Late O- How to pass the time

CD21 - nothing yet. I seriously hope these OPKs are accurate and I didn't miss it!

You guys. I'm seriously dying here haha. I'm legitimately starting new hobbies so I don't kill myself with the wait. This is ridiculous.

Omg wish I could! I'm obsessing over my cycles and TTC it's borderline crazy and frightening. :rofl:

I am obsessing also. And so mad at my doctor for not advising me to go off BC sooner. When we were WTT we could have just used condoms for a few months while I figured out my cycle!

What hobbies Stella?

I'm sitting in front of my computer watching YouTube videos with a crochet hook in hand, learning to crochet. I also started a new book two nights ago but I'm almost done. Glad it's a series haha :p

I guess one of my hobbies is finding a way to announce to friends and family we're expecting. I already know how I'm telling DH but don't want to spoil it yet because I'm superstitious.

What book are you reading? I haven't read in a month, maybe I should do that... I like reading books before they hit the big screen.

I'm in the same boat - this wait is driving me NUTS! Thankfully I'm plenty distracted by planning a baby shower (ironic right?)...I also just got this in the mail and I'm pretty excited!

https://www.zazzle.com/worlds_best_dad_coffee_mug-168317050400915472

I'm giving it to hubby whenever I get my BFP. It's just like the one Michael Scott has in The Office (TV show) except, his says boss instead of dad :) That's our favorite show. I think he's gonna like it!!

DandJ, I've been racking my brain these last few months trying to think of a clever way to announce it to family! I know how I'm going to do my FB announcement, but I really want something creative and fun for family...

stellaluna: isn't crocheting a great distraction?! ;)

mint: really hope you didn't miss it either! that would be the worst!

Stella - do you work outside the home or go to school or anything?

Theoretically I ought to be busy with work but I would rather procrastine and obsess instead.

I am reading a book called Do you Believe in Magic? Which is pop science nonfiction that debunks a lot of alternative/complementary medicine and also explains how the things that do work, work.
It is kind of annoying because my doctor recommended acupuncture but this book explains that while acupuncture works in a way... It can do more harm than good and actually acupressure or massage works just as well with less risk - that's oversimplifying but the jist of it.

@Caringo- Awww, I'm sure he would love that! As for being creative for announcements, have you tried Googling or Pinteresting ideas for such announcements?? They have SO many!

@Mint- That book sounds interesting :)

Mint- I do work, but I have Wednesdays off :) Unfortunately work is only a distraction when I'm there.

DandJ- I do that, too. I've thought of ways to tell DH, our parents, my best friend, and FB... it's kind of sad haha. I don't know what I'll do if it takes a long long time to get my BFP. I've exhausted my options!

It is interesting - the section I am in now is on vitamins. I have heard such mixed things about supplements and I know this author does very thorough research so I can't wait to see what he has to say about them.

As for announcements, if/when it happens I am afraid to tell anyone! I have been told by my doctors that my EDS puts me at increased risk for MC and I am very superstitious. I will probably just tell DH and my MIL but I am afraid even to tell them.

@Caringo- Awww, I'm sure he would love that! As for being creative for announcements, have you tried Googling or Pinteresting ideas for such announcements?? They have SO many! )

I have, but honestly I hate most of what I see! Haha, that sounds really rude, but either it's just boring or it's too overused. I liked the idea of taking a group pic and then saying "1..2...we're pregnant!" and then getting their reactions, but so many people use that...I thought the fake movie poster one and the mom over the toilet with dad with his thumbs up one were great, until I saw a million versions and just got tired of them! I'm such a snob :haha:

My idea back in June when I was hoping to get pregnant right away was to announce it on the 4th of July by taking apart those little party poppers, and filling them with tiny notes that said "We're Pregnant!" so when my family would pop them, they would be like "what the heck what are these?" and then read them :winkwink: I suppose it would work for a NYE announcement too!

It is interesting - the section I am in now is on vitamins. I have heard such mixed things about supplements and I know this author does very thorough research so I can't wait to see what he has to say about them.

Who is the book by?

The book is by Dr. Paul Offit.
I started following his work after reading his Autism's False Profits since I work with students on the spectrum.

@Caringo- Awww, I'm sure he would love that! As for being creative for announcements, have you tried Googling or Pinteresting ideas for such announcements?? They have SO many! )

I have, but honestly I hate most of what I see! Haha, that sounds really rude, but either it's just boring or it's too overused. I liked the idea of taking a group pic and then saying "1..2...we're pregnant!" and then getting their reactions, but so many people use that...I thought the fake movie poster one and the mom over the toilet with dad with his thumbs up one were great, until I saw a million versions and just got tired of them! I'm such a snob :haha:

My idea back in June when I was hoping to get pregnant right away was to announce it on the 4th of July by taking apart those little party poppers, and filling them with tiny notes that said "We're Pregnant!" so when my family would pop them, they would be like "what the heck what are these?" and then read them :winkwink: I suppose it would work for a NYE announcement too!
I definitely agree that the announcement variations are over used and that's why my announcement for DH/family will be a secret because I have not found online where anyone has done this. I can't wait to reveal to you all!

I really liked that idea about the party poppers! What about along the same lines as using fortune cookies and the announcement inside? Order chinese with your family and when they eat the cookie, ta-da! :winkwink:

I definitely agree that the announcement variations are over used and that's why my announcement for DH/family will be a secret because I have not found online where anyone has done this. I can't wait to reveal to you all!

I really liked that idea about the party poppers! What about along the same lines as using fortune cookies and the announcement inside? Order chinese with your family and when they eat the cookie, ta-da! :winkwink:

Haha, that would be so awesome! I feel like I'm the only one who ever eats the fortune cookies though! :haha:

How is everyone doing today?? Anyone O'ing/has O'd? My temp has gone up the past couple days, but not by much...I think my thermometer might be faulty anyways. Last night I had hubby take his temp before bed and it was under 97 - doesn't that seem pretty low for right before bed?? I mean, he had fallen asleep for a bit on the couch before then...but still, he's usually very warm!

No CM for me the last couple days either, that I remember...I was about to put EWCM on my chart for yesterday, but when I stopped to think about it I realized I'm pretty sure I dreamed I had it! :haha: I think that's a sign I'm obsessing a bit!

Aw, that's a shame but if you nudge them a little to eat the cookie... but that would be obvious, wouldn't it? :lol:

I should be O'ing any day now! I've had +OPKs the past 4 days which is making me wonder. I had a big temp spike yesterday morning but today wasn't as big... so I have no idea! Haven't been checking my CM 'cause I'm lazy.... also TMI, but after BDing yesterday, holy leakage batman! I was pretty grossed out tbh :lol:

Not sure what the average temp is before going to bed... all I know is that my room is so hot during the summer that I'm always burning up. And I know all about the obsessing part :winkwink:

How is everyone doing today?? Anyone O'ing/has O'd?

-Think- I might O soon. CP is very high and got a -no on FR digi OPK but a dark line. First time I ever got any kind of line at all on one. It says not to read them like that but I feel like it has to mean -something-.

How is everyone doing today?? Anyone O'ing/has O'd?

-Think- I might O soon. CP is very high and got a -no on FR digi OPK but a dark line. First time I ever got any kind of line at all on one. It says not to read them like that but I feel like it has to mean -something-.
Have you researched to see if other ladies got a dark line on a FR Digi OPK? I've never used one so I couldn't tell ya, sorry :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->