Late September Babies Thread!

It is getting exciting! I've finished knitting my baby blanket and have got stuff to do a cardigan now. I'm also trying to teach myself to crochet, fairly unsuccessfully!!
Baby wise, I don't need much now, apart from the gorgeous changing bag I want and a new buggy board. There are things to organise with the cot going back up, crib and carrycot coming down from the loft, but most things are bought and sorted. Haven't thought about packing hospital bags yet, but will get onto that over the next few weeks.

Oooh I've just bought myself some crochet hooks to teach myself to crochet and make a blanket :) I'm not sure how successful I'll be as at the moment I can't even decide what wool/yarn is appropriate!

I used to crotchet years ago, but have since forgot how. If I wanted to I could probably re-teach myself. I think my sister said that knitting is harder than crotcheting (she taught herself to do both), so hopefully you feel the same and you have no trouble!

The hospital bag is on my list. Just because every pregnancy is different I want to make sure I'm prepared. I'll probably get to it around 30 weeks.

I'm finding crochet really hard! I think with knitting it seems easier as the stitches are right there on your needle, where with crochet you're picking them up as you go along. I've done about 4 rows now so going to keep practicing and see how it goes. I'm so tempted to just get the knitting needles out as I know more what I'm doing! Argh!

Anybody taken in the past, or going to be taking birthing classes? I want to but its so expensive and insurance doesnt cover it... Thoughts? Experiences?

Anybody taken in the past, or going to be taking birthing classes? I want to but its so expensive and insurance doesnt cover it... Thoughts? Experiences?

I did with my first but won't be this time x

Ditto. I did with my first but not the second and third and not this one.

Sorry :( I never even took classes for my first.

I'm going to ask mw about them tomorrow, not sure if I've left it too late to sign up!

i didnt take any classes either, altho i did read alot of baby books which really prepared me with my first even my OH was reading the books to which was lovely

asher iv just finished a crochet blanket, and taught OH's mum to crochet while she was staying with us for a week, i find crochet alot easier than knitting, i havnt knitted anything in about 3 years, iv sold alot of mmy baby crochet hats people seem to love crochet stuff.

some things iv crocheted

Attachments

• crochet hat.jpg
    crochet hat.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
  • crochet 2.jpg
    crochet 2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 0
  • crochet santas.jpg
    crochet santas.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 0
  • crochet3.jpg
    crochet3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
  • crochet4.jpg
    crochet4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 0
its something i like to do when my girls go to bed, plus it dosnt take that long i can have a hat done with in an hour

You have all made me so ashamed of myself! I can't knit or crochet! I can just about sew!! I'm a very creative person and love the idea of knitting but never did any research etc on it!! I think I've found my hobby for the summer hols and the weeks if mat leave before baby arrives :) I'll be looking to you ladies for some tips tho

its not for everyone none of my friends my age do it but my mum taught me and my twin sister when we where younger. I also make girls headbands altho not as big into that as i used to be tbh. if you have some spare time check out how to crochet on youtube the hooks are about £2ish sometimes less if you wont to give it a bash :)

I have no idea what happened to my crochet needles. I think they might've got lost somewhere in one of my moves over the last couple years. Lol
I do know how to sew, but I don't do that either anymore unless required to fix something torn (if it's even fixable).

thank you :) im going to attempt a baby cardigan starting it shortly. my twin sis was going to her hockey xmas dinner and there was a xmas jumper theme so i crocheted her the santas to knit onto a black wolly jumper it looked amazing! i also done some for my xmas tree i added some gorg ribbon to the top.

Hmm... I can't crochet... I can do one line of single stitches and then that is it... I've no idea how to move onto the next line :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->