Late September Babies Thread!

When I had my daughter 4 years ago, I had my first prenatal at 12 weeks. The OB/GYN department has a small u/s machine for first appt measurements for dating purposes. I didn't have my first real u/s with an ultrasound tech until 16 weeks. I think every clinic is different in their procedures though, and I've moved since then so we'll see what the new clinic will bring...

Is anyone else continuing to test? It is all so surreal, so I tested again today. I attached both, from yesterday which is lighter at 13 dpo (i think) and today which seems a little darker (14 dpo I think). I feel really good, but also cautious and don't know how I would know if I had a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage...so have the urge to keep checking. I am not going to anymore though.
I also woke up a lot last night in the night, maybe because I have a lot on my mind.

Going off caffeine too, anyone else? Was only drinking one cup of tea a day, I am going to ween myself off, with half a cup to 1/4 cup green tea.

Attachments

• love.jpg
    love.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 1
  • love 14dpo.jpg
    love 14dpo.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
Is anyone else continuing to test? It is all so surreal, so I tested again today. I attached both, from yesterday which is lighter at 13 dpo (i think) and today which seems a little darker (14 dpo I think). I feel really good, but also cautious and don't know how I would know if I had a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage...so have the urge to keep checking. I am not going to anymore though.
I also woke up a lot last night in the night, maybe because I have a lot on my mind.

Going off caffeine too, anyone else? Was only drinking one cup of tea a day, I am going to ween myself off, with half a cup to 1/4 cup green tea.

I tested again this morning too, to see if the line was darker and it was a little. I have one test left so think I am going to wait until next weekend in hope that its a super dark like by then. I had exactly the same broken night sleep as you! Must all be whizzing around in our heads!

Is this your first? :baby:

Yes, I kept testing until yesterday 18DPO. These are my tests from 17DPO and the Equate was yesterday:
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/4396FB83-20AE-43BC-A566-3DFE5FFC2F64-1904-0000028F2E1D16E2_zps2c8a53b1.jpg

I may pick up a couple 88 cent WalMart cheapies to use once a week until I get to go in for my first appt.
I think yesterday's line was excellent, so I feel confident about it. :)

As for caffeine, I started cutting down while TTC. I almost got to the point of no caffeine a day. However, now that exhaustion is starting to hit me I have allowed myself between 55-110mg a day (at the very very most). I have a hard time keeping up with my 4 year old otherwise. Haha!

I tested again this morning too, to see if the line was darker and it was a little. I have one test left so think I am going to wait until next weekend in hope that its a super dark like by then. I had exactly the same broken night sleep as you! Must all be whizzing around in our heads!

Is this your first? :baby:

Yes! It is our first. Makes me smile to think of others going through similar things!
Yes, I am trying to stay chill as much as possible. But also googling things I can and can't eat. I am going to call the dr tomorrow and try to make an appointment asap. There is usually some wait time here (nyc).

Is it your first?

Yes, I kept testing until yesterday 18DPO. These are my tests from 17DPO and the Equate was yesterday:
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/4396FB83-20AE-43BC-A566-3DFE5FFC2F64-1904-0000028F2E1D16E2_zps2c8a53b1.jpg

I may pick up a couple 88 cent WalMart cheapies to use once a week until I get to go in for my first appt.

As for caffeine, I started cutting down while TTC. I almost got to the point of no caffeine a day. However, now that exhaustion is starting to hit me I have allowed myself between 55-110mg a day (at the very very most). I have a hard time keeping up with my 4 year old otherwise. Haha!

That is a good idea! My sister said I don't have to take any more tests, but she has never TTC, so I might. I don't have any left (only had a few).
I was tired a few days ago, so tired! Now, I am ok, feel more energy.

Do you have any bloating? I feel like I already look like I am a tiny bit preggers, but obviously I am not showing yet.

That is a good idea! My sister said I don't have to take any more tests, but she has never TTC, so I might. I don't have any left (only had a few).
I was tired a few days ago, so tired! Now, I am ok, feel more energy.

Do you have any bloating? I feel like I already look like I am a tiny bit preggers, but obviously I am not showing yet.

Yes, really after the first definite positive you don't have to keep testing. I'm a POAS addict and really wanted to see a progression, which I got beautifully. :thumbup: My energy level is just super low, no motivation at all.

As for bloating: OMG!! Yes, a lot of it and it's all in my belly. I look pregnant already too and almost none of my pants fit me anymore without keeping them unbuttoned. Needless to say I pulled the maternity pants out of storage already :wacko: I may actually start wearing them as soon as I wash them... I was hoping the bloating would go down but I don't think that it will!

Yes, really after the first definite positive you don't have to keep testing. I'm a POAS addict and really wanted to see a progression, which I got beautifully. :thumbup: My energy level is just super low, no motivation at all.

As for bloating: OMG!! Yes, a lot of it and it's all in my belly. I look pregnant already too and almost none of my pants fit me anymore without keeping them unbuttoned. Needless to say I pulled the maternity pants out of storage already :wacko: I may actually start wearing them as soon as I wash them... I was hoping the bloating would go down but I don't think that it will!

Yes, I can see that, nice! I think I see a little progression from yesterday to today in mine, the line on the left is darker today, so that seems good! I can't wait to go to the dr. and see it or hear it, whenever that happens, and I especially can't wait for my husband to come home! (he is in Europe til Friday)

the last 2 times i had coffee i felt like i was going to die

Right, good to know, so you aren't having it anymore?
I was only drinking tea, so I have switched to rooibos (with half and half too), is similarly satisfying for me. The green tea helped my headache a little that was so so intense. Yesterday was my first day without my morning tea, so that little bit of green tea did the trick, weening off. Only had 1/4 of a mug of green tea today.

I only tested once. I think I was 15dpo (my confusion over my O date) The test line was so dark it made the control line fainter so I felt pretty confident :thumbup:. I tested same DPO with my other two girls and never had such a dark line so it makes me think I did O 7 days earlier. I'm going to a new OB so I'm not sure if they will date my pg or not yet.

Attachments

• my third.jpg
    my third.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 5
Took another test today and was very dark. Off too see doctor on Tuesday... So far ok with sleep but am sure that is to come!

Yes, I can see that, nice! I think I see a little progression from yesterday to today in mine, the line on the left is darker today, so that seems good! I can't wait to go to the dr. and see it or hear it, whenever that happens, and I especially can't wait for my husband to come home! (he is in Europe til Friday)

Haha, I got my first positive on Jan 10 at 9DPO. Tested on 9-14DPO and 16-18DPO. I've got 9 used tests sitting in my bathroom closet right now, 8 of them being FRERs. It went from very very fair on 9DPO to very dark by 17 and 18DPO. Loved seeing it :thumbup:
I can't wait to go to the doctor either!!
Does your DH know yet?

Yes! I emailed him a picture of the test and was able to reach him, we've talked twice. He is really really happy, but wants to wait to get excited until more time has passed (I don't think he wants to be let down).

Yes! It is our first. Makes me smile to think of others going through similar things!
Yes, I am trying to stay chill as much as possible. But also googling things I can and can't eat. I am going to call the dr tomorrow and try to make an appointment asap. There is usually some wait time here (nyc).

Is it your first?

Yes it is my first as well! :flower: I think I am going to try and book my appt too, I live in England. Glad there is someone to talk to who knows exactly what you're thinking as its too early (for me) to mider all my friends and family about it :haha:

Harvestqueen: That's good :) I can understand wanting to try to wait until more time goes by to get excited. I can't help but be excited!

Yellowhaze: I am so thankful for the ladies on here! I don't want to tell my news yet and if I didn't have someone to chat with about this I might go insane! :haha:

Yup! I've still been testing! I'll attach a pic of my progression though I have no FRER left and don't think I'll but any more. I do have another digi but I'm gonna leave that a few weeks so I can see a progression in the conception indicator. They should be attached in order of peeing!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Inverted.jpg
    Inverted.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Digi.jpg
    Digi.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Tests.jpg
    Tests.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 3
Are you guys giving your Dr's your dates based on ovulation or LMP? My dates vary between EDD of 25th September for EDD but realistically it'd be 1st October based on ovulation. They always go by LMP until scan, don't they?

DH and I have decided we arent going to tell anyone until st.paddy's day. We usually have a big dinner and it will be around 12 weeks, so unless I get huge before that... It should be perfect. <3

I went in to the doctor yesterday for a pee test- They want to have one on file before they do anything else. Tuesday I will be making an appointment for a consult with my doctor. I have a feeling they will just want to talk and tell me all the things I already know. :) Then make the 8 week ultrasound appt. I would LOVE to schedule that for Valentine's Day! (Which is really more like 7 weeks...) After that, I need to choose my delivery doctor. So many things to do. All happy things though! Definitely feel a bit overwhelmed. :wacko:

Are you guys giving your Dr's your dates based on ovulation or LMP? My dates vary between EDD of 25th September for EDD but realistically it'd be 1st October based on ovulation. They always go by LMP until scan, don't they?

I read that the edd was calculated by 40 weeks from your lmp.
Mine of Sept 25 is 40 weeks from lmp, otherwise it would be about two weeks later than that if it was from my ovulation time I think.
I read that they do it like that just because it is a solid fact, where-as, even if it seems like fact, actual conception could be a little harder to pinpoint and that the range of 38-42 weeks is more realistic for delivery date. But this is not based on experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->