• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ladies who are 40+

great news makeawish! so happy for you - sleepy baby eh? long may it continue! xx

Hi Ladies - just popping in to announce that my little man has arrived!:happydance: All the waiting, stuggling, and worrying has paid off. He's absolutely perfect. Stay positive ladies it can happened, I'm 44.

Just came across this thread, I'm 41 in July,about to start icsi next week with pgs. See my sigie below which will explain things. It's encouraging to see I'm not the only one TTC at my age and that there are lots of lovely ladies on here holding their babies xxxxxxxxx

Welcome to the board, and good luck to you Mandy. I hope you get a sticky bean :)

Hi, I have just found this thread, looking for some positivity!

I am 40 and will be 41 in August - my history - I`ll try and keep it brief!!

2001 - age 30 - DS born Nov 01
2004 - age 33 - DD born Nov 04
2009 - age 37 - MMC 8 weeks gestation
2010 - age 38 - DS borm May 10
2011 - age 40 - surprise PG - MMC 17 weeks (13-14 weeks gestation)

Just started TTC again and no PG first cycle. All previous times i have caught straight away after using OPK, so a little concerned this time that it won`t happen.

however, I feel this thread will give me the positivity I am looking for and to know that even at 40 it is possible to have a baby.

I would like to here more over 40 stories to give a boost!!!

Welcome dancareoi :hugs:

Will keep mine short :haha:

Im 42 just had my daughter 7 months ago 4 months before i turned 42.

1991 - age 21 - DS Born Jan 31st
1992 - age 22 - DS Born May 19th
1993 - age 23 - DS Born Apr 9th

2004 - 2010 age 34 Tried to have another baby to my new partner, both tested and was told we both fine ' Unexplained Infertilty' started IVF aged 38, but suffered a Pulmonary Embolism and IVF was halted whilst on Warfarin.

2010 - aged 40 - DS Born March 26th ' Concieved Naturally after 6 years and before IVF re-commenced' He's our miracle baby.

2010 - aged 40 concieved again, but sadly suffered a MMC at 9 weeks.

I took Soya Isoflavones a natural substitute for Clomid to concieve the above pregnancy just to help me with a stronger/healthier egg cos of my age, but wasnt ment to be.

2011 - aged 40 'again' i waited for AF to arrive after my loss then took Soya Isoflavones again and concieved straight away :cloud9: Soy was my hero once again.

2011 - aged 41 - DD Born Nov 3rd :cloud9:

My family complete now, 4 boys aged 21, 20, 19 & 2... Daughter 7 months.

Welcome to the board Dancar. Good luck getting a sticky bean.

I will be 42 next month, my sweetie is 2 months old now :)

Poppy and dorian, thanks for sharing your stories, this makes me feel a little better.

I am on other threads where there are ladies over 40 who are tring and not having any luck and trying to conceive over 40 after a loss, and there seems so many.

So it is good to come across a thread where there are success stories too. i will keep reading to see what else happens!!!

I would recommend trying Soya Isoflavones :winkwink: google it and read about it. Worked twice for me and there is a thread on here with many a success rate of BFPs...

I am 41 and pregnant again ...... :happydance: I was 39 when I gave birth to my daughter and when she was just one year old was pregnant again (both natural with no assistance) however the second pregnancy ended in missed miscarriage. I am now 8weeks 6 days which was the age that the last little bean died inside me so am feeling really nervous about this pregnancy however very hopeful that all is well since I have such strong symptoms and my blood hcg was high when checked by the nurse, which is encouraging. I am nervous having to wait until almost 14 weeks to have my first scan since last time I went to my 12 week scan the little thing had been gone for almost 3 weeks.

Anyway, on a more positive note! I had some annovulatory/long cycles so decided to take Agnus Castus for a few months to regulate me and get me back on track and the month I conceived my cycle was pretty much back to normal, ovulating on CD10 or CD11, approx 26 day cycle and that was that. I also completely revamped my eating, took lots of cleansing supplements and lots of B vitamins and I really think it made all the difference. I don't drink, smoke and eat only organic meat so think my body has had an injection of good health in the past 6 months to one year since the miscarriage. I will know more when I go for my first scan in a month's time.

It's just lovely to hear the stories of ladies 'our age'... girl power! XXX :thumbup:

Awww Kismo congrats :hugs: know how nervous you must be, i was petrified once i concieved straight after my MMC but lucky for me i got an early scan at 7 weeks but only because i had to inject daily blood thinners. Im sure everything will be perfect this time :kiss:

ooooh daily injections, yikes!!! At least you managed to get an early scan for peace of mind...must be a good feeling. I am just nervous I will get to 14 weeks only to be told the same thing as last time but MUST stop worrying myself silly and just think positively!! I feel very different this time, much more like my first pregnancy with my daughter, lots of m/s, very swollen tummy, swollen and tender and BROWN boobies (!!!) and tired. M/S is slightly worse than with daughter. Last time with the mmc felt nauseaus to begin with which then became slight every now and then and tummy just didn't seem to swell or grow much at all and I was breastfeeding full time then so didn't notice anything different in boobie area. I had bright red bleeding for 3 days just after I got my BFP, which was confusing to say the least and I didn't even get implantation this time and didn't get it with my daughter either. I also got positive from 9dpo and with my daughter was a strong positive from the start too........all good signs so I am trying not to let the doubts creep up too much.... harder some days than others, when the nausea seems less, but then it comes back with a vengeance.

Aww.. I just wish the best of luck in the world for everybody, it's not an easy thing with all the hindsight knowledge, take care everybody XXXX much love xx

Hi ladies- I am 40 and 4+5 weeks. I have 3 kids and been trying for 4 years for no.4. Had 3mc over past 4 years and can't believe I have managed another bfp at 40. Very nervous but really strong positives and feel pregnant so fxd. Good luck to you all

I am now 44 but had my dd when i was 39 and it took me about 1 month of ttc and that was after 18 years on birth control! Then i went on to have my ds when i was 40 and again found it easy to concieve. I then ttc for 2 months at 42 and fell pregnant but almost as soon as i found out i miscarried [ i was only about 5wks] after about 3 months i fell pregnant with my dd and gave birth to her at 43! I am happy with my children now and dont plan to have anymore but its very depressing when you read the statistics. Saying that, each person is an individual so you cant always go by that. My friend had a miscarriage and she is just 33! She is now currently pregnant. Miscarriages are common for every woman sadly.

I am now 44 but had my dd when i was 39 and it took me about 1 month of ttc and that was after 18 years on birth control! Then i went on to have my ds when i was 40 and again found it easy to concieve. I then ttc for 2 months at 42 and fell pregnant but almost as soon as i found out i miscarried [ i was only about 5wks] after about 3 months i fell pregnant with my dd and gave birth to her at 43! I am happy with my children now and dont plan to have anymore but its very depressing when you read the statistics. Saying that, each person is an individual so you cant always go by that. My friend had a miscarriage and she is just 33! She is now currently pregnant. Miscarriages are common for every woman sadly.

Thank you, it is so good to hear positive stories, I have 3 kids already and am trying for number 4 at 40. (got PG last year by accident and lost it at 13 weeks in Jan)

We weren`t planning a number 4, but since we lost our LO we do now want to try for a fourth.

Your positivity should give us all hope that we are not too old and it can be done.

My sister was 29/30 when she had 2 miscarriages and my cousin was 30, so as you say MC happen at any age. (they both now have children)

Thank you once again for this post:hugs::hugs::hugs:

41 years old here and just starting IVF/ICSI :happydance:

Love this thread!

hi ladies

I just got my BFP after mc 7 weeks ago. I can't believe I am posting here still nervous and today I am just 4 wks. I can't wait to read all your stories :) I am just taking each day as it comes :)

babydust for everyone and H and H 9 mths

Madeline xxx

Goodluck to everyone :) Those trying and those with their bfp xxx

Hi everyone.

I'm 43, 44 in Sept. and just did IVF. Worked the first time and I'm now 15 wks pg. I used a sperm donor.

NT scans/blood came back normal and in a good range 1:780. But I'm still getting an amnio. Scheduled for Monday morning.

Only a few family members know and a few close friends. I have a hard time believing it myself sometimes. Still getting occasional nausea and tired a lot. Have to tell work pretty soon.

Good luck and hope everything goes ok with the amnio, i opted out of that was too scared x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->