Late September Babies Thread!

Hi Snoopy
I've got one antenatal class left next Weds, had three so far and found them really useful. DH came to the first 3 with me n he found them interesting too. He'd have to take time off for the last one so I'll go alone. Is yours a full day? Mine have been two hours each

Is that with the NCT? Glad you have found it useful, what sort of topics do you cover?

It's just one 4 hour workshop but its tailored for couples and first time parents so should be good :)

I won't be attending any classes this time round.

It's run by the local NHS midwives Snoopy. The sessions have been good, we covered preparing for labour and natural pain relief, e.g massage, then we covered stages of labour inc when to go to hospital, medication that would be available and the different complications that could arise and how they would be managed, last session was breast feeding and my next session is with the health visitor and I think it's about bonding with baby, how to put baby to bed etc

Even though I have been very involved with my sisters 3 children, as a FTM I have learnt a lot during the session, as had my husband

Need advice- We are not planning to have our baby sleep in the bedroom with us as our room is so small we can barely walk around the bed as it is! Our nursery is 3 steps from our room and the crib will be about 5 feet from the door- probably a total of 15 feet from our bed (if that)... I know your supposed to have your baby in the same room for at least 6 months- but I absolutely don't see it working! Help!

You have to do what is best for you and your baby. Is there anyway you could have baby in your room for the first few days while you get used to baby being there? You have to set up in the way that best suits you and baby and if you know that it means baby going in the next room then that's what you should do.

Hmm... I wouldn't be comfortable having my baby anywhere other than in my room. I'll have to climb over the bed to get out with the basket in with us but so be it.

Have you considered a cosleeper like this: https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Rest-Assured-Sleeper/dp/B004J7VHVG

How is everyone feeling??

Welcome snoopy (delayed, sorry).

Turtle--- have you considered co sleeping the first bit? Or maybe getting a basket for baby so it's easily moved when you need to walk around?

I really like the idea of the cosleeper- I was also thinking that I have a chair tucked in the corner of my room that I can take out and may be able to SQUEEZE my pack n play in... I would feel much more comfortable with baby being in sight. I guess Ill just figure out how to make it work. :)

Hello! My baby boy is due September 23rd, but I feel like he's gonna be sooner than that. My belly hasn't dropped, but he is head down and constantly headbutting my cervix (his hiccups are just above my pubic bone). This is my first, and I'm not exactly ready! I don't know the first thing about being a mom. I don't even know how to put a diaper on, let alone care and nurture a life that is 100% dependent upon me :/

Hi! I wouldn't worry too much about nappies... They'll show you how to do all that in the hospital and I'm pretty sure you'll put plenty on backwards/too loose and end up in a mess.... We all did :) It's how you learn!

Im beginning to get very nervous about him being here too. I have wanted him all my life and now that he is a month a bit out from turning up, im scared crapless! All normal feelings im certain- we will all learn and adapt to be the best mummies we can be!

So, rearranged some furniture in our bedroom and MADE the Pack n play fit! We are going to use it as the baby's bed for the first couple months- at least till I go back to work in January. Thanks everyone for your help! :hugs:

Hey everybody! I can't believe some of you are full term!!! I've got 5 days still but baby needs to stay put at least until the 15th (38+3) as DH will be out of town... How is everyone feeling? Any signs of impending labor yet? Getting closer! XOXO :hugs:

No signs for me yet. But tomorrow marks 37 weeks. DH wants her to stay another two weeks.... I'm hoping she decides to come a bit earlier... Haha.

Full term yesterday for me, and the longest I have have done in last three pregs is 37+4.... I think I'll go slightly longer this time....

37 weeks today and so ready for this little guy to come out. I was a "roomy one centimeter" at my last doctor's appointment Monday and my doctor seemed pleased with that as I'm a first timer. Of course, she also followed that up with "or you could walk around like that for five more weeks, yet!" Would be nice if babies adhered to a set of rules!

I don't know about everyone else but I felt pretty good up until about 34 weeks- then suddenly I started developing strange and almost unbearable pregnancy side effects- crazy painful lockjaw that hurts in my ear when I chew, and my right hand is numb pretty much all the time now...

I also found out not more than 3 hours ago that I am positive for Group B Strep. I'm hoping for a natural birth and am going to be really bummed if they decide to induce me in order to do the antibiotics when (if!) my water breaks before active labor... Anyone have experience with this? I'm a little scared...

I'm still feeling pretty good. I do get random pressure in my lower abdomen but if I lie down it goes away. I will find out my Group B Strep results on Wednesday. I have no experience with it though as I didn't have it last time.

Yay, full term! I'm officially giving this baby girl her eviction notice effective today! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->