Late July-to-Early August Babies

hey girls... im new to the forum and was hoping for some pregnancy buddies... i did a lil intro in the 'introduce yourself' bit.... im due august 7th, but im high-risk.... have a muscle problem with my stomach and they think bubba will come early just because the conditions arent quite the same..... ahh im rubbish at explaining so ill try that another time lol xx

anyway... im 22... 23 july 8th... i have 2 babies (theyll always be my babies regardless of age haha) harry-j whos 3, 4 in november and ella-may aka maymay aka princess (original i know haha) and im expecting a little bubba girl end of july/begining of aug. weve decided to call her lola-louise . . .awww just sayin it makes me feel all happy. bless me. lol xxxx

quick history. my 2 other children are from a previous relationship. i was with my ex who i 'affectionatly call' SC (one day youll figure out what that stands for.... take a guess lol) for 6 yrs... from aged 15-21 and life was good to start with but things went down hill after we became parents. he turned violent and led me a horrible life. he was strict and i wasnt allowed to do anything, it was just a nightmare. so january last year i finally cracked, i picked up my babies and was taken to the safety of a domestic violence refuge, by the police and a social worker. after a nightmare year we are settled now, we have a beautiful SAFE home that i built up on my own, with the help of my family of course. SC doesnt know where to find us and we are going through court still to arrange some kind of contact.

since living here i met up with an old friend... and our friendship quickly turned into something more.... unfortunatly in january he moved to spain for work. since then we talk daily but things arent the same. i may be 'in a relationship' but im still living the life of a single mum... during a routine hospital appointment for my stomach muscle problem i had to have a scan to measure the deteriation of my stomach muscles. they said 'oh i can see your uterus' grreeaatttt i thought it was another problem.... but it went from uterus to a head.... to a clear pic of a babys face... right up the nose, u could see babys lips pressed against my side. ive never seen such a clear scan that isnt 4d! i started crying. i was at this muscle scan on my own.... knowin the OH was at work in marbella of all places.... sunning it up. making loadsa money n enjoying himself. i was 21 weeks. id always been told my stomach was mishaped because of the muscle problem, i never thought that this could be the reason at all !!

well... of course this little surprise took some getting used to !! but im so happy to announce that ill be a mummy to my 2nd little princess, lola-louise sometime towards the end of july and the begining of august !

so thats my story.. roughly. itd be nice to have some bump buddies....... i look forward to hearing from you.. and please forgive me if i take a while to reply. im still finding my feet on this site.

love to you all and your bumps

mwah

steph x

hello steph and welcome. :wave: :) your just 8 days older than me lol. aww your children are cute. oh such lovely names too. sorry to hear about the history with your ex. well done for finding the strength to leave him. bad things make you a stronger person.
awww bless, that scan sounded so perfect. my first few scans were rubbish because he kept moving lol. but we finally got to see his face at 21weeks. it must have been a wonderful suprise to see her little face on the screen.....especially as you didnt expect it.
erm, well bit of background on me so you get to know me abit more. im 21...22 on 16th July. im getting married 24th July this year. me and my fiance wanted to be married before baby comes. this is my first baby. hes due 23rd August.....i was put back 4 weeks in January, turned out that i conceived just a couple days before my period was due in November. hes growing well. i feel so blessed to have such an amazing fiance too, hes helped me out so much with this pregnancy. i dont know what i would do without him. hes the sweetest person you can imagine.....hehe im getting cheesy lol. he thinks i'll be around 3weeks early....dont know why but just has a "feeling" lol, and i keep dreaming about the 6th August too and waking up at 3am every night, so everyone thinks thats when i'll go into labour lol. i dont mind when he comes as long as hes healthy. hes not even born yet and i love him so much. i just cant wait to meet him and see his little face. i will be married when hes born so it will be perfect once he arrives.....i'll have my little family that ive always wanted. i still live with my mum, my fiance moved in with us in March this year. we were going to get our own place but my mum is going to be there at the birth with us so we thought we'd wait to look for our own home til a couple months after the birth. it works out perfectly for us all. i feel bad knowing that one day i'll be leaving her but i have a family of my own to think about now. my 2 sisters and my brother dont seem to understand just how hard it is to leave her, they did it years ago, so now its just me left and im still her "baby" lol.....thats what she tells people still. im 21 years old, have a fiance and a baby on the way and im still her little angel :rofl:

oh and we're calling our son Elliott Michael. Elliott is my fiances middle name and Michael comes from my fiances late uncle....they were close and my dads first name is Michael too.

anyways, thats a little about me. theres not much that happens on this thread lately. we all just leave little bits now and again to update eachother and then we disappear for a few days....sometimes weeks. as you can see i write long comments, im hardly online so i make sure i have something to say, otherwise i never know what to write back. i dont get online often because my fiance worries that it depresses me.....hes kind of right though, im on facebook and the people on there are so depressing lol.

speak soon. take care and sending loads of love to you and bump. x

Hi Steph and welcome to our little group. You have a great birthday - the same as mine lol. Except I'm turning 35 this summer (I feel so old lol). Way to go on leaving your ex. That must've taken so much strength and courage to do with two lo's. I'm glad that you and your children are safe and happy now.

Here's a little background on me. I'm pregnant with my first, a daughter, due on July 30th. My hubby and I have been married almost 5 years now and together for over 10. We don't have any close family near us. My mil lives 3.5 hours away and my parents live 4+ hours away, so we're doing this pretty much on our own.

Well, I have some news since my last post. I had my glucose tolerance test at my last mw appointment and since I haven't heard anything about it (over 3 weeks ago) I'm guessing that means I don't have gestational diabetes. I'll find out for sure this week at my next appointment. This past Saturday was my baby shower (they are very common here in Canada). I got a whole bunch of great stuff, both from my Babies r Us registry and some other stuff. Now we just need to clear out our second room and set it up as the nursery so I can put everything away. It's a long weekend here this weekend and the plan is to empty the room into our livingroom and clean and paint it (light yellow). Then I can finally start putting things away. Now that I'm 30 weeks I'm feeling quite impatient to get started.

Well, I'm off to bed I think. I'll try to remember to update more regularly.

kmac - oooh lets hope it comes back normal. i have my test on 1st june after my scan. im not happy that its after my scan though because i have to starve from 10pm the day before and my scan isnt til after 10am on 1st june. the waiting time is rubbish too, you never get seen on-time so i'll be waiting up to an hour for the scan. then off to the Glucose test. which takes up to 3 hours :( i know im going to be sooo hungry....and i cant even have my morning cup of tea. :( i get moody, lightheaded and feel sick when ive not eaten.....hopefully the scan wont take too long so i can get the test done as soon as possible so i can get something to eat.

how was the test? they told me that you have to relax and not move around the whole time and they take the first sample after 1 hour then you have a sugar-ish drink and they wait another hour to take another sample....is that what they did with you?

oooh i like the colour you've picked for the room. i wont be doing a nursery til me and my OH have our own place, that wont be til after the birth though. we have pretty much everything we need, and hes going in a moses basket when he sleeps, its right next to my side of the bed, so its easier to check on him at night and feed him etc. we have an extra moses basket for downstairs for when we're down there. i just cant believe how much we have already, so im not shopping for anything else until im about 30+ weeks.

OHHH i have some news myself. me and my OH went to the registry office yesterday for our appointment with the registrar. we applied for our marriage license, got it paid, signed some papers, etc. now its all sorted for when we get married on 24th july. :D argh, im so excited. really cant wait to marry him. i just know that its going to be perfect.....even if it is a small wedding. :D

anyway, im off now, waiting for my OH to get back from fishing with his dad.....hes been gone since 4am. :( and my lil boy is just recovering from hiccups...bless him. i think its so cute when i feel him moving around in there. i just cant wait to meet him....hold him etc. i love him so much already. :)

take care everyone. xx

No gestational diabetes here, yay! Though I didn't really think I had it. I guess they do the test differently here...we have a first test that you go and drink the sugar drink and sit for an hour and then they take some blood. I didn't have to fast for it (mine was done by my midwife at my reg appointment late in the afternoon). If you don't pass that one then you have to do a 3 hour test.

How exciting about getting your marriage license and stuff! I remember how much fun I had going to city hall to get our license back in the day. July 24th huh...a week before I'm due...maybe I'll have my baby girl on your wedding day...that would be neat.

kmac - thats good, glad it came back ok. :) i think because im under consultant care more than midwife care then i have it done with the hospital. they give me more scans than other pregnancies, normally over here its only around 2-3 scans but so far ive had 4 and i still have at least 2 more to go. my next scan is 1st june when i have the glucose test too, so i cant wait to see the baby again. just dont like the thought of the test though.

yeh it was really exciting. i still cant believe its done, and theres only 7ish weeks left til the big day. i just hope the stress of things dont put me into early labour, the wedding is 4weeks before im due....i'll have to try to be calm and cross my legs :haha:

Hi ladies,
Welcome mummaofthree n:thumbup: for ditchin the ex sounds like a nob!!

Glad 2 hear all was o.k with the glucose test kmac

Congrats on settin the weddin date angel, make the most of the day cuz it will fly by :hugs:

Sorry i haven't been on for ages, have been really busy....

DH has got a new job in another city so we are movin, Im really excited about it n nervous at the same time. So we have been decorating, painting, layin turf n so on.....He starts his job on 28th june so hes gonna live there :cry:, then when LO is born im goin up with the kids.

I've had 2 scans since i last came on 1 @ 28wks n 1 @ 30wks. LO is small but that doesn't surprise me as my other 2 were small, got another scan on 25th june to see if all is o.k.

Phoenix had his 2nd birthday on saturday so we went to the zoo on sun cuz the weather was pants on sat! He had a gr8 day bless him. He loves animals.

Indiana started crawlin a couple of wks ago so now i have 2 have eyes in my arse :haha: n she has started liftin herself up agains the sofa so dont think it will be long before shes walkin :wacko:

Will try n get on abit more
Chat soon xxx

Hi Ladies, hope you don't mind me joining in!

I am due officially 1st August! i had an early scan at 8 weeks and they put me back a week! By the time my 12 week scan came i was measuring bang on 12 weeks, so my original dates were 29th July!

Its my 26th Birthday on the 19th July so i wonder if bubs will put in an appearence then! I have the 21st July date stuck in my head for his arrival! It turns out this particular day is an event that my husband should really be at for the promotion of his Company! So you can guarentee he will arrive then!

My daughter was early and i had a 3 hour 12 min labour with her! So am hoping for faster 2nd delivery!

hey kirsty. i'll make sure i remember and cherish every moment of the day. hopefully baby will make things abit easier, but i dont think he'd be interested in making me comfortable for a day lol.
awww sorry to hear of the move. it must be tough him leaving but thankfully you can all be together properly again when baby is born. will only be a month apart really wont it? just have to get loads of family time in before he moves.
hope all is well with baby and happy birthday to Phoenix. :D awwww how cute, you must be so proud. oooh better make sure they dont plot against you lol, one walks away whilst the other goes crawling in the opposite direction lol. i feel for you.

welcome izzy. i will get you up on front page. :) so having a boy? bless, makes 2 of us now. ooh your birthday is 3 days after mine. :) have you picked a name for baby yet?

well update here.... i had my Glucose test done on 1st june, then my scan. i was there from 9am til 3:30pm. :( i had my first blood test done at 9:20 then my scan at 9:40. all is well with baby, he was abit awkward, just showing his spine so we couldnt get a good pic. hes growing fine, hes on average measurements so all is well. after the first blood test i had to drink a really sugary orange drink, it was soooo thick and sugary. :( gross. then after the scan i had to wait in the waiting room til 11:20 for my next blood test. was sooo boring and uncomfortable. thankfully after that me and my OH were allowed to leave, but i had to be back at 2pm to see the consultant. so we had to wait 2 hours in the hospital til then. christ it was a boring and tiring day. eventually got to see the consultant.....urine is fine, blood pressure is fine...etc. i have to go back on 29th june for my 32weeks scan. cant quite remember why though. just seems to be scan after scan with me.
well i saw my midwife yesterday for the results and a check up. my Glucose is fine, my anti-bodies are fine, but my iron levels are slightly in the low range so i have to take some iron tablets 3 times a day now. hopefully i wont get any side effects. oh and she listened for heartbeat....it was sooo loud, i was shocked, we couldnt even hear eachother talk lol. then she felt around to see how he was positioned....and hes head down. surely he shouldnt be head down this early right??! she didnt seem bothered so i guess its ok that hes there. but its so uncomfortable. im so heavy at the moment, i can barely walk as hes pushing down. cheeky bugger lol. but i think its hilarious when he kicks now, all i see is my belly wobble at the top and sometimes my breasts move where hes kicked me. looks funny. but the cutest thing of all is when my OH talks to him at night before we sleep.....baby just moves under my OH's face so he can feel his heat and hear his voice. its so cute. he pushes out so much and then slightly taps my stomach where my OH is resting his head....his head is never resting heavy though. so its like the baby is trying to say hello and he recognizes his daddys voice already. so sweet.

well im off now, i have a bug i think. 24 hour crap feeling. my stomach aches too where baby is lying so im resting up....he wouldnt let me sleep last night so im relaxing now.
hope everyones ok. take care. x

William George Clark, but we will call him Will. I preferred Max but Hubby really likes Will x

Nice to see you on here again Kirsty. No worries about being gone so long...getting ready to move when pregnant with 2 toddlers is alot of work! Glad to hear everything is going well for you though :) Happy Birthday to Pheonix too...yay for a fun day at the zoo!

Welcome to our little group Izzy...another July birthday (I think most of us have July birthdays here lol). Mine's on the 8th so there's a chance baby girl could come on my birthday too, though I'm hoping not. My husband was born on his Mom's birthday and there's no need for us to continue that tradition lol.

Angel, happy that your glucose test results were good. Too bad about the iron though...try taking the pills with orange juice because vitamin C helps the body absorb the iron better but avoid dairy in the hours around when you take them because calcium works against the iron. When they tested my iron in first tri my levels were through the roof, but they are testing them again this Tuesday at my next appointment just to check that they are still good.

Can't remember if I mentioned that I have developed severe carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists...I now have a splint for each hand/wrist that I wear when I sleep and on and off throughout the day too. They help me get a better night's sleep (though I do still wake up with burning, just not as often), but I'm completely useless when wearing both of them lol. Trying to get out of bed is ridiculous now...between needing to roll out because my belly is so round and now not being able to bend my wrists, I'm not graceful whatsoever hahahahaha.

aww izzy thats a cute name. :D i like both names.. my OH kept saying he wanted Frederick Merryweather :rofl: muppet. no way i'd call my child that haha. so ive told him he can have our next pet called that instead. we have names for each child we want. altogether we'd like 3 so we have a name for the first and then for the other 2. we're very prepared lol.

thanks kmac. im so glad that the glucose came back fine. i'll keep the orange juice in mind. i still havent taken my tablets yet :blush: i know i should but i keep forgetting to take it in the morning so i end up not wanting to take it the rest of the day. i want to start them on a fresh day, if that makes sense. im not good with tablets anyway so thats probably why i keep putting it off too....they make me gag. :( i think its all psychological though.....wont go into the reason though lol. thanks for the helpful info.
omg that sounds painful. :hugs: i think all gracefulness goes out the window when you get pregnant. the amount of times ive rolled around in bed trying to get up, its so hard trying to not squash him. sometimes i forget to roll onto my side to push myself up so i end up straining my stomach by just lifting up.....hurts but thankfully baby is always ok. i just need to remember not to do it again. :dohh:

well not got anything to report here. ooooh im slightly excited though, the dress i wanted for my wedding is back in the store in my size so im hoping they have it in a couple weeks when i can buy it. i need to try it on though because im not sure which size to get. i need to make sure it will flow straight over my bump in july.... i know its the perfect dress for a bridal bump. :)

anyway im off now, take care all. x

:wave: Izzy welcome 2 the group, love the name will, think its really cute.

Kmac; Sorry 2 hear about your wrists hun :hugs: The things we women have 2 endure lol. Im hopin 2 come bac as a man next time :rofl:... Gettin out of beds hard enough with a bump.

Angel; Tut tut for not startin your Iron tablets yet Lol.. Why have u gota take 3 a day? Im on iron n i only take 2 daily, i sometimes 4get 2 :blush:..

AFM; not much 2 report apart from MW appointment this friday. Have finished decorating our room :yipee:, n have started on the stairs n landin, have ordered a carpet n its bein fitted next monday, got loads of paintin 2 do first so beta get my ass off here :wacko:

Sorry if i've missed anythin ( pregnancy brain):dohh:

Catch up soon xxx

I had a dream he came out a she! And i was refusing to take the baby home as i kept insisting to the MW i had a boy not a girl! so the baby couldn't possible be mine! I am stuffed if it comes true as we have all new blue stuff!

I am seeing the MW on Wednesday so am wondering if his head is engaged. He was low down a few weeks ago and my tummy feels different so we shall see.

I had to go for a breast ultrasound today as i found a pea size lump about 7 weeks ago. Hubby tottally freaked out coz he could feel it (usually if i have any lumps or bumps anywhere he can't feel them) but this one he could. I wasn't overly concerned as some days i could feel it and others i couldn't. Anyway all looks fine, nothing abnormal on the scan so is probably a cyst or blocked milk duct.

I am panicing a bit about BF this time. I had loads of Milk to feed my daughter and had to wear breastpads in bed from 20 weeks coz i was leaking so much! This time i have nothing, by boobs don't feel much different. I hope my milk supply is like before :(

kirsty - yeh i know... :blush: i should take them but keeps slipping my mind and then i remember half way through the day and think "oh crapppp...". erm not sure why i have to take it 3 times a day. i just listened to the midwife and got the tablets. i dont like the thought of getting side effects though, have you had any whilst taking them?
lol i know what you mean by the pregnancy brain....i have forgotten so many things recently. the past few weeks seem to get worse. someone can tell me something and then 2mins later i will forget. i end up making people annoyed coz i forget things so easy lol, but cant help it. i feel like a fish half the time.....got the memory like one haha.

izzy - omg i know how you feel. people keep saying "what will you do if he turns out to be a she?" im just like..."erm, dont mention that. i know hes a boy, i saw his lil winky...." lol. ok we only got to see it for about 5mins and the sonographer said it looks like a boy but i cant imagine him having a winky one minute and then turn around to be a girl lol. i feel so bad when i think about it, coz im expecting him to come out a HE so i worry that id end up being disappointed or something if a girl pops out instead. my OH keeps joking about it but i know hes the same lol, we have all boy things so it would be weird. plus we'd have to change the name lol.
when did he first get low down? my baby has been low head down since my 28week check up. i was surprised but ive heard other people say theyve had the same. seemed too soon to me though.
sorry to hear about the lump....but glad that it doesnt look abnormal. hopefully all will be ok and it is just an enlarged milk duct etc.
dont worry so much about the milk not leaking though....its been said that you can go til after labour without leaking. some women apparently dont leak until just before labour or just afterwards......some are even during labour. have you tried talking to your midwife about this? maybe she can give you some information or advice etc.

well i dont have anything to say about myself. nothing has changed recently. just still heavy and struggling to move around. all i keep doing is huffing and moaning when i have to get out of bed or stand up. i hate raising up, he loves pushing down recently. :( but we've found a way to catch him moving or kicking.....so now we can finally show people when he does something. :)

anyways, take care. speak soon. x

Our baby was laid upside down the whole time, when i came back in after going for a walk and some serious poking he was right way up and she said "its a boy" and we def saw something that looked like a winky! So we shall see. I even had to have a 2nd scan the following week as baby still wouldn't move properly. So 3 hours worth of scanning and he still stayed upside down :( gotta be a boy really!

I wouldn't worry about your milk supply izzy...my best friend's milk didn't come in until after she had her son and she bf for a year. My boobs haven't gotten any bigger at all while pregnant and I have no leakage but I'm sure once baby arrives that'll change lol.

My baby has been head down since about 29 weeks and I'm hoping she doesn't decide to flip to breech now. She's a squirmy little thing though and I regularly feel like I have an alien inside of me trying to push it's way out through my stomach hahahahaha.

OMG water retention is driving me mad! I am on rest as the mo.... My legs swelled up to twice their normal size and were totally rock hard! They actually hurt to stand or touch. The bizarre thing was i was sat down all afternoon and they just ballooned! I feel soooo attractive!

Went to see MW a few days later as was worried about PE and my blood pressure up well normal for me is 110/60 and it was 130/75 so not massively but up for me. MW said lots of resting and putting my feet up, so more time to spend on B&B!

Oh just before i forget, mothercare online sale 9 packs of pampers sensitive wipes £6.99! That is cheaper than boots own at the mo, you get 3 for £2.50 there. x

lol i know what you mean kmac, my boy has been head down since 28weeks and i know hes still there now but hes so active for saying theres less room in there. ive caught him moving so much. he even dances to music.....well it looks like dancing to us. me, my mum and my sister were sat watching my stomach as he jigged around to music we were playing. looks so cute and funny too. there was one song that he loved the most and did wave motions, my stomach just looked like a Mexican wave. lol. im hoping he doesnt decide to flip back around too, i want him to stay head down the rest of the way now.

awww izzy, i sympathize with you. water retention sucks. my ankles no longer look like ankles, theyre horrible. i often feel like im walking around on stumps. apparently its best to raise them instead of sitting normally or crossing your legs. e.g, if you're sitting on sofa then try putting your feet up onto the other side of the couch, or get a stool or something to lift your legs onto. im often sat on my bed with my legs up, my fiance helps me out so much so i dont feel like im lazy, he understands how bad my legs are....you can clearly see theyre bad anyway. apparently theres not much you can do about water retention. all the midwife and books say is to rest them up, dont cross your legs, dont sit for too long, dont stand for too long etc. but that doesnt really help does it?! we want an easy quick solution. if you are worried about them then id suggest seeing the midwife or doctor about it....if you have gained so much water retention on them in a short time and they hurt to even be touched then it might be best you get someone to check them out. is it just your legs? or is it other parts of your body?

well as for me....i had my first case of Braxton Hicks on tuesday morning (2:30am). :( the first proper ones ive had. i woke up and was in pain. my fiance woke up seconds later and tried to calm me down. i ended up crying because i realized that im not ready for the baby yet, i dont even have my hospital bag, so im not prepared if anything happens. i have around 9ish weeks left so i know i should have my bag ready but we've been short on money and ive struggled to walk lately. we're waiting for our "Maternity Grant" to come through so we can get the rest of the baby things, all there is to get is mainly my bag, nappies etc. im so nervous. we also need the money for our final wedding bits....my partners suit, some food, drinks, etc. we have it all prepared, just not bought it all yet.
but with the stress from the wedding and worrying about being ready for the baby i ended up making myself panic whilst i had the Braxton Hicks. i just lay on my side, curled up and cried the whole way through. my OH told me that i can ring the midwife if i thought it was bad but i just thought its a waste of time. i didnt know what to think at the time. apart from that it hurt, i can handle pain but when i have things on my mind i end up suffering more with the pain. if that makes sense. i think i had a minimum of 5 B/H contractions in the space of 5-10minutes. then when they eased off i went sleep and made sure the next day that i kept an eye on the baby's movements......and he moved around like a trooper, was dancing etc all day. so hes fine and i havent had pains since that morning.

anyway, on a brighter note. :D I GOT MY WEDDING DRESS YESTERDAY!!!!!!! arghhhh. omg its gorgeous, i ordered it from the catalogue because i was worried that i wouldnt find anything else in time. its perfect. it has bones in the breast part so i wont need a bra, it came with attachable straps in-case too, it flows over my bump, is perfect length and has a train at the bottom. heres a pic from the catalogue....keep in mind that shes slimmer than me and not pregnant lol. https://www.littlewoods.com/pleated.../q/wedding&prdToken=/p/prod1580142-sku2322438
when i saw it hanging up i nearly cried and so did my mum. after i went for a shower i tried it on, it fit perfectly....the only problem is that the zip is abit stiff near the bead area so it takes 2 people to zip it up (so you dont tear it). it looked stunning and im so happy. it fit well on the bump so far and theres room to grow too. but i know when i get married i'll be 36weeks pregnant so the bump would drop a little by then, so it wont make much difference. it came with a chiffon stole too, but i didnt like it that much with the dress, i want to get a ivory/white bolero to wear with the dress instead.

right im off now, essay over lol. got some things to look at for the wedding. just hope that the baby doesnt decide to be 4weeks early and arrive on the wedding day lol....evening i dont mind, just let me get my vows out the way first :haha:
hope you're all doing ok. take care. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->