Late September Babies Thread!

Lovely bump :)

I am also bigger now than I was at 24 weeks with my first. But the doctor told me to expect this one to be about a pound or so bigger than my first. We had our 24 week appt today and the nurse said the same thing as well. To expect at least a pound bigger. I really hope she doesn't go too much bigger tho! My first was 6lbs. :haha: but it is what it is, if she's healthy it'll all be worth it :)

Lovely bump! I may get brave and post one later ;)

The top picture is 24 weeks with my first (sorry the quality is bad, I took a picture of the picture on my other computer that doesn't have Internet, lol). The bottom one was taken last Sunday. Hmm, not only am I bigger this time (my belly button is already starting to pop and that didn't happen until about 28 weeks last time), but it looks like I'm carrying even higher this time too.

https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/F905C729-D833-426D-B6E8-95B95777C0B8-3996-000004C3F41C9983_zpsf890ca21.jpg

Aww lovely bump - 6lb is pretty much classed as underweight these days so I'd hope your baby will be a good 7lb :)

Aww lovely bump - 6lb is pretty much classed as underweight these days so I'd hope your baby will be a good 7lb :)

Thank you :)

6lbs is a tiny baby, I know DD1 was. I am hoping for at least a 7lb baby this time. :thumbup:
The only reason I'd be slightly concerned about her weight is if she got to be 9lbs or more. I don't have much in the way of hips, so that big of a baby for my body structure would greatly increase my odds of needing a C-section. When it all comes down to it, healthy is the most important though :)
(I totally did not mean to come across that I wanted an underweight baby)

my first was 5lb 12oz my 2nd 6lb 12oz both born 3days early so maybe this little baby will fllow in there sisters feet come early and perhaps 7lb 12oz lol

my first was 5lb 12oz my 2nd 6lb 12oz both born 3days early so maybe this little baby will fllow in there sisters feet come early and perhaps 7lb 12oz lol

Hehe - I certainly hope mine isn't a lb heavier this time round! I initially asked for a section but I may compromise and ask for an earlier induction and be delivered at 39/40 weeks.

I may end up with an induction at 39 weeks. The way she kicks me indicates to me that she may be ready to see the world before that though(almost like she is attempting to kick her way out! :haha:) We're just going to play things by ear and see how it goes. Hopefully my fluid levels stay normal and my blood pressure stays down. The upcoming 3rd trimester is the real test for all that though!

I can hardly believe we are getting so close to that final trimester!

cute bump adopim, both my girls i went into spontaneous labor altho thinking about it id rather go a little early than go over. you know if you have diabetes do they like to start you early? i dont but its just popped into my head (i have my test on the 4th july)

cute bump adopim, both my girls i went into spontaneous labor altho thinking about it id rather go a little early than go over. you know if you have diabetes do they like to start you early? i dont but its just popped into my head (i have my test on the 4th july)

Thank you :)

I didnt have GD last time and my test this time is in a couple weeks. I believe that if you have GD that they monitor the growth of the baby. I think they will induce early if baby is getting too big.
In my case I was induced 9 days early due to low fluid and high blood pressure. And she had not gained any weight for a couple weeks so it was decided that it was better if she just came out.

Young nimum at how many weeks do u have the test? Seeing the midwife on mon when I will be 25 weeks so just wondering if she will do it then. I know there is some differences depending on where u live. I'm originally from Northern Ireland and be back regularly to see family!

my eldest was 2weeks behind in growth but they let me carry on till my due date but she came early, apart from her small weight and being tiny she was well and had no problems.

mine will be at 28weeks but its a day they only have people come in for the test as youv gotta hang around a few hours. what part of NI are you from? its the first time iv had to get the test and this is my third so im a little unaware of what the whole thing entails

Oh interesting! We will see what Monday brings. Originally from omagh but been away 7 years. Was only supposed to be away 3 years then I said I would be back. That was before I met dh! Where are u?

Most hospitals will only do the GTT if you're overweight at booking. I am but my BMI isn't 35 so I don't get one. I just had a random glucose done at booking which was actually low!

Oh interesting! We will see what Monday brings. Originally from omagh but been away 7 years. Was only supposed to be away 3 years then I said I would be back. That was before I met dh! Where are u?

iv been reading on here alot of peoples is different tho, iv been told to fast before i go and ill be there at least 3-4 hours, , my BMI was high so thats why iv to get it down this time not everyone is offered it in the uk where i think in the USA everyone gets it done. :shrug: :coffee:

my OH is from England, so i went to live there for a while about 6-7 months with him but we both decided to come bk here, we have a lovely little cottege in the country now and hes been living here 5years and says hed never go back :haha:
i live outside Belfast near downpatrick.

The glucose test is standard for everyone between 25-28 weeks here. I believe it's common US practice, but I've only lived in Minnesota my whole life and the two OB practices that I have been to (one for my DD and my new office for this baby) it is standard to do the 1-hr test (no fasting). If that one is failed they move on to the 3-hr. I passed it in my last pregnancy and will be taking it in a couple weeks for this pregnancy but I'm not worried.

Hey all, hope everyone is well. I'm leaving work at 30 weeks on Drs orders. He said if I could promise to not walk around and just sit at my desk I could work until 34, but I couldn't so..... 6 more weeks for me.

Everyone has such great bumps!

I'm feeling sorry for myself. Twins bumps are huge :(

Here's a comparison of my single pregnancy and this one. (24 weeks)

24weekcomp.jpg

It's all bump phantom :) looks great. I bet you are getting tired now! Only 6 working weeks tho :)

Thansk! :) I am so tired... I was a bit bummed at first about having to quit to early, but the more I think about it, the more I realize it will be nice to sleep in :)

Yay! I'm only working till 31 weeks. I've absolutely had enough. SPD is killing me and I don't really seem to be getting much let up at work either. Still asked to go fetch stuff which means going to the other side of the ward, back and forth, back and forth.... I just can't do it much beyond another 6/7 weeks. I may go off before that but on sick if needs be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->