• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ladies who are 40+

Like Sabrina, I am 44 and just had my baby in November. He was 4 years in the making and we had 3 miscarriages. I had thyroid issues, diabetes,PCOS, and a heart problem! but old eggs, I believe, were the main issues.

I had my other son at the age of 36, one month shy of turning 37. It took a while to conceive him, but I had never had a miscarriage.

Like some of the others, we had given up, mainly because I couldn't take the miscarriages. Each one went farther and the last one was...horrible. It was so bad that my husband didn't want to try anymore but said it was ultimately my decision.

All we ever did was watch the calendar and I would lie with my legs elevated after sex.

I won't say I had an "easy" pregnancy; I didn't. I developed pre-eclampsia, suffered with SPD (pelvid girdle pain, which hasn't gone away by the way...),
terrible swelling and general exhaustion. After being home 7 days from the hospital I had to be readmitted for an infection and stayed 11 days! Of course, that could have happened to anyone. Truly, it isn't just us "old ladies" that have complications though!

It was absolutely all worth it. We could have been a lovely little happy family of 3. However, the lack of family is what made us push so hard to give our son a sibling. Husband and I are a bit alone in the world. We each only have one living parent and mine is in her 70's and his is a drunk! My sister didn't have any children and has very little interest in even being an aunt, and I wouldn't leave our pets with my husband's siblings! Sorry to ramble!

The best of luck to you! It absolutely is possible.

I am 40 and now 30 weeks pregnant with my first baby.
We only TTC for 4 months before I fell pregnant, but I did make sure I ate loads of fresh vegies, protein, zing (oysters) etc..

I must say that when we did find out I was pregnant it took me a while to really sink in, as also you do get scared a bit by DR's and media that say that 'older' mums have such a high risk of MC and other risk factors. But finally I feel confident that our little girl is developing as any other baby and that I will be a mum in about 10 more weeks!

Pregnant with my first at 44. My c-section is scheduled for March 12th! :happydance: Fortunately, the pregnancy has been uneventful. We didn't start trying until I was 41. My RE was leaning towards using donor egg because old age hinders egg quality (we didn't want to use donor eggs). I also had fibroids and stage 1 endo. As my RE said, the house can be taken care of (i.e. fibroids can be removed from uterus) but if there are no good eggs, a successful pregnancy would be slim. We opted to do IVF and PGD to test the embryos across all the chromosones. We got extremely lucky and had one normal embryo to transfer, the rest as they said is history.

Hi Dawn, I kinda skimmed through the posts, so Im not sure if anyone mentioned already,.. but have u had ur blood work done? Sometimes it can be something as simple as low B, or D or something like that. Sorry, sleep deprived lol, I might sound stupid ;) But, just a thought to have that checked! I wish u the very best of luck!!! xxx

Off to bed now :)

Thank you every one. I so glad to hear that so many have wonderful out comes. I am going to be having my thyroid checked and i'm going to see if they can do and ovarian reserve test but I'm not sure what else I should have checked, any suggestions ladies?

Hi Dawn, i'm 43 next month and 10+5 now. I have 2 boys 18 and 5 and last year had 2 mc's. absolutely sure it was age related 'old eggs' I used omega 3,6,9 recommended by fertility Dr. also did acupuncture prior to conceiving and the month we fell pg, was the month we weren't trying because dh had to leave the country on cd8, which was last day we dtd. I wasn't clock watching at all that month and then bam, out the blue, pregnant. hoping this one sticks, but 4 scans have shown so far all is ok. Good luck hun xx

Donna, Dawn and anyone else... Have you read up on Honey and cinnamon? Apparently they've both been used for centuries for infertility help. Google it, it's very interesting.

my doctor is saying the chances of having another baby at my age are very low:cry:
I once went to an ob/gyn who told me that, and this was a few years ago, before I'd hit 40. I never went back to her, and found another doc instead. I didn't want to TTC with an ob/gyn who would bet against me.

The OB and the RE I've seen since then have both been very positive. Obviously the reality is that it's much harder to conceive and carry to term when we're older. But women over 40 definitely can and do have healthy babies- not sure what the point of bursting patients' bubbles is.

I'm 41 and only 5 wks along, nervous about everything working out okay. But working to stay optimistic, pretty sure my insane anxious google searches don't help the bean stick.

I just turned 44 (was 43 when I conceived). I used acupuncture. I will be 15 weeks pregnant tomorrow and so far, the baby is healthy. This is my first pregnancy with no previous births or miscarriages.

I am currently 14wk3d and trying to be positive. I suffered a mmc last May at 17 weeks although my little boy was only between 12-13wks, I had a booking scan at 12wks all fine, nuchal translucency at 12wk4d all fine with strong heartbeat and no abnormalities and baby died sometime after that. Conceived again after 1 cycle and went on to have a blighted ovum. Took a 3 month break and conceived on first try with this little on and I had a booking scan at 10wk1d and due another scan at 16wk1d. I bought a doppler and been checking but still a bit anxious. The loss in may was an unplanned pg and I was giving it much thought so you can imagine the guilt I felt when I had to deliver my sleeping baby boy. I just want to deliver this little one safely.

The weird part of being pg this time is im afraid to tell ppl because somehow I keep imagining its going to end soon and it will be bad luck. Only told my partner at 12 weeks and his family yesterday, I keep thinking I will tell ppl next week. I havent even told my sisters or friends yet, I just avoid people. Think thats why I come on here cos its easier to talk to strangers. xx

I am currently 14wk3d and trying to be positive. I suffered a mmc last May at 17 weeks although my little boy was only between 12-13wks, I had a booking scan at 12wks all fine, nuchal translucency at 12wk4d all fine with strong heartbeat and no abnormalities and baby died sometime after that. Conceived again after 1 cycle and went on to have a blighted ovum. Took a 3 month break and conceived on first try with this little on and I had a booking scan at 10wk1d and due another scan at 16wk1d. I bought a doppler and been checking but still a bit anxious. The loss in may was an unplanned pg and I was giving it much thought so you can imagine the guilt I felt when I had to deliver my sleeping baby boy. I just want to deliver this little one safely.
Sounds absolutely brutal.
The weird part of being pg this time is im afraid to tell ppl because somehow I keep imagining its going to end soon and it will be bad luck. Only told my partner at 12 weeks and his family yesterday, I keep thinking I will tell ppl next week. I havent even told my sisters or friends yet, I just avoid people. Think thats why I come on here cos its easier to talk to strangers. xx
Can't imagine holding out from the partner that long, but otherwise I know what you mean. I haven't called my mother in weeks, because I might want to tell her if I talk to her, though I really don't want to tell her. So I don't call her.

I even avoid some of these threads like "Nov Due Dates" because I feel like I might jinx it.

Hi ladies, i am just 5 weeks and petrified as I had a mmc in Dec last year. I'm 41. I've been doing acupuncture for the past 2 months, taking Chinese herbs, coQ10, omega 3 fish oil capsules and Elevit (prenatal vitamin). I had my first beta last Tuesday at 16dpet (ivf) which was 150 and then 2 days later (316). Going in again tomorrow for a 3rd blood - 4 days after the second. Trying to be positive but have gone a little (lot) google crazy trying to work out whether my beta levels are acceptable and trying to find some reassurance.
Congrats to all you who have achieved pregnancy, and sympathy to anyone who has lost a little one. Let's keep going - it can be done!!!

Hi Ladies,

Glad someone on here to talk to. Im due my 16wk1d scan this friday and totally bricking it!!! I still get scared and keep thinking its too good to be true. I think in our cases too much info is not good cos we know what can go wrong and how quickly things can happen!! Once I get past this date if I do, then Im worried about my 20wk anomalily scan cos I know 2 ppl who had to terminate at this stage although I couldnt personally imagine having to make that decision. Fingers and toes crossed for us all xx

So much inspiration here. H&H pregnancy to all of us over 40!!

So much inspiration here. H&H pregnancy to all of us over 40!!

Hi All,

Quick update!! Went for scan on friday and all progressing well..may it continue! They have booked me in for an additional scan to check blood flow to the uterus, says its just a precaution but it has me worryin a bit. I was offered tests cos of my age but I declined cos I wouldnt do anything with the results. Had the private nuchal translucency with last and got all clear but baby died anyway so not going to bother. My sis and cousin both had babies in their 40s and both do heavy lifting with work and both had the babies so i will take my chances. xx

Glad things are going well Makeawish! I, too, elected not to do any testing. It wouldn't matter to me, if baby has Down's or anything else. The Lord will help me deal with it, if that is the case. So why worry myself or take the chance of hurting baby with the tests?!

Have my 6 week scan tomorrow, and this is where I bombed out last time, so needless to say there are a few nerves! I really considered putting it off, but now I just want to know where we're at!

Hi Dorian, Bet ur excited!!! So I expect in 2-3 weeks time when we dont see you on here that often we will know all went well with the birth and you are too busy feeding, winding, washing, dressing, feeding, winding...your little one and catching up on some well deserved sleep!

Have my 6 week scan tomorrow, and this is where I bombed out last time, so needless to say there are a few nerves! I really considered putting it off, but now I just want to know where we're at!

Hi Kiseki, goodluck tomorrow, hope you get to see the little heartbeart!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->