ladies in the US... breastfeeding

EffyM

Reaction score
hi ya'll

i have heard rumor that after your give birth if you are breastfeeding the hospital sends you home with a manual pump... is this true????

I wish! At least my hospital did not and I've never heard that. I BF my first two and they sent me home with just my boobs. ;)

It depends if your insurance covers it, if anything you can contact your insurance provider covers one. I know the birthing center near me you can rent them out if your insurance doesn't cover it. xx

I'm in Florida, and I was given a manual pump to take home. Though I never had any luck getting milk from a manual and had to buy a electric one.

Hey, i dont abt the hospital but I know that WIC provides a manual one and if your a student they give an Electric one, atleast in my state.

WIC will give you one if you go back to work. But I hope this is true!

i'm not on WIC... will they give me one anyway?

Depends on both your insurance and the hospital you deliver at but if you qualify for Wic they are now providing manual and electric pumps for new moms.

If you qualify for WIC, they will provide you with one if your insurance does not. xx If you are interested, you can call your local office and check if you qualify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->