Ladies using progesterone cream... HELP!!

Ok... so I'm going to update this thread in case anyone else decides to do a search later on! First off.... I found out that even though the directions say "rub the cream on your belly and thighs"... DON"T DO IT!! Progesterone is stored in fat tissue. Excess is excreted in the urine, but when you rub it in fatty areas, it goes straight to the fat where it continues to build up. This causes your body to go into Progesterone "hyperdrive" and turns out it was probably the reason for all my symptoms!!! Apply it only to areas with thinner skin and less fat, such as wrists, neck, or bottoms of feet. Once I started doing that, my symptoms started going away and I feel a lot better!!

Second.... It really worked for me to stop my mid cycle bleeding! Usually, about 5-7 days before AF I'll start spotting, and especially during sex. For anyone with this problem, you know how embarrassing it is to have to clean up a pool of blood after sex!! It throws spontaneity out the window!! Not only has it stopped any bleeding during sex, but I haven't seen any other spotting and I'm only two and a half days to AF!! I highly recommend this cream!!!

Good Luck to everyone on their TTC journey!! :hugs: :kiss:

thanks for updating, I'm always using these kind of posts for my scientific research!

Which cream do you use may I ask?

Thanks for updating! I just started using the cream. I'm using Emerita Progest. I haven't noticed any symptoms so far, and I've been alternating locations - belly, wrist, thigh, other wrist.. I can't say yet what other effects it is having, or will have but will update once I find out the outcome of this cycle. Did have a tiny amount of spotting last night - really tiny spots - but I am HOPING it was implantation. I've never spotted so early, at 7 DPO and 5 days before AF is due.

For those of you using the cream, do you have to stop for AF to show up?

thanks for updating, I'm always using these kind of posts for my scientific research!

Which cream do you use may I ask?

Emerita Pro-Gest. It's really expensive where I get it though, something like $40 for a two ounce bottle. I'm hoping I can find it on Amazon!!

I'm glad you agree about he updating... I get so frustrated when I do forum or google searches and the post isn't update!!! Hope it helps!! :hugs:

Thanks for updating! I just started using the cream. I'm using Emerita Progest. I haven't noticed any symptoms so far, and I've been alternating locations - belly, wrist, thigh, other wrist.. I can't say yet what other effects it is having, or will have but will update once I find out the outcome of this cycle. Did have a tiny amount of spotting last night - really tiny spots - but I am HOPING it was implantation. I've never spotting so early, at 7 DPO and 5 days before AF is due.

For those of you using the cream, do you have to stop for AF to show up?

I'm glad someone using the actual cream finally posted!!! Thank you, thank you Daisy!!! :happydance: Not that I mind the information from the ladies using the pill, it's just that there are so many differences between the pill and the cream. It really is interesting that you have no symptoms and you're using it the same way I was. It's weird how everyone reacts differently to it!

I still haven't had any spotting, and AF is due Thursday. I'm starting to get a little worried because I thought for sure I'd have spotting by now... or latest tomorrow. So I'm not sure whether to stop or wait just in case there was late implantation. I've decided I'm going to keep testing until AF is a day late. If by then still no BFP, I'll stop using the cream. Since my LP is usually 15 days anyway, it will probably only make me a day late, so I'm not too worried.

The spotting is a good sign Daisy! I'm KMFX for you :hugs:

Thanks Kellysmom! This is my first month using it, and I just started it on Sunday, so I don't know if I'd see symptoms yet. I will try to stick to areas with thin skin like you suggested.

My LP is usually on the short side (11-12 days) with 1-2 days of spotting before, which is the reason I'm trying the cream. I'm also taking B50 to help with progesterone levels and my LP. I'm not sure when to stop the cream, but I'm giong to test on Christmas, which will be 13 DPO. I may stop at that point...

Ok.... so @ 12 dpo, I checked my CP and it was high and firm, but I managed to squeeze out a little blood. This officially means I'm out for this cycle and that the spotting has started.... but it also means that I can stop the progesterone cream without worries. My BB's still hurt, but I've been really crampy the last couple days and today.

Now I have a new worry.... since I've been using this stuff since 3 dpo, I'm assuming it has thickened my uterine lining more than usual. Does this mean AF is gonna be a doozy this month? Guess we'll see... I'll keep updating!!

How are you Daisy?

Hi Kellysmom! I'm OK. 9 DPO and boobs are sore, but that could just be the cream.

Question for you - isn't AF early??? If you are bleeding, could it possibly be from engorged cervix? I've read that spotting is common in early pregnancy from sensitive/engorged cervix. Have you tested again? I'm just asking because if it were me, I'd be nervous to stop the cream until I was 100% that I wasn't prego... Ahh! What a conundrum! At 12 DPO, I think I still hang in there with the cream and keep up the testing until 15 DPO, your usual AF date, then if BFN - stop.

I've been testing for a couple days now, and keep getting BFN's.... plus, I've played this game long enough to know when to accept defeat. I've had mid cycle bleeding for more than 15 years, yet I've had three more pregnancies since then. In every single one of them, I did not bleed at all before AF. I know that if I were PG again, my progesterone levels would be high enough... especially while using the cream.... to keep me from spotting at all, so I'm 100% confident that this spotting is due to the normal low levels of progesterone before AF.

I can see now why some ladies have such a hard time trying to decide to stop the cream! If you don't have any bleeding before, how do you know it's ok to stop?! The lack of bleeding would be a good sign..... I hope this is the case for you... or that you get your BFP before even having to decide!!! So your LP is 11-12 days long, which means AF would be due for you in 2-3 days, right? Do you have any symptoms of AF coming yet?

It sounds like you know your body really well and this must be typical pre AF spotting then. I guess it would just make me nervous to stop at 12 dpo because theres still time for a bfp.

Yes my LP is 11-12 days with 1-2 days of spotting before. I don't have any typical pre AF symptoms, other than spotting. It IS really confusing deciding when to stop the cream because the whole reason I'm taking it is to stop the spotting and increase my LP to increase my chances for late implantation, and/or helping the bean to stick in case my corpus luteum is not producing enough progesterone. I guess I will see what my temps do, if AF arrives on Christmas or if I get a bfp. If I get a bfn, I may keep it up for another couple days and test again before stopping. I'll give it until 15 dpo.

Oh, I totally relate ladies, in this place right now! I'm 14dpo, I have a 9 day luteal phase, took progesterone suppositories for the first time this cycle.

My cervix is high, my temps are high (had low temp 11dpo, BFN 12dpo). So I am testing tmrw with FMU @ 15dpo. If BFN, off the progesterone!

I have been having tons of weird symptoms since O, and they've changed from the early dpo's to the late dpo's, so I'm also a tiny bit hopeful. But really expecting to see a BFN tmrw and I'm already dealing with it emotionally. :)

Ooh, let us know what happens tomorrow!

Whoa! Looked at your chart - implantation dip at 11 dpo?? Hoping you get a bfp tomorrow!

Awh, thanks for the positivity! I know it LOOKS awesome, but the progesterone I'm on pretty much cancels all the awesomeness out! :wacko:

I've just never had a second line before, and I just can't let myself get too pumped up about it or the let down will be too great!

I will def keep you gals updated, thanks! G/L to you, too, Daisy, your temps are looking good! We've been TTC #1 for the exact same amount of time! :)

I hear ya. Great temp rise for me today, but this could just be the cream, right?

Well..... Did you test???

Yep, just tested...BFN 15dpo FMU with FRER...stark white!

So the progesterone suppositories TOTALLY had me tricked, WOW! But they also totally fixed my short 9 day luteal phase to a 14 day luteal phase! I'm so happy I'm on them, and I will def use them next cycle.

I'm not taking any today, so we'll see how long it will take to get AF, and I wonder if AF will be a lot worse than normal? lol

Well, glad at least that the cream helped the short LP. Are you temping at all?

Hope AF flies in fast now so you can move on to the next cycle.

Duh - of course you temp! Sorry.

Really undecided what to do about the progesterone cream. My LP is usually 11-12 days, and I'd like it to be a touch longer, but at the same time if I'm not prego, I just want to get on with it and move onto the next cycle. I'm scared that by using the cream, I'm going to keep AF away for too long!

I'm using suppositories, 100mg twice/day, so way more than the cream. My Dr. didn't want me on the cream, he said I needed something way stronger than the cream and that the cream would be useless to me. And I had a 9day luteal, now a 14day. So I'd say he was right! But I'd say no harm in the cream as long as you use it correctly. G/L!

Okay, okay, I will stop freaking out now.. I think I will wait and see what happens, and if I'm BFN at 14 DPO, I might stop the cream at that point... I feel like if I'm prego it would show up by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->