Lady at work really starting to piss me off and upset me!!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by sandrass, Dec 15, 2009.

1. sandrass

sandrass Beautiful daughter Alessa

Ok...

I havent been at my job long, only 3 months. Im TRYING to stay friendly and on good terms with everyone..

Anyway another co workers gf is having a baby (due any time now) and this other lady at work was telling him that she refuses to give anyoneft baby gifts until the baby is born now, because her cousin had a still born baby and it was so hard for her cousin to give back all the gifts.

First time I heard it..bothered me a little but whatever I got over it..

She has repeated this story to me about 10 times now!!! IM so SICK of hearing it! I dont WANT to hear about still born babies every day at work. Im pregnant and I dont need anything else to worry about!!!

Am I just being ridiculous?

2. mandylou

mandylou Well-Known Member

NO! you're not being rediculous at all! I understand about not wanting to start fights or anything in a new job, but if it was me (and with my hormones at the moment!) i would have told her where to stick her stories! just say that you'd rather not hear about dead babies thank you very much. people like this make me so mad! they just have no consideration for other people's feelings.

3. tonyamanda

tonyamanda 3rd trimester

That would bother me too..I told a girl at work i was pregnant then she just comes out and tells me her cousin had a stillborn at 38 weeks.. I kinda just looked at her in shock.. lucky she has not mentioned it again :wacko:

4. sandrass

I dont want to start anything, but do you think it would be wrong of me to mention it to my boss if it happens again?

5. tonyamanda

tonyamanda 3rd trimester

maybe if you just say it makes you feel uncomfortable and they could just let her know in a nice way that she shouldn't be talking to you about it.. or something like that..

6. sandrass

I think if she mentions it again I will ask her as politely as possible to please not talk about it to me. Then if she does again, I will go to my boss.

7. tonyamanda

tonyamanda 3rd trimester

great idea hun.. maybe she doesn't realise its upsetting you.. or if shes doing it on purpose then just go to your boss hun :thumbup:

8. Neko-chan

Neko-chan Momma to Rudy <3

Definitely let her know (as politely as you can muster) that the topic makes you very uncomfortable. Some people are just daft when it comes to social sensitivity... seems like this gal is one of those.

9. diane60f

diane60f Well-Known Member

Some people have no class.

10. Akira

Akira Guest

I just dont get it. Why do people feel the need to constantly say things like this to pregnant women!!!! Its always something negative they have to say

11. MrsJD

MrsJD Little Fighter On Board

:hugs:

I agree just politely mention to here that this is something you don't want to hear.

XXX