Late O- How to pass the time

stellaluna431

Toddler Mama TTC #2
Reaction score
Anyone with a later O? I usually O between CD21-23, sometimes later. This is my first cycle TTC, but right now we're DTD every other day and then I'm going to try to pinpoint O and BD that day and the next as well (we'll see how that goes- this is my first time with OPKs). What do I do in the meantime?? I'm dying. I feeling the TWW will be easier than the three week wait leading up to O. Doesn't help that AF is usually only 4 days :/ I'm going crazy just waiting to O! Haha

Good question! I really wish I knew the answer. I thought waiting for O wouldn't be as hard as the tww, but it's just as bad. The weekends are fine, but the week days are really dragging along (though that might be because my concentration at work is practically nil). I hope I get my BFP before I go crazy ;)

I hate the wait to O, I'm sure it's worse than the TWW! I've started an exercise class and I was doing an art class to try and take my mind off it.

I'm right there with ya! I have a 33-34 day cycle and I usually have to wait 2 1/2 weeks until I O and then the dreadful 2ww. According to FertiltyFriend app, I will be O'ing around CD21 so I know exactly how you feel. :)

Yup, same - cycles irregular but 34days last time and won't O for a while. My AFs are long though (6-8days on average) - I don't think that helps any!

I am just obsessively spending time on these forums/reading about fertility like somehow if I just read/post enough I will magically become pregnant immediately.
That's how it works, right? ;)

I'm gonna sound line a dork right now but I learned how to crochet lol. I usually o on cd19. I am currently making a blanket that dh and myself can fit under together. Oh yes. Lol

I'm gonna sound line a dork right now but I learned how to crochet lol. I usually o on cd19. I am currently making a blanket that dh and myself can fit under together. Oh yes. Lol

Crocheting is a great time passer! :thumbup:

I have no clue when I "normally" O (my cycles are way irregular and so are my O days I'm sure!) but I'm pretty sure this cycle it was CD 31 (2 days ago). I had symptoms of O before then so thought I was on my TWW but turns out I wasn't!

I think waiting for O is worse because you have that stress of planning BDing right (unless you do the every other day route...which is fun but doesn't seem to happen with us ;) ). With the TWW you know there's nothing really more to do so it's less stressful! To me anyways :)

I concur. Timing it just sucks. It does. I hate being like "OK, well we HAVE to do it tonight" and makes it feel more like a chore. I've stopped telling dh when its an important day but I think he figures it out since I leave my opk sticks in the bathroom. Oh well.

mod19- Ooh, that sounds like a fun hobby! The only craft I am waiting to make is the announcement I am going to show DH & then our pregnancy announcement... but I am gonna wait until I get a BFP. -supersticious- I also concur about making BD'ing a chore! This is our first month TTC so I reeeeally hope it won't dampen our moods :(

caringo- Timing does suck! Although I should be O'ing middle/late next week so DH and I will begin on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday for hopeful results...

DandJ if your on your first month you'll be alright. Were on month 49...gets a little old after that lol.

DandJ if your on your first month you'll be alright. Were on month 49...gets a little old after that lol.
Yeah, I shouldn't complain as others such as yourself have been trying for so long :(

Yeah, I shouldn't complain as others such as yourself have been trying for so long :(

Noooo that's not what I meant at all!!! The first months you're excited so I was saying it won't dampen things at all.

Noooo that's not what I meant at all!!! The first months you're excited so I was saying it won't dampen things at all.
Haha, I didn't take it the wrong way! :thumbup: I just didn't want to be upset since others have been trying for so long and more like a chore :)

Any ladies still waiting for O day? Based on my temps I haven't O'd yet...phooey. Think this cycle may end up being anovulatory.

Yup, still waiting. P-tracker says maybe tomorrow but I don't know... I don't temp yet but weirdly had one day of fertile CM a few days ago and nothing since then and nothing on OPKs.
I really really hope it isn't annovulatory! I hope yours isn't either caringo.

Still waiting, but my OPKs are getting darker sloooowly. I'm too impatient for this game...

mintastic: Here's to getting that eggie out there! Have you ever had an anovulatory cycle that you know of?

stellaluna: ugh, waiting is the worst! Hope you catch that egg!

AFM: Feeling some major sharp pain on my left side right now. Could be ovulation, could maybe even be implantation...or could just be from gas :haha:

No but I was on BC all of my adult life so I really have no idea. Only been off for a little while and this is my first month tracking a bit (not temping yet though).

I'm with you, my cycles are long and I normally ovulate around cd23/24.

I'm on CD18 today and will be taking an OPK right when I get home to see, but according to the attached pics, I was positive for CD16&17. We BD'd Sunday night and yesterday evening. Will be BDing again tomorrow evening as well.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 7
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    17 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members