45 mins! It wasn't the MWs fault but it was still a pain! But all was good apart from lucocytes in my urine, but she said she wasn't worried. My BP was 110/60 which is great coz I'm worried about pre-e again, so it's good that it's still so low. Baby Ethan is head down which I know means nothing at this stage but it's a good sign. I have been pretty certain he wasn't transverse anyway coz there's always a limb in my ribs and limbs down below that feel like he could be touching my leg haha!

It has been like period pain. I am currently in l and d waiting on an ultrasound. They hooked me up to the monitor and he had a good heartbeat and was moving. But now that is off he is not moving again. My blood sugar has been high too so they are being cautious.

Hope everything is ok for you Hun, keep us updated. I'm sure all is fine but it's always better that you are checked out isn't it?

Thinking of you Krissie, let us know how it goes.

I'm being booked in for a growth scan at 36 weeks to determine how big she is and proceed from there. My 28 week appointment is this Wednesday coming so I'll get my first fundal measurement then too. Obviously that's only a very rough estimate but it's a starting point at least. Mind you, at my sweep at 41 weeks with Eden even after palpating, fundal measurment AND feeling the baby's head during the sweep itself the midwife didn't think she'd be any bigger than 8lb... 6 days later out she popped at 10lb 7... Lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->