Late September Babies Thread!

Its my birthday next week so I have been asked what I want from family members and a set of knitting needles, some wool and some basic patterns/starter kit are now top of the list. We have a really good knitting shop local so I might call in over the weekend and pick out some bits :)

Yay Wannab! I'm having trouble with the crochet tonight. I can't seem to get any of it right, not even holding the wool. That's not a good start!!

Yay Wannab! I'm having trouble with the crochet tonight. I can't seem to get any of it right, not even holding the wool. That's not a good start!!

I've given up for tonight... I've mastered the chain stitch but have no idea what to do beyond that. I actually think I have my yarn and stitches too tight as I really can't see how to get IN the stitching to do the next layer. This video has been useful though... I just think my chain is too tight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSzqZ3KrR5I

Thanks Noo. I will have a proper look and another attempt tomorrow, it's driven me mad tonight!! :(

Thanks Noo. I will have a proper look and another attempt tomorrow, it's driven me mad tonight!! :(

I've actually thrown mine on the floor like an absolute child! :haha:

I've actually thrown mine on the floor like an absolute child! :haha:

:haha: I unravelled mine, swore at it and shoved it in the bag!! I've just watched that video, all these people make it look so easy! Tomorrow night and I'm going to come back with more patience and try again. I reckon the key is to get to grips with holding the wool how it best suits you to get the right tension. If it all goes wrong I'm knitting instead!
Night all, I'm off to dream "pick up the yarn , pull it through two, pick up the yarn, pull it through two"........ :sleep:

It took me a few weeks to really get the hang of it when I first learned. I remember getting really frustrated. No judgement from me on throwing it on the floor :haha: I probably did the exact same thing!

WannaB: Yay for July birthdays! (Mine is in a couple of weeks :))

Well I've been practising with the crocheting, and.......

https://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag53/asherashton/null_zps1e043c21.jpg

I think I may be getting the hang of it!

Argh! I still can't do it! Is that a granny square? I've been trying to do single stitch as I prefer the look of those blankets but I just can't do it :(

To a non-knitter like me that looks amazing Asher! I can't imagine being able to do that! Looking forward to getting started in the next week or two!

good job, i like the 2 colors aswell. i crocheted a little red waist coat undecided if i should crochet the arms on are not ill post a pic at some point. x

Thanks girls! I got the wool free in a magazine, there's another 5 colours, so I'm just gonna keep growing it round the edges to make a blanket I think!
Noo, what cracked it for me was the video you posted cos I got the hang of holding the wool how she did, and that really helped! I am dead pleased with my little self!!

im looking forward to crochet this little baby some cute hats, my girls where well kitted out with all the snow we had.

Ack... I'm getting huge! :( My back is KILLING and no idea how I'll cope with another 13+ weeks growth! I definitely think I'm having another whopper! I've also gained 1lb this week so unless it falls off next week I think my weight is on the up though still technically 1.5kg under booking weight but doesn't make it feel any less depressing!

On a plus note... I think I can crochet!!!

Attachments

• 27 Weeks.jpg
    27 Weeks.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1
  • blankie.jpg
    blankie.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 4
Yay Noo! I love your bump pic, you look good! Baby is obviously doing well in there!
And your crochet looks good! I think I have found something I really like now I can get the tension right on the wool. My granny square is coming along really well and I'm on the 4th colour! I think I prefer this to knitting! :)

Beautiful bump Noo :) I forgot to take my bump picture yesterday. I'll have to try to remember today. I hit 28 weeks yesterday and of course we are on a little vacation out of town. Lol

All these pics of crochet items and now I need to post some pics of what I'm working on and get motivated again.

I want to make blankets for these babies. I've started them both but not worked on them in weeks :dohh: But I think since I'm off work at 30 weeks I'll have more time then :)

You gals have inspired me to go out and buy some yarn... I used to knit and crochet all the time- usually in winter since it gets dark so early here... but I think I want to make a blanket! Now, crochet or knit? That is the question! Oh, I also started felting little birds, think I'm going to make a mobile with them. :)

Pregnancy turns us into a hoard of nesting crafty people doesn't it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->