Late September Babies Thread!

Ill be 34 weeks and 3 days when I finish for mat leave, not that I'm counting ha ha!! I've got a heavy clinic on Tuesday where we've got 8 people in who all need to be hoisted and man handled. I'm thinking it will be interesting, the team is used to letting me do the donkey work, but the risk assessment will be kicking in as my bump is gong to get in the way! I think they will be shocked at work tomorrow at how much I've grown in he almost 2 weeks I've not been in!

Ill be 34 weeks and 3 days when I finish for mat leave, not that I'm counting ha ha!! I've got a heavy clinic on Tuesday where we've got 8 people in who all need to be hoisted and man handled. I'm thinking it will be interesting, the team is used to letting me do the donkey work, but the risk assessment will be kicking in as my bump is gong to get in the way! I think they will be shocked at work tomorrow at how much I've grown in he almost 2 weeks I've not been in!

The risk assessment will have officially kicked in as soon as it was completed and you'd informed them you were expecting. You can't do any lifting or manual handling really! I do find colleagues are more inclined to help you when they can physically "SEE" a pregnancy rather than just being aware of it!

The risk assessment will have officially kicked in as soon as it was completed and you'd informed them you were expecting. You can't do any lifting or manual handling really! I do find colleagues are more inclined to help you when they can physically "SEE" a pregnancy rather than just being aware of it!

Definitely true! We're so short staffed, I know all the NHS staff are, that I think it's easier to just "plod on" too as, like you say, people can't see it so they don't see that it's a risk or a problem, more an excuse. However, come Tuesday there will be surprises in store!! I stepped up to team leader role a year ago now, and I have carried them all, so to speak, so it's going to be a shock for them when they've got to do some heave ho!! And I think I will enjoy it!! And start counting down the weeks! :happydance:

Definitely true! We're so short staffed, I know all the NHS staff are, that I think it's easier to just "plod on" too as, like you say, people can't see it so they don't see that it's a risk or a problem, more an excuse. However, come Tuesday there will be surprises in store!! I stepped up to team leader role a year ago now, and I have carried them all, so to speak, so it's going to be a shock for them when they've got to do some heave ho!! And I think I will enjoy it!! And start counting down the weeks! :happydance:

What do you work as? I find the NHS tends to run on the goodwill of the staff... I think if more people actually kicked up a fuss about being short staffed to a dangerous level then they'd get it sorted. But no, muggins like us just get on with it, cover the gaps and work late and without breaks for no pay. Pah! I do like my job though - When I'm not pregnant!

What do you work as? I find the NHS tends to run on the goodwill of the staff... I think if more people actually kicked up a fuss about being short staffed to a dangerous level then they'd get it sorted. But no, muggins like us just get on with it, cover the gaps and work late and without breaks for no pay. Pah! I do like my job though - When I'm not pregnant!

By trade I'm an Occuptional Therapist, but I've worked in a wheelchair and seating service for the last 12 years. I'm now team leader so I see the complex patients, so babies up to older adults with complex physical disability. I love that part of it, it's the management I don't like. We recently moved trusts and integrated with another local service, and there are massive changes, and I feel pressure from above to do things managerially that my clinical head does not agree with at all. :nope: but I can't see myself having the same level of passion for any other job, so I'll stay put for now!

As a teacher I'm finishing for summer in 7 weeks when I'll be 31 weeks but I'm going back in Sept for one week to hand over my role to mat cover so I'll officially finish as 37.5 weeks. These next 7 weeks are going to be tough because I am starting to feel very tired already n usually I'm a very patient person but within 20 mins of going back to work today I was stressed and losing my patience with other staff! Same as with Nhs, in school it's just expected that you will work late and do things that are not part of your role, because it needs to be done, but that's exhausting on top of normal teaching and marking etc!! Sorry for the moan, having a bad day that started with my car breaking down on way to work n then a testing day!!! Going to eat dinner n watch some crap tv :)

Wannabthemum I'm a teacher too and doing the same. Working the 1st week in September. Finish on Friday 6th and due date sun 8th so officially will be 39+5 when I stop work!

Wow that's close Maybe!! Lets hope that he doesn't decide to make an appearance a couple of days early!

It's so hard being pregnant and working I think. It's taking it out of me now. I am counting down the weeks, nobody is really that bothered that you're knackered and feeling hormonal and achy and stuff. I've got loads of achy twinges now, and I get the impression that nobody at work could care less! So long as the work gets done.......
Sorry for the moan.
Wannab, hope you got your car sorted and you have a better day tomorrow!

I'm a teacher too! 2 weeks left of school for the summer then going back in September until the 20th- I'm due the 26th. I was going to stay until Sept 24th but if baby comes a bit early the paperwork is a mess to deal with. I'm going to be EXHAUSTED. (Grade 1 teacher!) Well, already exhausted and have a nasty cold from those little germ carriers. :(

Wow that's close Maybe!! Lets hope that he doesn't decide to make an appearance a couple of days early!

Lol! With my first I worked right til my due date and went into labour the next day. With my next 2 I worked til 39w. So far no early comers!

I'm a teacher too! 2 weeks left of school for the summer then going back in September until the 20th- I'm due the 26th. I was going to stay until Sept 24th but if baby comes a bit early the paperwork is a mess to deal with. I'm going to be EXHAUSTED. (Grade 1 teacher!) Well, already exhausted and have a nasty cold from those little germ carriers. :(

We still have 5 weeks of term left! I'm finding it tough. Ready for the hols, though with three kids its not going to be too restful :haha:

Asher try to rest as much as you can, not that that's easy with 3 little ones!

I'm excited at the prospect of potentially being on maternity leave NEXT MONTH! Admittedly it'd be the VERY END of next month but I think I'd benefit from spending the summer with DS, trying to train the dog to leave the baby's things alone and avoid the 130 mile drive every day! It does feel a little early but I can't really see what else I can do as I don't think I can work beyond 32 weeks :(

I work in a supermarket, doing pretty physical work. Wont be on leave until 39 weeks, but am already struggling with the workload :(
No one there really understands at all, it gets sad when im so tired and having heart burn and back pain etc.
Stupid work.

Just noticed your ticker says you are getting married this weekend Court, good luck, have a wonderful day x

My almost 24wk bump pic :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 6
I think my bump is about the same size NIMum but I'm on no1 n you are on No3! Don't they say they get bigger each pregnancy!!! OMG I'm going to be huge by No3, you look great!!! :) I'm going to take my next pic at 25 weeks next weds

Aw thank you I do feel huge, I hardly had any bump with my first a lot of people didn't even realise I was pregnant until I told them and that was at 30+week, but my little miss was only 5lb 12oz so that could explain that. With my 2nd I was bigger, and this time round I am sticking out a lot more but I think it will round out more than poke out maybe? Shall see about that tho lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->