Late September Babies Thread!

It was pink and brown n def not hemorrhoids etc. The same thing happened the week I found out I was preg n I was convinced I was losing the baby but then everything was ok! I've had no more spotting since so I'm going to rest up and see what happens. If there is any more I'll contact the EPU or midwife but trying to stay calm n hope that it was just an incident I can put down to experience!! Sorry for the freak out, I don't know how I'll cope for the rest of this pregnancy!!!

Thanks girls, I had a little more spotting today, still brown and lighter than yesterday but I rang the EPU but they aren't open as its bank holiday so I rang triage and they said that if it isn't red with pain I've to rest and call the EPU in the morning to see what they say. The nurse was very reassuring but I can't help but be a little nervous! Going to head to bed and deal with it in the morning. I hope you are all well n thanks for the support xxx

Anyone else feel like crap? I am 14.5 weeks and have had awful headaches for the past two weeks, today it started in the morning and is still here in the evening, took one extra strength tylenol twice today and had a half a cup of tea, also drank coconut water and water. My energy seems to be a bit better, but head is not good at all, nausea still here and there, if I don't eat for over three hours it hits me worse.

Hope everyone is feeling more energetic!

So, we had our scan at 13 weeks, 2 weeks ago and afterwards they said go and book your 20 week scan. Anyway, long story short is that they didn't have any appointments! Are you joking???
Anyway we got a letter and was put on the waiting list and told to ring in a couple of weeks So.... just got off the phone..... still no appointments and apparently i'm slightly premature about calling for info and i need to wait another 2 or 3 weeks to hear what is happening :wacko:

To make matters slightly more difficult we are on hol to see my parents when i am 19 weeks and there is a bank holiday the following Monday. Leaving 9 working days for the scan. I'm so mad and feel like i'm constantly on a list. I just want to get the date so i can plan round it, instead we are made to feel like they will be doing us a favour when they can actually fit us in :ignore:

Its just under £200 for us to go private but i'm standing my ground on this one. Its what we all pay our taxes for.... Anyone else in a similar situation??

Went to the EPU this morning and heard a strong baby heart beat :) nurse said the spotting will be down to constipation causing me to strain! Feel very happy knowing that baby is happy and healthy :) hopefully no more scares x

Jaynie - You can have your "20 week scan" between 18-22 weeks so that's quite a time frame for you to be slotted in. I'm afraid I'm not in your position - I got my appt in the post a week after my dating scan. Mine is booked for 10th May (20+1) I think! I hope you hear something soon as I know how annoying it is trying to organise things as I've got all of my shifts booked now for the whole of April so if I didn't have my scan date yet I'd be really panicking about fitting it in around work (I don't get paid for antenatal appts as I have to cancel the shift).

Went to the EPU this morning and heard a strong baby heart beat :) nurse said the spotting will be down to constipation causing me to strain! Feel very happy knowing that baby is happy and healthy :) hopefully no more scares x

Great news!

Noo, that is interesting.... On the letter they gave me it said they would only do it up to 20+6.....

Another Q, did you get your blood results from your 12 week scan?? Called in with the doc today and they said i should receive them in the post. It may be the bank hol that has slightly impacted them. Scan was 2 weeks ago

Noo, that is interesting.... On the letter they gave me it said they would only do it up to 20+6.....

Another Q, did you get your blood results from your 12 week scan?? Called in with the doc today and they said i should receive them in the post. It may be the bank hol that has slightly impacted them. Scan was 2 weeks ago

I didn't have any blood tests with my 12 week scan. I opted out of having NT screening and had a simple dating scan. As a midwife I know my age related risk of DS is pretty small so didn't want to be making any life changing decisions based on a "maybe" from blood tests xx Gimme a shout in PM if I can help you with anything.

I didn't have any blood tests with my 12 week scan. I opted out of having NT screening and had a simple dating scan. As a midwife I know my age related risk of DS is pretty small so didn't want to be making any life changing decisions based on a "maybe" from blood tests xx Gimme a shout in PM if I can help you with anything.

I think I'm in the small minority of people who opted out of the screening too. I didn't have it with the other three boys, and I have a sister with a disability, so I know it wouldn't change anything for my plans. I figure I will see anything seriously mechanically wrong at 20 weeks and go from there if this happens. I'm 35 now, so slightly more risk, but hey ho, life's a risk.... Fingers crossed all is okay for all of us.

Had gender scan but baby rather uncooperative!!! Umbilical cord between legs. He is 99% sure boy tho. Going back free of charge next week to confirm.

Had gender scan but baby rather uncooperative!!! Umbilical cord between legs. He is 99% sure boy tho. Going back free of charge next week to confirm.

Wow! Im so jealous! I have to wait till my 20 week scan :(

We had the screening on the basis that knowing if we have a higher possibility of something being wrong, we will just have some time to mentally prepare, it wouldn't make us think twice about the pregnancy!
There'll be no gender scan for us, we are staying team :yellow: I'd love to know, just out of curiosity but we both agree to wait until the end! DH already thinks boy and lots of others have had the same prediction, I honestly have no clue about it!
Also, weighed myself yesterday and I've now gained 5lbs! Feeling so big! How much do they say women gain on average?

We did do the NT scan/serum screening this time but probably won't do it next time. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it! :haha:

Of all the blood work I have ever had done this pregnancy I have never seen or been told anything really. Except for "it looks good". Lol

I am staying away from the scale like the plague. Haha, if I need to start monitoring it I will but for now I'm good not knowing. Generally, they say women of normal BMI should gain between 25-35lbs or so. That's what I was always told anyway.

Between 7 and 15kg is normally what we say. Those of normal weight should be on the higher end and those with a raised BMI the much lower end of under 10kg.

How's everyone feeling? My ms is back full force!! Had a headache for two days and been puking again :( I thought this phase had passed. Anyone else still getting sickness/nausea?

I have been getting nauseous again. Most of my sickness is limited to the morning (with the exception of yesterday when I felt like crap literally all day, but Saturday was an extremely busy and long day). The headache from yesterday has returned this morning but hopefully that'll go away as the day progresses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->