Late July-to-Early August Babies

awwww kmac thats so sweet. congrats. :D i will put that you are having a girl up on front page :) scan picture looks cute :D

still not felt anything?! wow. i thought you start feeling things around 19-20 weeks for the first but apparently it can be upto 22weeks aswell....im 16+ weeks and not felt anything yet but i think it wont be too long. my baby is sitting high up, poking out aaaalot too and the only weight im putting on is on my stomach....well its not much but just rounder and harder. i sometimes get this strange feeling in my stomach....the only way to describe it is that it feels like the baby is scratching its nails on my insides, it doesnt last long and it only moves about 4cm across the inside of my stomach. i spoke to my mum about it and she said she got that alot when she was pregnant with my brother and it felt the same as how i described it lol.

oooooh i get to hear the heartbeat for first time next Thursday (18th)....i cant wait. then on 6th April i have my gender scan....then something else to look forward to, me and my OH are going to "Golden Sands" (in Mablethorpe) on 26th April til 30th :happydance: there's been so much bad stuff happen around us lately so its exciting that we have things to look forward to. :D

where's everyone disappeared off to? lol hope you are all well anyway. i haven't really been online much lately because of family deaths/illnesses and other stuff. but now that things are getting better then i should be more positive when i do visit the page more.

oooh i nearly forgot.....me and my OH are finally going to live together. we haven't so far because of money (he lives with parents and i live with my mum), i dont want to leave my mum just yet because she isnt well (never has been really) and she's going through a tough time so i spoke to her about sorting the place out so my OH can move in with us because obviously we need to and want to. and......its getting sorted, so within 1 months time we will be officially living together :D argh i cant wait. ive waited so long for this and its finally here....ok so its not our OWN place but my mum needs me just as much as i need her.

well im off now, OH wants to play on xbox 360 live lol so im going to play too before bed. take care everyone and hope to see some more gender news. :D xx

Hi ladies,
Hope ur all well?

Had my scan n we're havin another girl :happydance: So it will be girl power in our house....Haven't had chance 2 put scan pic on yet but hopefully will get it on soon. Have chosen the name Atlanta Rose Mellor....
Have to go back for another scan at 28 wks on 7th may jus 2 make sure she is growing o.k.

I've had a really nice mothers day... Had a card n flowers this morning n we went out for lunch then we went 2 see my mum... Ohhhh n DH let me have a lie in too :blush:.

Catch u all soon...x

awwww cute. nice name too. if i find out im having a girl then looks like we'd both have Rose in the name lol. i find out in 3 weeks so not long to go, then im going away for a few days in late april. i cant wait, i need to get away from this place for abit. really starting to hate this place.....lived here all my life but its done nothing but give me hassle. the people here arent exactly nice either and even my own "family" upset me. i realised alot of things lastnight after a silly argument with someone who WAS my cousin.....i dont even want to be associated with that side of the family to be honest....im sick of them all. and the people ive known over the years have done nothing but bring me down so im keeping a selected few people close to me and forgetting about the rest.....even if they are blood related. i wish i could just pack up and leave, start a fresh somewhere else.

i was in a good mood, i was really happy lately but what happened lastnight has sent me downhill and its hard to get myself back up high again. so i think i wont be online often, i may just come on to update once a week.

hope you are all doing ok. take care. xx

Kirsty - congrats on having a baby girl. Lovely name also. How has the job hunt been going?

Angel - sorry things have been going crap for you and your extended family. I'm not very close to any of my cousins or anything so I don't have that issue. I haven't talked to my dad's side of the family in years (he's estranged from his sister and both his parents died by the time he was 21) and I only see some of the people on my mom's side once every couple years. I hope things get better for you and that you have a great trip away. Where are you going?

welcome samface. you know what you're having yet?

kmac-we're going to Mablethorpe from 26th April to 30th. its at Golden Sands which is right next to the beach. its only in UK but i dont mind. ive never been out of the country because i dont have a passport but hoping to get one for next year when we have our honeymoon somewhere. hopefully the weather will be nice in April when we go away :D

heya I am due on 9th of August, Is anyone else due around this time?

I am really looking for a bump buddy who i can chat to.

Thanks

Hiya Sam and Lolli...we're all due from towards the end of July to the middle of August so you're in the right place. Welcome! How has pregnancy been treating you so far?

I'm finally feeling baby girl move and kick...it's not very strong yet, but at least I can feel her. We also saw my tummy move thanks to her the other night...very glad dh was there to see it too or I don't think he'd believe me that it happened lol. How's everyone else doing this week?

hey lollip0p. welcome. im due 23rd august, was put back 3-4 weeks originally but kept the thread the same name. do you know whether you're having a girl or boy yet?

oh wow kmac thats amazing... :D i havent felt kicks etc yet, all i feel are slight aches where the baby pushes out and i have felt tiny movements....but its that light that i dont know whether to believe it or not. i lay for about 2 hours lastnight in silence whilst i tried figuring out whether it was actually movements or not. i just cant wait to feel something properly so i know its real. other than that im doing ok. im abit sad for one of my friends but im trying to not let the news get to me too much. i feel so sorry for her as shes lost her baby at 11 weeks, was her 2nd baby and ive known her since school. she was so excited when she got pregnant and it was planned too so its so sad that its over. poor girl had a bad m/c.....not that theres a good one but she didnt just bleed, she passed the sac with baby & placenta in it :( shes burried it and said a proper goodbye so thats abit of comfort for her. shes a nice person too so its horrible when good people suffer things like that.

so wheres everyone gone then? i havent been online much, been busy. my OH is officially living with me now, im soooo happy that its finally happened :happydance: and omg, my bump is big for just 18 weeks lol, but the baby loves poking out so i dont mind. i love seeing my bump, i think its so cute :D xx

Hiya girls!

The pregnancy has been really good for the last month or so, I did have some really bad upper back pain for around a month from 12-16 weeks, couldnt sleep, eat, move, but I think baby must have been laying on a nerve or something, as it finially went as i hit 17 weeks, whoop whoop. Hows your pregnancies going??
I have got my scan next weds, we are undecided whether to find out or not, my oh really wants too know, but i dont mind as long as the baby is healthy, but if it means that much to him i might find out.

I too felt the baby kick for the first time on sat :D i phyiscally jumped in the car and was like ooooooooooo, it feel really low down though a good hand space if not more below my belly button, where do you feel your baby kick?

I think my dates are a tad out from my scan, but the midwifes here are brilliant, but thats a seperate issue all together!

How are you all coping with work? and everything in general?

How are you finding it living with your oh angel?

im abit sad for one of my friends but im trying to not let the news get to me too much. i feel so sorry for her as shes lost her baby at 11 weeks, was her 2nd baby and ive known her since school. she was so excited when she got pregnant and it was planned too so its so sad that its over. poor girl had a bad m/c.....not that theres a good one but she didnt just bleed, she passed the sac with baby & placenta in it :( shes burried it and said a proper goodbye so thats abit of comfort for her. shes a nice person too so its horrible when good people suffer things like that.

Its horrible when things like that happen, espically to someone that you know and who is a friend. My thoughts are with her, I can imagine how she feels

Hiya girls!

The pregnancy has been really good for the last month or so, I did have some really bad upper back pain for around a month from 12-16 weeks, couldnt sleep, eat, move, but I think baby must have been laying on a nerve or something, as it finially went as i hit 17 weeks, whoop whoop. Hows your pregnancies going??
I have got my scan next weds, we are undecided whether to find out or not, my oh really wants too know, but i dont mind as long as the baby is healthy, but if it means that much to him i might find out.

I too felt the baby kick for the first time on sat :D i phyiscally jumped in the car and was like ooooooooooo, it feel really low down though a good hand space if not more below my belly button, where do you feel your baby kick?

I think my dates are a tad out from my scan, but the midwifes here are brilliant, but thats a seperate issue all together!

How are you all coping with work? and everything in general?

How are you finding it living with your oh angel?

maybe he can find out and keep it to himself if you dont want to know....but maybe then he might find it difficult to hold the excitement in. haha.

awww i cant wait to feel kicks, all im getting is slight movement feelings, hard to describe them. i have also felt the baby push out when im walking and also when im lying on my sides. so cute. im always stroking my stomach waiting to feel a kick or something more than slight movements.

when i had my scan in February they put down the measurements and that i was 11 weeks 2 days, which would work out that im due 24th August, but the midwife says its 23rd, i know im right because i spent ages double checking it, but i didnt want to argue with her on just 1 day out. :haha:

im finding the living together just like normal, he stayed over at mine for 1 week then the next week we'd stay at his place, then back to mine, etc. so we were basically living together before but not officially and we were back & forth to eachothers places. it was hard but we put up with it because we couldnt afford our own place together. then i came up with the idea that we live together at my mums, because its ideal for us all. my mum is going to be at the birth so i wanted to live here until at least 1 month after baby is born, for like support or something. so we all sat down and worked it out and.....here we are now. :D im so happy that its worked out this way. because now we can save the money for a good house and for the wedding next year. we have plenty for the baby but wouldnt have been able to afford baby, house and wedding all at once. its cheaper living here.

i dont work, mainly because i was on the sick before i got pregnant. i suffer from anxiety and depression. but i do feel alot better since i got pregnant, but obviously still get those bad days. ive looked for work but i think its pointless now because noone will take me on whilst im this far gone being pregnant. noone would want to have someone for few months then have to pay for maternity leave. my OH doesnt want me working anyway, bless him. im an old(ish) fashioned girl and want to be the stay at home mother anyway.

everything else is going well, had few family issues but trying to sort them out. ive cut all ties with cousins, aunties, uncles, etc, because they're all really selfish people and i never feel like they care about any of my family anyway. they arent the nicest people anyway so its not a big loss. as long as i have my mum, dad, and sisters around me then im happy. im trying at the moment to get close to my brother again, as ive not seen him in around 6-12 months. :( we were sooo close when growing up. hes the oldest and im the youngest so we had that special bond but hes been really distant. he only found out yesterday that im pregnant. and i didnt even get congrats, all i got was him moaning about not finding anything out until my mum texts him. but hes bought that on himself, ive not had credit on my phone since September 2009 :wacko: so its difficult to stay in contact with him, especially when he never contacts me either. its a long story so i'll leave it there.

as you may see now, i write long comments. im rarely on here so when i do come on ive always got something to say :rofl:

i will put you up on front page :D if you do decide to find out the gender then i can put that up too.

anyways, im off again now. take care everyone. :hugs: x

hey everyone. not sure where everyones gone, ive not been on much either. but just thought id come on to update myself. i had my 20 week scan today and everything went well. baby is fine and i got to find out what im having.....a BOY!! :happydance: i was soooo happy that everything was ok and that we got to find out what the gender was so i ended up crying with happiness. i have another scan next week to check the anatomy as he wouldnt stay still long enough for her to check.

well im off again now. hope you're all doing ok. take care. x

Congrats Angel on having a boy...and lucky you get another scan and chance to see baby since he was such a squirmer. I don't get to see my little girl again until she's born.

I haven't been on too much the past couple weeks as one of our cats was really sick. Unfortunately we had to put her to sleep this past Monday night. This was the hardest thing I've ever done. I've had her for 10.5 years, since she was 9 weeks old. One of my other cats is at a complete loss too, as I've had him pretty much as long as her and he doesn't know life without her. He's been seeming sad and not eating very much and it worries me as he is already a really skinny cat.

Anyhow, otherwise things are good with me and baby. She's been a little more quiet the last week, but I still feel her move and kick everyday. I also listened to her hearbeat yesterday and it was good and strong and fast as always lol. She's gonna be just like her Momma...hyper lol.

Hope you're all doing well. :hugs:

thank you kmac. i only see him next week because he moved too much for the anatomy check. but the later scans (28 weeks, 34+weeks) are because of the consultant care im under. its because of my BMI, i knew from the start that i'd be checked on regularly because of it. i have to have a glucose test when im 28 weeks :( i cant eat or drink (only allowed water) from 10pm the day before and nothing til after theyve done the tests. im there around 10am-ish and the test takes 2-3 hours. omg how am i going to cope without my cup of tea and daily apple. lol.

awww im so sorry for your loss :hugs: i know what its like to lose a pet. we had to put my dog down in 2008 when he was 15 years old, we had him since he was a puppy so it was tough seeing him go. but he accepted it and licked my mums face to say goodbye....was emotional. if your other cat still seems bad then you can ask the vet if theres anything you can give him or do to help him cope. i suppose its hard for the animals too when they lose a loved one, their poor little hearts break dont they. :( i feel deeply for you.

awww thats cute, i have only started feeling my baby lightly kick me for about 1 week now. he started the night before my scan....my OH felt the first kick with me so that was cute, but he hasnt felt it since. baby has kicked lighter since that first one though. feels like a mini pulse, not sure how else to describe it. but i cant wait for those proper hard kicks. i know he loves it when im walking places and being really active, he pushes out sooo much. bless him.

take care and hope the grief gets easier. :hugs: x

I'm getting the glucose test in a few weeks too, at my next mw appointment. In Canada it's pretty standard that all women get it, though I was given the option to not have it. One of my uncles has type 1 diabetes and I have hypoglycemic tendencies, so I'm at higher risk of developing gestational diabetes. Also, I think every woman should get it because it's not a hard test and it could make a big difference to baby if you find out you have it and get it taken care of.

My one cat seems to be doing a bit better. We are putting him on a chicken and rice diet to try to fix his tummy troubles, so yesterday I cooked up a bunch of chicken thighs and mixed them with rice and he ate it for dinner. Frickin' cat is eating as good as us now lol. My other cat doesn't like people food, so he still gets kibble. Pain in the ass feeding them separately though.

Hope everyone else is doing good. I'll update again later this week.

Where's everyone hiding out?

So we ended out having to put down my poor cat Grimsley. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. It's been a little over 2 weeks and I sometimes forget that she's not here anymore...it's getting easier though.

On the more positive side of things, we got our travel system. Well, my parents paid for it, but we have it now. It's the graco quattro tour. The stroller reclines flat so that baby can sleep in it during a walk without having to be in the carseat. I can't wait to try it out.

Also, I've decided to finish work at about 36 weeks. I'm going to use 2 weeks vacation and then start my mat leave on the Monday that I'm 38+3. Hopefully Clara doesn't decide to come fashionably late as I'd like to be home with her as long as possible after she's born (so happy we get a year mat leave here in Canada).

Hope the rest of you are doing well. :hugs:

hey kmac....i've not been on this thread for a bit. i don't know where everyone else has gone though. awww :hugs: that's such a horrible thing to go through. i've been there myself.

oooh i have a Graco Sport travel system, its blue and green checked, its lovely. i still love that name you've picked for her :) it's so nice.

well update from me....not that much to say to be honest lol. i have got things to say but just got little time and i cant remember everything :wacko: :rofl:
i got some amazing news though.....me and my OH are getting married 24th July (this year), its only going to be a small wedding for close family (no aunties, uncles, etc), then afterwards we're having a bbq reception because its perfect for it being small and for summer. there's a max of 22 people going to ceremony and reception. i'll be 8months pregnant by then so i know the perfect style of wedding dress that would look good for the baby bump. the bbq is at my OH's parents house as his mum is doing the catering. she's also paid for: the 3 tier cake...thats being collected on the day (its already been made), my bouquet...its yellow and white roses (i haven't seen it yet), buttons holes, bbq....cant think what else, but i know she's done/doing alot for us. shes a really nice mother-in-law....rare arent they?! lol. im greatful for everything shes doing. shes helped us out with most of the baby things too and shes always asking if we need help, bless her.

well i cant think what else to put, im on holiday from-26th-to-30th so wont be back online til after then. hope you're all doing ok, wherever you are :haha: take care x

It's been a while since I've remembered to check here. Things are good here...not really much to report on. I'm finally in third tri so that's cool, and I have less than 90 days to go! Now we just need to get her room done...we still haven't cleared our crap out of it yet lol. Hope you're doing well angel and others.

That sounds a bit like our babys room too, we need to plaster it and then paint it, time is going so quickly, and I feel we also have so much to buy too.

Hope your all doing well. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"